Reassessment big issue with voters

Reassessment big issue with voters

There are 28 comments on the Evening Sun story from May 14, 2011, titled Reassessment big issue with voters. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Property owners set inside an overcrowded Gettysburg Middle School auditorium for the reassessment meeting last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really

Kernersville, NC

#1 May 15, 2011
Weikert and Phiel= cut from the same good old boy network. Electing Phiel will only be Weikert 2.0. No change and everything stays the same.
Dennis

Carlisle, PA

#2 May 15, 2011
People, get over it. Pay your fair share. Eat out less, you will have enough to cover your increase in two months.
For Real

Hanover, PA

#3 May 15, 2011
Dennis wrote:
People, get over it. Pay your fair share. Eat out less, you will have enough to cover your increase in two months.
And you probably rent and don't pay taxes. Or, you still live with mommy.
Dennis

Carlisle, PA

#4 May 15, 2011
Actually, my taxes increased. "For Real", I do not live with my "mommy", but I do need to go put water in your mommys dish. Get over it "For Real" and pay your fair share!
For Real

Hanover, PA

#5 May 15, 2011
Dennis wrote:
Actually, my taxes increased. "For Real", I do not live with my "mommy", but I do need to go put water in your mommys dish. Get over it "For Real" and pay your fair share!
Oh I know you live at the Park Hotel Rick. Lots of idiots go there and I know you are one of them.
Moose

Gettysburg, PA

#6 May 15, 2011
When you go to the polls, remember that the incumbents were willing to break the law to shift their tax base to 89% of the rest of us. They continue to perpetuate the tax shifting by allowing C&G to be administered improperly in the county. As long as they get THEIR entitlements, everything's cool. Vote CHANGE!
Stinks

Fannettsburg, PA

#8 May 15, 2011
Really wrote:
Weikert and Phiel= cut from the same good old boy network. Electing Phiel will only be Weikert 2.0. No change and everything stays the same.
Nothing could be further froml the truth..just because both come from Cumberland township. That is the only similarity. George won't even give you the time of day. Randy will listen and give you feedback. If he doesn't agree he will explain why. George has never done that.
What

Gettysburg, PA

#9 May 15, 2011
Moose wrote:
When you go to the polls, remember that the incumbents were willing to break the law to shift their tax base to 89% of the rest of us. They continue to perpetuate the tax shifting by allowing C&G to be administered improperly in the county. As long as they get THEIR entitlements, everything's cool. Vote CHANGE!
And Dennis is probably one of the 89% who get to pay the extra taxes that the incumbents illegally shifted....and he's too dumb to know it!
bob

Fannettsburg, PA

#10 May 15, 2011
vote vote vote for new blood in the courthouse if i was some of the people in the assessement department id be getting scared the new commissioners are going to clean house and get people that want to be fair give people fair assessements i have a 1/2 acre im going to get with barb walters and see how she gets her 1 acre on clean and green yes id like to save money to but not at the other tax payers expense
Adams co Citizen

Carlisle, PA

#11 May 15, 2011
George weikert, you should just pack your bags!
Adams co Citizen

Carlisle, PA

#12 May 15, 2011
Vote for Jim martin and Paul Kellet, both good people who care about you and I !
Really

Kernersville, NC

#13 May 15, 2011
Stinks wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing could be further froml the truth..just because both come from Cumberland township. That is the only similarity. George won't even give you the time of day. Randy will listen and give you feedback. If he doesn't agree he will explain why. George has never done that.
Oh..he talks to you. Never mind the fact he comes from the same shaft the tax payers mentality by paying millions for outsiders to come in and tells us what is wrong with the township. Sound familiar? Hint.Hint. Georgey boy and 21st century.
Peg

Hanover, PA

#14 May 15, 2011
Adams co Citizen wrote:
George weikert, you should just pack your bags!
Sorry but George is home right where he belongs. There is no one else that can take his place.
local

Shippensburg, PA

#15 May 15, 2011
Weikert is an ass just like the rest of those jerks.I appealed my increase the SOB's never called me for a hearing.
wow

Spring Run, PA

#16 May 15, 2011
Phiel "worked" for the Gettysburg National Park Service. He wouldnt know about hard work...is that someone you want leading our county? Id say Martin and Kellett are good choices.
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

#17 May 15, 2011
local wrote:
Weikert is an ass just like the rest of those jerks.I appealed my increase the SOB's never called me for a hearing.
Be patient....
IllegalMyA

Shippensburg, PA

#18 May 15, 2011
Moose wrote:
Your opinion. You were told by both the District Attorney and the county solicitor that nothing was done illegally, yet you continue to spew your lies.

Sounds like your just mad because YOU want their entitlements.

Kellet, Weikert, Moreno.
What

Gettysburg, PA

#19 May 15, 2011
IllegalMyA wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion. You were told by both the District Attorney and the county solicitor that nothing was done illegally, yet you continue to spew your lies.

That's because they are part of the "good ole boy" network...that's why it's time for change...lots of change.

To this day, properties are still being approved for "Clean & Greed" when, going by the rules of the program, they shouldn't be.

Kellet, Weikert, Moreno.
Kellett...yes

Weikert & Moron...HELL NO!!!!!
Moose

Gettysburg, PA

#20 May 15, 2011
IllegalMyA wrote:
<quoted text>
Kellet, Weikert, Moreno.
DA and solicitor are both county employees and it is solicitor's JOB to defend the Commissioners. He's supposed to keep them out of trouble before they get into trouble. He's got his hands full with this bunch!

Already proved the law was broken. Need to prove intent...hmmm
1. used lower land use values = greed (tax shift)
2. defended, then certified inflated land values for residential parcels (tax shift)
3. they INTENDED to pass ordinance for 6 years, yet failed to do so (6 years!)(tax shift)
4. commercial properties operating on C&G lands with preferential discounts (tax shift)
5. Ag-Use parcels not producing agricultural commodities (tax shift)
6. commercial properties assessed at residential rates (tax shift)
7. No checklist OR procedural guidelines for C&G eligibility requirements enables ineligible parcels to enroll.(tax shift)
8. Ignored evidence presented at Formal Hearing forcing residents to Prove their values in Court (Indifference to taxpayers & attempt to keep taxes shifted)
9. No compliance checks for C&G parcels (keep those taxes shifted)

Pretty clear to me that breaking the law and shifting taxes was INTENTIONAL.

If you LOVE TAXES, and LOVE PAYING SOMEONE ELSE'S TAXES, vote for GEORGE & LISA.

If you want to pay YOUR FAIR SHARE, I suggest Reindollar, Martin & Kellett.
wondering

Fayetteville, PA

#21 May 15, 2011
Moose, sounds like you have all the answers maybe you should run for commissioner

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adams County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feces-filled bucket left at Adams County home, ... (Jul '15) Mon Steve Gratman 90
News 2 men charged with illegal re-entry Jun 9 spytheweb 1
News Aspers teen denied bail in stabbing case (Oct '06) May '17 robin watson 23
News Adams County woman charged in fatal shooting of... Apr '17 Jitterbug 1
News Gettysburg (PA) racino proposed for third time Apr '17 Gay Gettysburg Guy 17
News Gettysburg police chief: Shredding document wasa Apr '17 Jones 4
News Gettysburg man charged with production of child... (Jul '16) Mar '17 Fitus T Bluster 40
More from around the web