'Dog the Bounty Hunter' put to sleep

'Dog the Bounty Hunter' put to sleep

There are 3 comments on the The Superficial story from Nov 6, 2007, titled 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' put to sleep. In it, The Superficial reports that:

“They should pull the show completely and never air reruns or anything with Chapman ever again”

Dog the Bounty Hunter has been pulled off the air indefinitely by A&E. Advertisers began boycotting the show after Duane "Dog" Chapman was caught on tape making racially charged threats to his son over the ... via The Superficial

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Superficial.

Mickey Meeks

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Nov 27, 2007
I have four boys and we eat out alot but until Dog the bounty hunter is back on A&E we will not be eating yum brands or watching A&E you are not just hurting Dog but more people than he hurt and my family will not be apart of it we are small but if enough people do the same thing we will beat this mabe if enough of your franchises go out of business then you wont be able to play god
thank you
Mickey Meeks
John Dell

Scarborough, Canada

#2 Dec 17, 2007
To Yum Brand Foods;

I am appalled by your recent ultimatum to the A&E network to pull the Dog The Bounty Hunter show off the air or risk losing all of Yum Brand's advertising dollars. I am not defending Duane Chapman's use of the 'n'-word in a private conversation with his son. It is indefensible and should not be used by anyone, especially someone like Duane Chapman who has done so much to connect with criminals and the disenfranchised of all races for many years. You would have to be blind to not see his dedication and humanitarian love. I cannot fathom how a company as progressive as Yum Brand Foods particularly in the area of equal opportunity use this negative incident to heal and forgive rather than to treat it like a political hot potato. It is obvious to me your company is only interested in doing the safest, politically correct thing to protect your bottom line. Shame on you! I will not be patronizing any of the Yum Brand franchises until I see evidence of better corporate leadership.

United States

#3 Jan 8, 2008
Ultimatum? What ultimatum? YUM brands decided not to advertise on his show. Guess what? Half the companies in America don't want to advertise with that show now either. Should we boycott every company that doesn't advertise on that show (over 99.9% of the companies in the world) or just the one who was going to put their money behind him and then changed their minds when he went "N Bomb" crazy. It is so ironic to me that people want to shake their finger at YUM brands for being too "politically correct" and are then quick to absolve Dog of any accountability for his own actions. And I'm not just talking about saying "he shouldn't say that word." I'm talking about real accountability as in saying "Hey Dog, this is a mess YOU made and YOU have to fix it, not the corporate giant who we are trying to scapegoat on your behalf."

So if YUM had a deal in place to have product placement all throughout Dog's show (the bounty hunters eating Taco Bell and so forth) and it was leaked that the head of YUM was caught speaking ill of so called "cracker azz rednecks", would Dog continue supporting them? Would he move forward with the product placement at the risk of alienating every white person who watched his show and against his own principals? I highly doubt it. But somehow we expect YUM to be the sacrificial lamb and alienate their customer base? Good logic.

The irony in this is that you're calling for people to exercise their freedoms by not supporting YUM as a response to YUM exercising their freedom by not supporting Dog. The hypocrisy of it all. Doesn't matter. Because even if every Dog watcher boycotted, when YUM looks at the number of consumers they could potentially alienate by continuing to support Mr. "I love to drop N-bombs", the numbers aren't even close. Anyone who is surprised by YUM backing away from Dog isn't living in the real world and is in denial about Dog's own accountability in what is happening to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yum Brands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PETA Opposes Tribute to Fried Chicken (Feb '08) May '16 Patriot 115
News China seals McDonald's, KFC supplies after scandal (Jul '14) Sep '15 Yakult 3
News KFC, Yum! Dragged Down By Chinese Food Safety S... (Oct '14) Oct '14 sharakhul 1
News McDonald's, KFC operations in China affected by... (Jul '14) Jul '14 MatrixDecoder 3
News Yum Brands' profits, forecasts up (Oct '06) Sep '13 Ballz Ez-Hari 3
News Taco Bell drawn into meat scandal (Mar '13) Sep '13 Spirit67_ 47
Could YUMÂ’s International business help offset ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 boonboon 1
More from around the web