China Consumer & Retail Watch: Yum to...

China Consumer & Retail Watch: Yum to Open 8 KFC Stores and 1 Pizza Hut Store in Taiyuan

There are 52 comments on the www.thechinaperspective.com story from Sep 5, 2011, titled China Consumer & Retail Watch: Yum to Open 8 KFC Stores and 1 Pizza Hut Store in Taiyuan. In it, www.thechinaperspective.com reports that:

September 5 Yum! Brands Inc said it plans to open eight KFC restaurants and one Pizza Hut restaurant in Shanxi provincial capital Taiyuan in 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.thechinaperspective.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pug

La Grange, IL

#1 Sep 5, 2011
Corporate America rides high
Engrish Teacher

United States

#2 Sep 5, 2011
Pug wrote:
Corporate America rides high
Never know that can be the same fake Apple stores
Pug

La Grange, IL

#3 Sep 5, 2011
Engrish Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Never know that can be the same fake Apple stores
How true, LOL.
Engrish Teacher

United States

#5 Sep 5, 2011
Pug wrote:
<quoted text>
How true, LOL.
Made in China

LOL

“I'm From the USA, 5 Years Here”

Since: May 10

Haungshi, China

#6 Sep 5, 2011
BFD, I live in a small city in China and there are 4 KFC's within walking distance of each other, not to mention the other ones scattered around the city.

At least we, the USA knows how to export one of our greatest commodities to China, fat.

Since: Jun 10

Guangzhou, China

#7 Sep 5, 2011
This is news? Theses restaurants are withing 200 yards of the next in most cities in China.
Pug

La Grange, IL

#8 Sep 5, 2011
Jim Em wrote:
BFD, I live in a small city in China and there are 4 KFC's within walking distance of each other, not to mention the other ones scattered around the city.
At least we, the USA knows how to export one of our greatest commodities to China, fat.
Are the KFC's open or closed? Do they have customers?

“I'm From the USA, 5 Years Here”

Since: May 10

Haungshi, China

#9 Sep 5, 2011
Pug wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the KFC's open or closed? Do they have customers?
The are always full of paying customers.

If they were closed of have lack of customers, would KFC be investing in China?
Sometimes I really think you lack common sense or something has gotten in the way of that, like nationalistic pride, or something along those lines.
Pug

La Grange, IL

#10 Sep 5, 2011
Jim Em wrote:
<quoted text>
The are always full of paying customers.
If they were closed of have lack of customers, would KFC be investing in China?
Sometimes I really think you lack common sense or something has gotten in the way of that, like nationalistic pride, or something along those lines.
So, they are full of customers, right? Are the customers all (majority) tourists or are they citizens?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Sep 5, 2011
China's Rise (in Weight)
Pug

La Grange, IL

#12 Sep 5, 2011
Jim Em wrote:
<quoted text>
The are always full of paying customers.
If they were closed of have lack of customers, would KFC be investing in China?
Sometimes I really think you lack common sense or something has gotten in the way of that, like nationalistic pride, or something along those lines.
You seem to have lots of nationalistic pride for China, right?
Pug

La Grange, IL

#13 Sep 5, 2011
Jim Em wrote:
BFD, I live in a small city in China and there are 4 KFC's within walking distance of each other, not to mention the other ones scattered around the city.
At least we, the USA knows how to export one of our greatest commodities to China, fat.
The Chinese appear to be enjoying this fat, and chicken from KFC. Based upo your assesment of the situation, right?
RACISTS SUCK

New York, NY

#14 Sep 5, 2011
Seems all the pretenses are dropped and the true racism comes forth. Not one derogatory post above made mention of the "CCP". It was all China this and Chinese that. It's the usual racists involved minus Jim of course.

The truth comes out.

A-HHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA!
Pug

La Grange, IL

#15 Sep 5, 2011
RACISTS SUCK wrote:
Seems all the pretenses are dropped and the true racism comes forth. Not one derogatory post above made mention of the "CCP". It was all China this and Chinese that. It's the usual racists involved minus Jim of course.
The truth comes out.
A-HHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA!
Just responding to Jim Em's questions. How is that racist? Suggest that you loosen your tin foil hat.
UH OH

New York, NY

#16 Sep 5, 2011
Ever notice how racists get all defensive? That's a dead giveaway. DING DING DING
Pug

La Grange, IL

#17 Sep 5, 2011
UH OH wrote:
Ever notice how racists get all defensive? That's a dead giveaway. DING DING DING
LOL, you really funny. Maybe tryout for standup comedy show.
Squatting Chinaman

Bullard, TX

#18 Sep 5, 2011
Jim Em wrote:
<quoted text>
The are always full of paying customers.
If they were closed of have lack of customers, would KFC be investing in China?
Sometimes I really think you lack common sense or something has gotten in the way of that, like nationalistic pride, or something along those lines.
Mommy's Balloons

Little Johnny is taking a shower with his mother and says, "Mom, what are those things on your chest!?" Unsure of how to reply, she tells Johnny to ask his dad at breakfast tomorrow, quite certain the matter would be forgotten.

Johnny didn't forget. The following morning he asked his father the same question. His father, always quick with the answers, says, "Why Johnny, those are balloons. When your mommy dies, we can blow them up and she'll float to heaven." Johnny thinks that's neat and asks no more questions.

A few weeks later, Johnnys' dad comes home from work a few hours early. Johnny runs out of the house crying hysterically, "Daddy! Daddy! Mommy's dying!!" His father says, "Calm down son! Why do you think Mommy's dying?" "Uncle Harry is blowing up Mommys' balloons and she's screaming, "Oh God, I'm coming!"
Uh OH

New York, NY

#19 Sep 5, 2011
Pug wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you really funny. Maybe tryout for standup comedy show.
"you really funny" Where's the predicate?

You need to bone up on your English, my fobby friend.
Engrish Teacher

United States

#20 Sep 5, 2011
Pug wrote:
<quoted text>
So, they are full of customers, right? Are the customers all (majority) tourists or are they citizens?
They all are Chinese peasants work for month enough to pay for a 3pc meal. Tourist is only Jim Em in town.
Pug

La Grange, IL

#21 Sep 5, 2011
Uh OH wrote:
<quoted text>
"you really funny" Where's the predicate?
You need to bone up on your English, my fobby friend.
You ready for hecklers, need to be a comic you funny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yum Brands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PETA Opposes Tribute to Fried Chicken (Feb '08) May '16 Patriot 115
News China seals McDonald's, KFC supplies after scandal (Jul '14) Sep '15 Yakult 3
News KFC, Yum! Dragged Down By Chinese Food Safety S... (Oct '14) Oct '14 sharakhul 1
News McDonald's, KFC operations in China affected by... (Jul '14) Jul '14 MatrixDecoder 3
News Yum Brands' profits, forecasts up (Oct '06) Sep '13 Ballz Ez-Hari 3
News Taco Bell drawn into meat scandal (Mar '13) Sep '13 Spirit67_ 47
Could YUMÂ’s International business help offset ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 boonboon 1
More from around the web