Human kindness missing

Human kindness missing

There are 154 comments on the News Observer story from Jul 28, 2008, titled Human kindness missing. In it, News Observer reports that:

Could it be that Tim Sutton, the Alamance County commissioner who has led the charge against illegal immigration in his county and the state, finally sees the harsh flip side of his cause? Maybe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“rock lover”

Since: Sep 08

united states

#164 Sep 6, 2008
i think of it like this send the kids with them, it may not be there fault that there parents are illegal but i dont care they will grow up just like there parents and that makes one more job stealing mexican....

“The End Of America Coming Soon”

Since: Dec 07

Welfare State

#165 Sep 6, 2008
Stewie wrote:
The whole illegal immigrant situation is not about human kindness. It's about the law and preserving our country. You can want illegals to be deported and not feel hatred or unkind about it. Where does making exceptions to breaking laws stop? If forgive illegals how about forgiving thieves, or murderers?
My feelings exactly.
The immigration debate should not be based on emotion, but rather on the rule of law.
John McCain is all about granting humanitarian reasons for illegals to remain in the country.
We all know what those humanitarian reasons will be. It will be their U.S. born chidren, of course.
My God! They "all" have at least five kids per family.
If illegals are granted amnesty, then it would only be fair to open the prison gates and pardon all criminals for their crimes as well.
This country cannot enforce the rule of law on some and pardon others; especially when they are not citizens here.

“rock lover”

Since: Sep 08

united states

#166 Sep 6, 2008
Fed Up in North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>My feelings exactly.
The immigration debate should not be based on emotion, but rather on the rule of law.
John McCain is all about granting humanitarian reasons for illegals to remain in the country.
We all know what those humanitarian reasons will be. It will be their U.S. born chidren, of course.
My God! They "all" have at least five kids per family.
If illegals are granted amnesty, then it would only be fair to open the prison gates and pardon all criminals for their crimes as well.
This country cannot enforce the rule of law on some and pardon others; especially when they are not citizens here.
exactly why cant we have stern people like you running the white house instead of these imbred basturds we have now.
mzmarlena

Skokie, IL

#167 Sep 13, 2008
Stewie wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree with you. If anyone victimized this woman it was her parents. They knew brining her here was illegal, yet did so and stayed for years until caught.
I'm tired of people breaking our laws and then yelling racist or racial profiling when caught. Everyone has a sob story and thinks an exception should be made for them. Deport them all.
ditto. It is not my fault...I am a poor lady, no job, husband just lost his. Both children sick, and one special needs grandchild. We are hanging on by one thin thread...

Ask me if I care...

I gave and gave and gave...meanwhile my Mom is in hospice care, all her money gone and we are fighting to get her on aid, as we are fighting to buy gas to get to see her.

Guess what...gave enough, I want my family to be helped. We are citizens, loyal and had been loyal and generous. I don't care where they are from...they don't need and shouldn't be getting my help, from my safety net.

“You never really know.”

Since: Apr 07

North Hollywood, CA/NY,NY

#168 Sep 14, 2008
Human Kindness is not missing. I do not see what human kindness has to do with illegal immigration. Human kindness is the fact that people allowed these illegals to come up and live and work as long as they did in their illegal state. Human kindness is the facts that not all of these illegal immigrants who are women where raped or forced to be sex slaves every single moment of their life up here. Human kind is the fact that when people who are pissed off about illegals just did not shot and kill them on sight. Human Kindness was the very fact that they had it better up here than where the illegally immigrated from. The lack of human kindness was the employer who fired or did not hire a legal immigrant or citizen to do the job that he hired an illegal immigrant to do so he could make a little more money in his profit margin. The lack of human kindness is the illegal not caring that they took the job and living means away from a legal immigrant or citizen who had already paid their dues and where law abiding and tax paying. The lack of human kindness is all the support these illegals get at the expense of the legal immigrants or citizens. The lack of human kindness is when the legal citizens who paid taxes can not get the help they need when the illegal immigrants can get lots of free help at the expense of the legal immigrants and citizens. Help like Medical care, or housing assistance, or just a break. The lack of human kindness is all the identity theft that goes on to help the illegals who exist because they steal somebody else identity and then run it into the ground. But then what does an article on human kindness or the lack there of have to do with immigration anyways? What about the working man who helped out a stranger who was stranded on the side of the road by giving that stranger a ride to the person and maybe some money to help out, and asks for nothing in return. Now thats human kindness. or the man who buys a homeless family a meal and puts them up in a motel room for a couple of weeks, and asks for nothing in return. Now there's human kindness. So what about those things? They still happen, and happen quite often as well.
Militia

Tioga, ND

#170 Nov 4, 2009
Rico from East Los wrote:
No Human being is illegal, except whites Europeans.
What are you trying to say that all white people are illegal and all you POS mexicans are legal? Who is getting their butts deported for being here illegally? If we were illegal then we would get deported. You live in some kind of fantasy world.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#171 Nov 4, 2009
Militia wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say that all white people are illegal and all you POS mexicans are legal? Who is getting their butts deported for being here illegally? If we were illegal then we would get deported. You live in some kind of fantasy world.
His fantasy world is called "Aztlan." Flush twice - it's a long way to Aztlan!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#172 Nov 4, 2009
Militia wrote:
<quoted text>
Militia,

"No human is an illegal" is a slogan commonly used by open border scumbags like this loser. Its goal is to victimize his criminal racial brethern who slithered into America without proper documents.

There is some truth in the statement. However, while no human is illegal it is illegal for a human to be in the US without proper documents.
Militia

Tioga, ND

#173 Nov 4, 2009
Ms Taletha wrote:
<quoted text>
Militia,
"No human is an illegal" is a slogan commonly used by open border scumbags like this loser. Its goal is to victimize his criminal racial brethern who slithered into America without proper documents.
There is some truth in the statement. However, while no human is illegal it is illegal for a human to be in the US without proper documents.
Very true but these illegal alien invaders don't have the proper documents. So we should just have some target practice and save our country from invasion since our spineless government will not do it.
Bonnie

United States

#174 Nov 4, 2009
Who's being hunted down and deported? Tweeker..Are they mostly brown or mostly white?
Militia

Tioga, ND

#175 Nov 4, 2009
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> Who's being hunted down and deported? Tweeker..Are they mostly brown or mostly white?
Good evening Bonnie, and how are you this fine day?
Bonnie

United States

#176 Nov 4, 2009
Militia wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Bonnie, and how are you this fine day?
O.K. About ready to turn in. Not much going on..This country is sure going to he!l fast.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#177 Nov 5, 2009
Too bad for you, you're wrong. Any person who enters a country without authorization is illegal.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#178 Nov 5, 2009
Human kindness my arse!

Is that what we call a Government who gives away what Americans have worked hard for? What's "kind" about millions of "illegal" aliens obtaining citizenship through shamnesty, while many law-abiding immigrants get shoved to the back of the line? What's "kind" about millions of Americans suffering from the break-down of their Country because of Corporate America and all of these "special interest" groups who aid and abet illegal immigrants? What's "kind" about the millions of Americans who are out of work, on the streets, and fighting for their childrens' future, while millions of illegal immigrants squeeze the life out of our resources?

This Government owes the Americans of the United States the Human Kindness. The illegal aliens need to get their human kindness from their own countries. Charity (and kindness) begins at home.

If being "kind" to others hurts those who belong here and are citizens, then we must say NO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamance County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alamance Co. Man Charged With Sex Offenses With... (Oct '08) Jun '16 VICTIM 20
News Two Burlington teens charged with breaking into... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Middleburg Garden Club reports numerous fall ac... (Apr '15) Apr '15 luannebrooten 1
News DWIs ensnare many aliens (Sep '08) Apr '15 For Americans 18
News LabCorp finalizes merger deal with LipoScience (Jan '15) Jan '15 Bill Taylor 1
Mobile Advertising (Jan '15) Jan '15 mommakritter 1
News Walker's congressional office open (Jan '15) Jan '15 Not Surprised 1
More from around the web