Finlay's Acquisition from Zale Triple...

Finlay's Acquisition from Zale Triples Number of Stand-alone Stores...

There are 3 comments on the story from Nov 15, 2007, titled Finlay's Acquisition from Zale Triples Number of Stand-alone Stores.... In it, reports that:

“The transaction nearly triples the number of stand-alone jewelry stores that we operate and significantly expands our presence in the luxury market, which continues to be one of the most attractive segments of the jewelry business.”

With a five-year revolving credit facility of $550 million from GE Corporate Lending, Finlay Fine Jewelry Corporation completed its purchase of Bailey Banks & Biddle retail chain from the Zale Corporation for ... via

Join the discussion below, or

#1 Nov 17, 2007
i hope finlay, in their great wisdom <so far>, save "neil meany" as one of the more important regional managers around!!!
mark s

#2 Jul 13, 2008
bad news for the industry---yes, findlay bought them <good>, but they also started all employess
with no benefits <very bad move in this tough industry!!!.>

Rehovot, Israel

#3 Mar 1, 2009
Neil Meany left the company a while back and is now working for Tiffany's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is This Jeweler Up For A Big Run? (Oct '14) Oct '14 greek21 2
News Most Successful Celebrity Designer Launching Fi... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Amberline 1
News Zales Announces Organizational Changes (Aug '07) Oct '10 ivyperson 7
News Zale pines for shoppers' love on Valentine's Day (Feb '10) Jun '10 Bill Baglio 4
News SEC to check Zale's books (Nov '09) Jan '10 Daytonly 3
News Starbucks, other stores seek rent cuts from lan... (Jun '09) Jun '09 store for rent 1
News Zale sued over 'Love Rocks' campaign (Feb '09) Feb '09 Roland 1
More from around the web