Since: Aug 09

louisville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

I am looking for information on the following surnames: My Great-Great Grandmother was Anna Davis Caldwell Hancock married to Thomas Tunsil or Tunsil Thomas Hancock of Green County. Anna's parents were from Adair County they were Levi Henry Caldwell and Harriet Lee Grady Caldwell. I know that Harriet and Levi are buried on the Charles Kessler farm in the Portland Community. I have not been able to find out where Anna was buried. My Great Grandmother Carrie Lee Hancock Sullivan lost her mother Anna when she was a young girl. The story always told was Anna was combing her hair by the fire place, caught fire and died. Any information I can collect on the Caldwell's or Grady's would be greatly appreciated. You never know I might find a long lost cousin.
not really kin

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

CindiUKWildcats wrote:
I am looking for information on the following surnames: My Great-Great Grandmother was Anna Davis Caldwell Hancock married to Thomas Tunsil or Tunsil Thomas Hancock of Green County. Anna's parents were from Adair County they were Levi Henry Caldwell and Harriet Lee Grady Caldwell. I know that Harriet and Levi are buried on the Charles Kessler farm in the Portland Community. I have not been able to find out where Anna was buried. My Great Grandmother Carrie Lee Hancock Sullivan lost her mother Anna when she was a young girl. The story always told was Anna was combing her hair by the fire place, caught fire and died. Any information I can collect on the Caldwell's or Grady's would be greatly appreciated. You never know I might find a long lost cousin.
i am looking to for anyone related to rollin montgomery or joel montgomery or bettie bell thanks for any help
Aidnak4

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Hi, The only name that I may be able to shed some light on is Tunsil. There are a bunch of us throughout Florida. Some of us even have an extra "l" on our last name (like myself)...maybe due to a family feud back in the day. Therefore, I think that Tunsil is probably Thomas last name, since that's a very uncommon name.
CindiUKWildcats wrote:
cindi

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

still look for information on the Levi Henry Caldwell. He was my ggg grandfather. Buried at Kessler Farm. His wife was Harriet Lee Grady. My gg grandmother was Anna Davis Caldwell Hancock married to Thomas Tunsil Hancock of Green County Kentucky.
Hope

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

CindiUKWildcats wrote:
Went to school with a Hancock family in Green county 60 plus years ago also Sullivens,Moores,Shuffets, might try looking in that eara,can remember a Donnie and Windell Hancock, good luck
Richard Collins

Roswell, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

not really kin wrote:
<quoted text>i am looking to for anyone related to rollin montgomery or joel montgomery or bettie bell thanks for any help
I am related to Joel Smith Montgomery, son of Francis Montgomery. Joel is the father of Wm. Dudley Winston Montgomery, who in turn is my great grandmother's father. I have a fairly good timeline back to John Montgomery, Francis' father.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Adair County Discussions

Search the Adair County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
save a lot manager and checker Mar '14 suzzie Q 1
Police Charge Adair County Man With Crimes Rela... Mar '14 hangem 1
Watch who does your hair Mar '14 Kristen 1
Watch Who Does Your Hair (Jul '13) Mar '14 Interested 2
Bluegrass Pipeline opponents raise concerns aft... Feb '14 Angela Lee 1
Searching for family Pages ( Paige ) Jan '14 Brad 3
bars Dec '13 curious 1
•••
•••