How low can they go? Retailers slash ...

How low can they go? Retailers slash prices to pull shoppers

There are 14 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 2, 2008, titled How low can they go? Retailers slash prices to pull shoppers. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

In a bid to pull hesitant shoppers into their stores, retailers are slashing prices on everything from jeans to dinnerware.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Ali Smith

United States

#1 Sep 2, 2008
"How low can they go?"
After retailers have been raising prices for the past 2 years??
Not a hard question.
truth

United States

#3 Sep 3, 2008
i could care less about stores i barely go into. When is publix going to offer 20% off? Thats news.
Dick

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Sep 3, 2008
truth wrote:
i could care less about stores i barely go into. When is publix going to offer 20% off? Thats news.
If you can't afford to go to Publix, then go to Sedanos.
McGruff

Deer Park, TX

#6 Sep 3, 2008
Don't ever buy from Zales anyway - Massive bait and switch scamsters! Slight of hand tricksters too!
Black Eye

Incline Village, NV

#7 Sep 3, 2008
That's why they call it a recession. The economy contracts, or shrinks. Companies go out of business and disappear because our government refuses to stop the illegals from coming in and keeping wages low. No one can afford anything when we're all making $8 an hour with no raises in sight. There's always an illegal immigrant willing to do your job for 1/2 the cost people! If not them, then their kids, whose college education was paid for by you and me, will be ready to take your job from you.
Susan

Brooksville, FL

#8 Sep 3, 2008
In spite of the fact that retail sales have plummented, it still hasn't made the salespeople any more likely to wait on you. I walked into The Gap this weekend---right past two sales people. They were too busy talking to each other to bother with us---and my daughter had bags from Victoria's Secret, Dillards and Finish Line. A fact I mentioned to my mother as we exited the store---past the same two salespeople.
Arrrg

Tahlequah, OK

#9 Sep 3, 2008
Dick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't afford to go to Publix, then go to Sedanos.
Sedanos is not a grocery store, it's a latino traffic jam.
homeowner

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Sep 3, 2008
yoohoo wrote:
Bananas are still 69 cents a pound.
They are 39 cents a pound at the SuperTarget near me
FYI

Brandywine, MD

#11 Sep 3, 2008
Just thought I would mention a shopping scam (perhaps). Today I received a call from India or thereabouts. They offered me a set of three shopping cards for free. One was for free $50 in gas, any station. The second was for up to 50% off all purchases at any store, including Walmarts. The third was a card for free long distance telephone calls.

The cards would be activated for 21 days as a promotion. After that time you could buy the cards in the stores for $19.95, each. Here is the catch, you needed to give them a debit card or credit card number for $3.99 shipping. When I hesitated and said it was too good to be true, I was handed off to a supervisor that explained the whole deal again. I told him I don't give out credit card numbers over the phone. He said I was only authorizing $3.99. I said you could take as much as you wanted. He said F**K OFF, and slammed the phone down.

They tried to confirm my address, it is listed incorrectly in the telephone book and that was the address they tried to confirm. They must get the numbers off the internet.
WhatFi

Miami, FL

#12 Sep 3, 2008
Car manufacturers need to realize that $19-36,000 is still too much for a car.
caml

Kissimmee, FL

#13 Sep 3, 2008
still overpriced anyway!!
BigBucketOSuck

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Sep 3, 2008
I saved even more by staying out of the stores.
cubans ARGHHHHH

New Orleans, LA

#15 Sep 3, 2008
Arrrg wrote:
<quoted text>
Sedanos is not a grocery store, it's a latino traffic jam.
Dirty sedanos is not a grocery, it's a wannabe grocery.
Paul

Elizabeth, NJ

#16 Dec 27, 2008
McGruff wrote:
Don't ever buy from Zales anyway - Massive bait and switch scamsters! Slight of hand tricksters too!
Maybe down in FL my friend but as an associate I have no vested interest in scamming you. If you buy 1 ring I don't care if you get something better...no more or less money in my pocket either way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is This Jeweler Up For A Big Run? (Oct '14) Oct '14 greek21 2
News Most Successful Celebrity Designer Launching Fi... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Amberline 1
News Zales Announces Organizational Changes (Aug '07) Oct '10 ivyperson 7
News Zale pines for shoppers' love on Valentine's Day (Feb '10) Jun '10 Bill Baglio 4
News SEC to check Zale's books (Nov '09) Jan '10 Daytonly 3
News Starbucks, other stores seek rent cuts from lan... (Jun '09) Jun '09 store for rent 1
News Finlay's Acquisition from Zale Triples Number o... (Nov '07) Mar '09 Riva 3
More from around the web