Driver killed after chase

Driver killed after chase

There are 179 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jan 14, 2010, titled Driver killed after chase. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A 21-year-old Hanover man was killed Wednesday night on Route 94 when his car was struck by a vehicle being pursued by state police in Reading Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Betty

Coaldale, PA

#1 Jan 14, 2010
This is just horrible. My heart goes out to this boy's family.
sad and clear

Kalida, OH

#2 Jan 14, 2010
Based on the details of this article, it sounds like a clear case or reckless endangerment and man slaughter among other charges. Now that that is out of the way, let's not dwell on the driver of the Mustang.
Our thoughts and prayers are for Justin Gilbert's family and friends.
hmmmm

Westminster, MD

#3 Jan 14, 2010
Sad story. Hang the driver of the Mustang!
jimmy

Hanover, PA

#4 Jan 14, 2010
sad and clear wrote:
Based on the details of this article, it sounds like a clear case or reckless endangerment and man slaughter among other charges. Now that that is out of the way, let's not dwell on the driver of the Mustang.
Our thoughts and prayers are for Justin Gilbert's family and friends.
more like homicide
cara

Elliottsburg, PA

#5 Jan 14, 2010
You can release the name of the victim but not the person that caused the accident?
Sad

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jan 14, 2010
This is just terrible.. My heart goes out to the victim & his family.
zippy

Reading, PA

#7 Jan 14, 2010
If his boy lives, he is going to face multiple charges i'm sure. You don't just drive 70mph through hampton. I think too that the cop should not have kept pursing this guy at such a high rate of speed through a small town with a dangerous intersection anyway. Anyone could've pulled out and been killed, the cop should have considered that while in pursuit. High speed chases never end good! I understand they have a job to do but sometimes, it's better to just back off. A life could have been saved if not two...(just my opinion and i am entitled to it... for all you ppl who are gonna come after me for saying it.. pppplllll) There be another time when this kid does somethign stupid and stands a better chance at getting caught. Another innocent victim...
BoroughVenter

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jan 14, 2010
cara wrote:
You can release the name of the victim but not the person that caused the accident?
Go easy on them, there are protocols that must be followed, at the time this was written, apprently they haven't all been met.

Truely a sad story about another innocent victim due to someone elses' negligence. Hopefully the driver that was being chased lives, so he can stand trial and pay for his or her ignorance.

Peace to the state trooper who was only doing his job, and attemtping to take a criminal off our streets.

R.I.P. to this boy and peace to his family and frineds, another young life cut short once again in Adams County unnecessiarily due to someones stupidity.
Honest

York, PA

#9 Jan 14, 2010
zippy wrote:
If his boy lives, he is going to face multiple charges i'm sure. You don't just drive 70mph through hampton. I think too that the cop should not have kept pursing this guy at such a high rate of speed through a small town with a dangerous intersection anyway. Anyone could've pulled out and been killed, the cop should have considered that while in pursuit. High speed chases never end good! I understand they have a job to do but sometimes, it's better to just back off. A life could have been saved if not two...(just my opinion and i am entitled to it... for all you ppl who are gonna come after me for saying it.. pppplllll) There be another time when this kid does somethign stupid and stands a better chance at getting caught. Another innocent victim...
Good point but the mustang was already traveling at a high rate of speed, whos to say he wouldnt have killed someone anyhow?
lizzzy

Scranton, PA

#10 Jan 14, 2010
This is a terrible tragedy that happened in my yard. Justin Gilbert hit my husbands red camaro. He ended up in my yard, and his precious life was taken away just because a reckless driver in the mustang. My thoughts and prayers go out of the family.
Sorry

Maple Grove, MN

#11 Jan 14, 2010
Thoughts and prayers are with the family of Justin.
I understand that there are protocols and such but it seems to me they are protecting the criminal here. He should suffer the consequences of his stupid actions that claimed another life.
Speaking My Peace

United States

#12 Jan 14, 2010
This "Unidentified Driver" better get the book thrown at him. Obviously he had a reason to be running. But why run when you know it's only going to get yourself in more trouble. I know one thing, this "unidentified driver" will have one punishment that should live with him for the rest of his life, and that is knowing that he himself took an innocent life. 21 years young and gone. This "unidentified drive" deserves everything he will have coming his way. I just hope he doesn't get some lawyer who tries to play him as the victim. Gilbert family, by all means did not deserve to lose a son at such a young age and at the careless hands of another.

To the Gilbert Family and Friends, You will be in my prayers. This is such a tragic situation. May God be with all of you in your time of sorrow.
Voice of Reason

Dallas, PA

#13 Jan 14, 2010
How horrible. Bless both the families for the trying times to come. I'll def use this as an example to my kids about speeding and reckless driving. Truly a tragedy.
One more time

Dallas, PA

#14 Jan 14, 2010
Where's pat noels usual rantings about posting the picture of the accident scene?
Local

Elizabethtown, PA

#15 Jan 14, 2010
Jeebus people slow down!

I drive the speed limit or a little over and I get passed all the time out on those roads.

Why?
ColonialsMom

Portsmouth, VA

#16 Jan 14, 2010
Carlisle Sentinel released the name of the driver, 18 year old Zachary Kennedy.
Lois

Gettysburg, PA

#17 Jan 14, 2010
IT'S THE cop if they would STOP CHASEing pople
just get the plate number. how many more are going
to die STOP CHASEING.
Obvious

Maple Grove, MN

#18 Jan 14, 2010
One more time wrote:
Where's pat noels usual rantings about posting the picture of the accident scene?
All in due time I'm sure
frox

Lititz, PA

#19 Jan 14, 2010
Sad.
huh

Kalida, OH

#20 Jan 14, 2010
Lois wrote:
IT'S THE cop if they would STOP CHASEing pople
just get the plate number. how many more are going
to die STOP CHASEING.
Don't even think about putting this on the cop. If he did get the number and then stop chasing and the driver still killed someone, then youÂ’d bitch "where's the cop when you need him."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adams County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canadian police assist in Gettysburg arrest (Nov '15) Sep 3 Steve 11
News York Springs hires new tax collector aftera Aug '16 honest3tax2collec... 1
News Feces-filled bucket left at Adams County home, ... (Jul '15) Aug '16 Coprophagy 81
News Gettysburg man charged with production of child... Aug '16 Rickie 8
News Robbers take out AC unit, beat residents with b... Jul '16 Steve Gratman 4
News Parents effected by heroin epidemic hold awaren... Jun '16 Davenport 3
News Gettysburg man gets jail sentence, deemed viole... (Apr '13) Mar '16 Davenport 194
More from around the web