Idaho police shoot, kill Boise woman ...

Idaho police shoot, kill Boise woman after high-speed car chase

There are 19 comments on the Times-News story from Oct 27, 2007, titled Idaho police shoot, kill Boise woman after high-speed car chase. In it, Times-News reports that:

“We aren't able to say at this point exactly what happened”

BOISE, Idaho - A 30-year-old Boise woman died Saturday after being shot by two deputies following a high-speed car chase. via Times-News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-News.

rejina

Aberdeen, ID

#1 Oct 29, 2007
In the articles Ive read it sounds like she just wanted to get away and it doesnt mention anything about her pulling her gun on police,if that is the case they should not have opened fire on her ,also after the first shot,it seems like that would be enough to stop her,why eight times? It seems like they used extreme force in my opinion.
I am RV

Port Lavaca, TX

#2 Oct 30, 2007
One of the cops that shot her had been involved in another fatal shooting last year.
What are the odds of a cop being involved in a fatal shooting once in a career in Idaho - not to mention TWO FATAL SHOOTINGS in a years time.
Some cops out there are trigger happy.
BTW - since she was shot in Payette County, why did Ada County do the autopsy? I'm certainly not fishing here. I don't EVER trust a word any cop has to say - Especially when it comes to all of them conspiring together to cover each others asses.
debbie

Fruitland, ID

#3 May 25, 2009
either everyone is scared to say a word about dirty cops, or no-one really gives a *hit. well, until it happens to them. sounds like the cop had a bad day. eight shots?
Smart Person

Boise, ID

#4 Jul 16, 2009
If you don't want to be shot obey the laws and don't run from the police, it's that simple. If she chose to just pull over and obey the law this whole situation could of been avoided. It's her own fault and maybe she will be an example to every other dumb *ss out there that get's a bright idea to put innocent people's lives in danger. She made the choice and those were the consequences for the decision she made.

“luis04191”

Since: Jun 09

Planet Earth

#5 Aug 5, 2009
rejina wrote:
In the articles Ive read it sounds like she just wanted to get away and it doesnt mention anything about her pulling her gun on police,if that is the case they should not have opened fire on her ,also after the first shot,it seems like that would be enough to stop her,why eight times? It seems like they used extreme force in my opinion.
I could not even get my hands yet on the article. If there isn't sufficient information, however, then I would suggest to wait 'til you do to formulate an intelligent opinion.

God bless
WTF

Valley Village, CA

#6 Aug 7, 2009
Smart Person wrote:
If you don't want to be shot obey the laws and don't run from the police, it's that simple. If she chose to just pull over and obey the law this whole situation could of been avoided. It's her own fault and maybe she will be an example to every other dumb *ss out there that get's a bright idea to put innocent people's lives in danger. She made the choice and those were the consequences for the decision she made.
Well said. I have never been shot at by the cops. But then again, I don't failure to yield and go on pursuits with them.

“Love and compassion for all.”

Since: Feb 08

Boise

#7 Aug 7, 2009
A vehicle is considered a deadly weapon if driven by an out-of-control driver that refuses to yield. The Boise police shot and killed a kid a few years back for taking off after a cop had tried to take the keys out of the ignition and had gotten stuck as the kid sped away. The passenger was sent to prison for telling the driver to, "Scrape him off", referring to the cop.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#8 Aug 8, 2009
I am RV wrote:
BTW - since she was shot in Payette County, why did Ada County do the autopsy?
To avoid a conflict of interest, dotard.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#9 Aug 8, 2009
Joe Highley wrote:
A vehicle is considered a deadly weapon if driven by an out-of-control driver...
Don't you gay.boi.dicktardians ever read your own state's statutes?

I bet the verbiage, "driven by an out of control driver" isn't even mentioned in the Idaho statute regarding the definition of "deadly weapons".

Why don't you sort out your confusion about "deadly weapons" by going to the state statutes and fetching us the definion now, why doncha, boy? Do it now!

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#10 Aug 8, 2009
Smart Person wrote:
If you don't want to be shot obey the laws and don't run from the police, it's that simple.
She didn't get shot by police for eluding, you ignorant toothless retarted poodlestain:

By Callie Zanandrie & AP
BOISE - Authorities say police shot and killed a 30-year-old Boise woman and mother of three only after she pointed a gun at them following a high-speed car chase.

Sarah Marie Stanfield died early Saturday after being shot by two deputies following a chase that began in southwest Ada County and ended about 45 minutes later seven miles from the Oregon border on I-84.

The incident began Friday night at about 10:35 when Sergeant Ron Santucci attempted a routine traffic stop. Santucci said he tried to talk to Stanfield, while he waited for backup, but Stanfield drove away.

Stanfield led the deputies on a high-speed chase with speeds reaching 100 miles an hour.

Officers from Meridian Police, Idaho State Police, Canyon County Sheriff's Office and Payette County Sheriff's Office assisted Ada County Sheriff's deputies in the chase.

Stanfield was wanted on a felony warrant for a probation violation and was facing charges of harboring a felon, Kirkely Evans, a man who shot at Meridian Police Officers in September.

Spike strips laid down by police caused damage to Stanfield's Blazer and it finally came to a stop. Police Officers ordered Stanfield and the male passenger out of the truck.

The male passenger was arrested, but Stanfield fled.

Stanfield reportedly approached a semi-truck and tried to open the door, but it was locked. Police say Stanfield put a gun to her head and refused to put it down. Police say they tried to taser her twice but failed because of the coat she wore.

Police say she pointed the gun at them after the second taser attempt, causing two deputies to fire.

Stanfield was hit by eight bullets, and died of multiple gunshot wounds to the chest, according to the Ada County coroner's report.

Ada County Sheriff Gary Raney says witnesses reported that Stanfield fired at least one shot, but added that could not immediately be confirmed.

The incident remains under investigation.

"We're just sad...she shouldn't be gone," said Sarah Stanfield's mother, Kathy Stanfield.

Sarah Stanfield stopped by her parent's home hours before she was shot by police.

Her Father said that she knew police were after her and that she told him to tell her three kids she loved them.

"The only thing I wish now is that I'd grabbed her when she was here," said Bob Stanfield.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12 Aug 9, 2009
"Police say she pointed the gun at them after the second taser attempt, causing two deputies to fire." Sounds like another suicide by cop.
David Feild

Wimberley, TX

#14 Sep 14, 2010
Did you hear that guy above "Its Her Fault" Its her fault she made a bad decision to run but its the officers fault for making a bad decision to shoot her and he should go to prison....Police are supposed to protect and serve the community, But the law applies to cops also,...Just because he is a cop does not mean he should be above the law...
PRE-MEDITATED MURDER if you ask me BOISE COPS ARE ALL SADISTIC MORMON SATANIST IM GLAD I MOVED THE HECK OUT OF IDAHO...FVCK ALL YOU MORMON PEDOPHILES!!!
David Feild

Wimberley, TX

#15 Sep 14, 2010
IDAHO HAS SOME OF THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL IDIOTIC POLICE OFFICERS IN THE COUNTRY A MAJORITY OF THEM ARE EX LAPD FLUNKIES WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT DOWN IN LA
AS REAL COPS SO THEY MOVED TO IDAHO TO PICK ON THE WANNABE GANSTERS AND SHOOT PEOPLE AT THE DROP OF THE HAT....PEOPLE YOU NEED TO HOLD A PROTEST AGAINST IDAHO LAW INFORCEMENT VIOLENCE AT THE CAPITOL THIS SH1T HAS TOO STOP!!!
Duds

Irvine, CA

#16 Sep 19, 2010
Sounds good on paper but really cops have an us versus them attitude. You and I are them. We catch bullets if we don't act exactly like they tell us to. Maybe when they run out of taxpayers they'll start to give a shi_t about us but until then it's be on your Ps and Qs are get your card punched in by bullies in uniforms. End of story.
David Feild wrote:
Did you hear that guy above "Its Her Fault" Its her fault she made a bad decision to run but its the officers fault for making a bad decision to shoot her and he should go to prison....Police are supposed to protect and serve the community, But the law applies to cops also,...Just because he is a cop does not mean he should be above the law...
PRE-MEDITATED MURDER if you ask me BOISE COPS ARE ALL SADISTIC MORMON SATANIST IM GLAD I MOVED THE HECK OUT OF IDAHO...FVCK ALL YOU MORMON PEDOPHILES!!!
Ginger Meier

Kent, WA

#17 Jul 22, 2011
In response to the below statement....kudos to you. Idaho cop are ruining and damaging the american citizens in Idaho (mostly nonmormon). There are endless stories of their brutality. I've even heard of their brutality on a second grader. When professional staff tried to stand up against it, they were moved to another school.

I also got the hell out of Idaho and I feel I'm very lucky for it.

David Feild wrote:
IDAHO HAS SOME OF THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL IDIOTIC POLICE OFFICERS IN THE COUNTRY A MAJORITY OF THEM ARE EX LAPD FLUNKIES WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT DOWN IN LA
AS REAL COPS SO THEY MOVED TO IDAHO TO PICK ON THE WANNABE GANSTERS AND SHOOT PEOPLE AT THE DROP OF THE HAT....PEOPLE YOU NEED TO HOLD A PROTEST AGAINST IDAHO LAW INFORCEMENT VIOLENCE AT THE CAPITOL THIS SH1T HAS TOO STOP!!!
Jessica

Kuna, ID

#18 Sep 1, 2011
This was my cousin I will never get to see her agian because of this incident. I love you sarah ill never forget the outings we had.
Tired of the cult

Meridian, ID

#19 Feb 8, 2015
These are interesting comments. Some of them are on the money. The average Idaho agency is a reflection of the very population they represent......usually 50 percent or more mormon. The implications and the facts soon become obvious: nepotism and favoritism run rampant in the departments. One of the larger agencies in Idaho has an incredible history: drug abuse, pedophiles, alcoholism, sexual misconduct on duty, lying in court, sexual perversion, arrests for DUIs, domestic violence,...the list's disgusting and DOCUMENTED in the local papers. Of course, the cult has a strong influence on almost every aspect of life in idaho so many things fail to make it to the public forum. For the poor souls who are employees of these agencies and are non mormon, the policy of personal destruction is key to minimizing them or forcing them out. It is very real and very common. Generally an attempt is made to convert them. There is one chance and once turned down, the shunning usually begins. If one is determined to be a threat, the full force of the mormon majority is brought to bear and in general, successful. The impact situations such as this has on the impartiality of law enforcement is obvious. The only way anyone can actually thrive in Idaho as a non mormon is to find an independent source of income not dependent upon the mormon majority or simply stay out of the state. From what I understand, the mormons can be quite a force to have to deal with if you get on their bad side. As far as the so called California influence talked of above, it is rather strange. My understanding is that the vast majority of the Californians who come to Idaho actually are mormon or are related or connected to mormonism in some fashion. The facts is that Idaho is 50 percent mormon meaning for every two people you meet, chances are one of them is mormon. They are s very slippery evil group....but their pearly white smiles and wholesome exterior are a facade. They are vindictive and dangerous.
The real zeke

Milan, TN

#20 Feb 21, 2015
Tired of the cult wrote:
These are interesting comments. Some of them are on the money. The average Idaho agency is a reflection of the very population they represent......usually 50 percent or more mormon. The implications and the facts soon become obvious: nepotism and favoritism run rampant in the departments. One of the larger agencies in Idaho has an incredible history: drug abuse, pedophiles, alcoholism, sexual misconduct on duty, lying in court, sexual perversion, arrests for DUIs, domestic violence,...the list's disgusting and DOCUMENTED in the local papers. Of course, the cult has a strong influence on almost every aspect of life in idaho so many things fail to make it to the public forum. For the poor souls who are employees of these agencies and are non mormon, the policy of personal destruction is key to minimizing them or forcing them out. It is very real and very common. Generally an attempt is made to convert them. There is one chance and once turned down, the shunning usually begins. If one is determined to be a threat, the full force of the mormon majority is brought to bear and in general, successful. The impact situations such as this has on the impartiality of law enforcement is obvious. The only way anyone can actually thrive in Idaho as a non mormon is to find an independent source of income not dependent upon the mormon majority or simply stay out of the state. From what I understand, the mormons can be quite a force to have to deal with if you get on their bad side. As far as the so called California influence talked of above, it is rather strange. My understanding is that the vast majority of the Californians who come to Idaho actually are mormon or are related or connected to mormonism in some fashion. The facts is that Idaho is 50 percent mormon meaning for every two people you meet, chances are one of them is mormon. They are s very slippery evil group....but their pearly white smiles and wholesome exterior are a facade. They are vindictive and dangerous.
This 50%. Is bullcrap. It is.more like 25%. Let us have details. Which is that "larger agency". Let's see some evidence of the pedophilia etc. your reference to being DOCUMENTED is not acceptable. Perhaps ypu arE simply a bigotted piece of shyt.
SUSAN PAGE

Cookeville, TN

#21 Mar 4, 2015
MR SMART PERSON YOU ARE A IDIOT.WHAT THE PERSON,MAN ON THE STREET NEEDS IS SOME VEST-BUSTER BULLETS.THEM BULLETS GO RIGHT THROUGH A CEVLAR -VEST.THE KIND OF VEST THAT THE SON OF BITCH POLICE WARE.AND A CONSERTED EFFORT TO DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.LIKE THE GOOD BOOK SAYS, A EYE FOR A EYE.THAT GOES FOR YOU SCUM BAGS IN BLUE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ada County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ada County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal Records (Sep '16) Sep '16 Nathan 2
News Viewers really respond to dog shooting story, d... (Apr '10) Sep '16 Steve 3
News Idaho begins issuing same-sex marriage licenses (Oct '14) Apr '15 Fa-Foxy 48
News Les Bois Race Track Operators Warn Employees of... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Craig 1
News Couples Anxious to Grab First Idaho Same-Sex Ma... (Oct '14) Dec '14 The Real Zeke 33
News Hoagland Defeats Arnold for 4th Judicial Judge (Nov '14) Nov '14 Quisnos Republic 1
News Woman arrested for giving drunk teen an IV (Sep '14) Sep '14 Parden Pard 5
More from around the web