Ex-Sears CEO Aylwin Lewis fills top p...

Ex-Sears CEO Aylwin Lewis fills top post at Potbelly Sandwich W...

There are 8 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 20, 2008, titled Ex-Sears CEO Aylwin Lewis fills top post at Potbelly Sandwich W.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Potbelly Sandwich Works LLC founder Bryant Keil has stepped down as chief executive officer, ceding the top job at the privately owned Chicago-based restaurant chain to former Sears Holdings Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

George

Springfield, IL

#1 Jun 20, 2008
Man you know thingws in the econony are bad when you go from CEO at Sear to being a fast food employee....LOL
Greg

Pleasanton, CA

#2 Jun 20, 2008
George wrote:
Man you know thingws in the econony are bad when you go from CEO at Sear to being a fast food employee....LOL
It's fast food unless you want a milk shake during the lunch hour. Then you have to wait another 10 minutes.
Remy Martin

Worth, IL

#3 Jun 20, 2008
So the venture capitalists kick Bryant Keil to the curb and install Aylwin Lewis from Sears. I wonder if Aylwin will bring down Potbelly's as fast as he brought down Sears. The Potbelly VC crew has given him a headstart by their lowering of quality, smaller portions and higher prices. I will Potbelly was a public company so I could short the stock.
kdollarsign

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 21, 2008
this article sort of makes me yearn for the old days of journalism when reporters were allowed in some small part to editorialize. good information... what does it mean?
Sad state of affairs

Elgin, IL

#5 Jun 22, 2008
I give him 6 months. He needs to go back to being a Manaqer at a Jack in the Box in Texas again.
who cares

Orlando, FL

#6 Jul 22, 2008
Lewis has a wealth of industry experience from his days at Pizza Hut and Yum. He'll figure it out. He drives hard for results.
lots

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 22, 2008
Hope he does better than he did at Sears.
Slash

Denver, CO

#8 Aug 6, 2008
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fast food unless you want a milk shake during the lunch hour. Then you have to wait another 10 minutes.
Amen brother. This is a HUGE problem on the Drive through window.

Customer: Give me a 2 piece meal.
Me: Okay would you like the leg/thigh meal, or the brest/wing meal?
Customer: Give me the brest/wing meal, but I want only brests.
Me: Okay that'll be an extra 90 cent charge for replacing the wing for a brest.
Customer:.......
Me: Okay and that comes with mashed and gravy coleslaw, and a biscuit.
Customer: Why the extra charge on the brest?
Me: Because it's the largest and most expensive piece.
Customer: Okay, I think thats messed up but what ever. Let me get 4 medium chocolate shakes. 2 medium strawberry shakes, and an oreo fudge polar swirl.
Me: Okay.(trying to make all the shakes).
Customer: Oh and make 2 of those chocolate chakes large, and 1 of the strawberry shakes, small.
Me:*GRRRR*(throws out shakes that I was already making). Okay, what else for you?
Customer: Thats it.
Me: Okay your total is $$ at the window.
Customer:.....(drives up without a thank you).

Me:(trying to remake most of the shakes)
(Another customer drives up to the speaker)
Customer2: HELLO??? I'm ready!
Me: Hi there, I'll be with you in just a min.(trying to finish the shakes)
Customer2: Why do I have to wait?
Me: Because I'm making deserts for the people in front of you.
Customer2: Isn't some one helping you with that?
Me: Nah, the window person, being me, has to take orders, collect money, hand out change, hand out food, swipe credit cards that have no track (making me do it manually), deal with customers that want to add some thing on at the window, make deserts, and all at the same time, some one is at the speaker yelling "HELLO? HELLO? I'M READY"!
Customer2: Well okay...*Drives off*.(Impatient bastard).

Me: Get to the window to collect money, the first customer complains, "WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG"?!?!?
Me: Sorry, I had to make deserts for ya.
Customer: Isn't some one helping you?
Me:(Oh god here we go again).

*BEEEEEP* another customer comes to the speaker...
Me: God I hate my job, if these corporate fat cats would get off their lavish life style asses and use some of those financial gains they got last year, we could HAVE that extra person to help me on the window to make those time consuming deserts. GRRRRR!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yum Brands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PETA Opposes Tribute to Fried Chicken (Feb '08) May '16 Patriot 115
News China seals McDonald's, KFC supplies after scandal (Jul '14) Sep '15 Yakult 3
News KFC, Yum! Dragged Down By Chinese Food Safety S... (Oct '14) Oct '14 sharakhul 1
News McDonald's, KFC operations in China affected by... (Jul '14) Jul '14 MatrixDecoder 3
News Yum Brands' profits, forecasts up (Oct '06) Sep '13 Ballz Ez-Hari 3
News Taco Bell drawn into meat scandal (Mar '13) Sep '13 Spirit67_ 47
Could YUM’s International business help offset ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 boonboon 1
More from around the web