hp recovery failure

Antwerpen, Belgium

#1 Aug 29, 2006
I want to use the recovery partition to restore my pc to the original settings, but i'm experiencing a couple of difficulties... I don't have any recovery cds or whatever and i can't make them, there's no link in the programs folder and the link to start the recovery is missing as well, I suppose it has been deleted once, after formatting the hard disk. Anyway, I wanted to find a way to start the recovery anyway and i ran the command prompt to run h:\MiniNT\system32\start.exe but it doesn't work! i get the following messages:

cannot find log file restore.log
error 2: h:\svg.dll missing
\restore.log missing

and now i don't know what to do anymore

Abbotsford, Canada

#2 Sep 2, 2006
Hi grasshopper,
have you tryed F10 on bootup? Most Hp and Compaq computer on their tittle screen have th F10 for recovery option, to get into the recovery partion. else you'll need to buy recovery cd's, and they are from $20-$50

Cagayan De Oro City, Philippines

#3 Apr 12, 2008
pressing f10 for hp laptops goes to bios not recovery options...need help same problem as above

Cagayan De Oro City, Philippines

#4 Apr 12, 2008
i must hav corrupted the bootmgr wen i installed the clean vista home basic. now, miniNT system 32 statr.exe is missing...any solution for this..location Philippines, hard to secure recovery disks from hp....

Worthing, UK

#5 Aug 22, 2008
I have a similar situation with my Pavillion HDX9320 EA. After I accidentally did a clean install of Vista Premium instead of an upgrade, a lot of the functions were messed up. HP advised me to download the drivers from the website and now nearly everything is working perfectly apart from the function keys f7 and f8 and the eject button on the touchpad console. Anyone know which driver I need to get these working? I really don't want to use the recovery disks and start from scratch with all my programs... Any advice appreciated.

Whitesboro, TX

#6 Mar 24, 2011
Attempted an HP system recovery from recovery kit. When all 3 disks are finished, the pc reboots and begins copying files the gets winpeshl.exe application error. Memory location xxxxx could not be read. Any suggestions?

Miami, FL

#7 Jan 1, 2013
i replaced my old 750gig with 1tb hard drive of my hp dm4 3050. using a recovery disk from hp it would say recovery failure. it would say as p2pp burnboot check failure. i cannot recover my computer. please help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hewlett Packard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HP to cut 11,000 to 16,000 more jobs (May '14) Oct 21 Raj Chanani 62
News Reward offered in rash of burglaries (Sep '09) Sep '16 Sick of Stupidity 40
Computer and laptop can't recognise HP Photosma... Aug '16 tamsin28 1
News A Look at the Linux Foundation's Collaborative ... Aug '16 Kevin 1
Have U ever thought of buying a hidden camera? (May '12) Jun '16 Jason 4
News Ted Cruz to name Carly Fiorina as VP (Apr '16) Apr '16 Cruz 2016 7
News Meet the Candidate: Carly Fiorina (May '15) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 868
More from around the web