Simi Valley teen's call for Girl Scout cookie boycott sparks backlash

Jan 13, 2012 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.vcstar.com

A Simi Valley teen's online plea for a boycott of Girl Scout cookies has ignited a national controversy. The 14-year-old girl, who identifies herself only as "Taylor of Ventura County," made an 8-minute online video urging people to boycott Girl Scout cookies to protest a Colorado troop's willingness to admit a transgender Girl Scout.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of572
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tucksun Jack

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

She's a disgusting human being for someone at such a young age. I have always gone out of my way the past 2 decades to SUPPORT the GSA.

Because of this dope, I will now buy TRIPLE the amount of Girl Scout Cookies this year (although I always have a lingering doubt and still wonder if they are REALLY made out of real Girl Scouts).

Since: Nov 09

Columbus OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

I have always supported the Girl Scouts because they are inclusive. There has never been a problem with Lesbian leaders or participants. That is more than I can say for the Boy Scouts. That organization has a major problem with Gay Male leaders and participants. I hope this video gives the opposite effect than what was intended. Buy Cookies!! Support the Girl Scouts!!
Tucksun Jack

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

nealcmh wrote:
I have always supported the Girl Scouts because they are inclusive. There has never been a problem with Lesbian leaders or participants. That is more than I can say for the Boy Scouts. That organization has a major problem with Gay Male leaders and participants. I hope this video gives the opposite effect than what was intended. Buy Cookies!! Support the Girl Scouts!!
I agree.

I WAS a Cub Scout AND a Boy Scout when I was young, and I have boycotted the BSA for decades BECAUSE of their homophobia.

“IMHO....”

Since: Jan 08

Here and there

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

Simi Valley, of course.

The GSA has always been supportive, the BSA have always been bigots.

I'm definitely going out of my way to buy more GS cookies this year.

Mean people breed little mean people. You don't think she dreamed this up on her own, do you?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

time to bye lots of cookies
Tucksun Jack

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

Houyhnhnm wrote:
Simi Valley, of course.
The GSA has always been supportive, the BSA have always been bigots.
I'm definitely going out of my way to buy more GS cookies this year.
Mean people breed little mean people. You don't think she dreamed this up on her own, do you?
Yes, sometimes they do. I have occasionally met kids that are the total opposite of their parents in matters like this.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

I have Girl Scout cookies if ya want to buy some.......when they go on sale!!!

“IMHO....”

Since: Jan 08

Here and there

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

Perhaps not parents, but Taylor displays her gory crucifix necklace prominently in the video - she should join the BSA religion.

One way or another (parents, teachers, clergy, etc.), adults figure prominently into such early forays into bigotry, or perhaps worse, do nothing to educate their children to the contrary. Either way, it just isn't spontaneous.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

Lilith_SatansWhore wrote:
time to bye lots of cookies
I would, but they are not very good cookies.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
They have gotten better and have removed the msg's.......and this year there is a new cookie out that is like a lemon cooler.
Tucksun Jack

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

I've always loved their cookies.

:)

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

And the girl HASN'T even joined a troop yet......this person DOES NOT REPRESENT GIRL SCOUTS and probably should leave the organization if it offends her so much!!!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

Tucksun Jack wrote:
I've always loved their cookies.
:)
Oh, Frank, Frank, Frank, Frank, Frank. I see you are using a new identity this new year. Will your deceptions NEVER end?

Please don't insult our intelligence and deny it. Anyone who rants and raves about Catholics and makes boring idiotic jokes can only be one of our old horrible pals..Frank..or Fred...or whatever the voices in your head tell you to do today.
Santorum s Adult Diapers

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Frank, Frank, Frank, Frank, Frank. I see you are using a new identity this new year. Will your deceptions NEVER end?
Please don't insult our intelligence and deny it. Anyone who rants and raves about Catholics and makes boring idiotic jokes can only be one of our old horrible pals..Frank..or Fred...or whatever the voices in your head tell you to do today.
Too bad you're not smart enough to leave that thing alone.

Your post adds nothing. It will only result in more crap. The thing in question has made no attempt to hide its identity with the new moniker, anyway.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

Santorum s Adult Diapers wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post adds nothing. It will only result in more crap. The thing in question has made no attempt to hide its identity with the new moniker, anyway.
Yes, SIR! I'm glad you are the newly appointed monitor of behavior on Topix. I need to be told how to act, and you are doing a swell job at it.

“Stop the liberal madness”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Judged:

Santorum s Adult Diapers wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Curteese are having a freak cat fight lol how cute.

I do so enjoy watching how in time the confused leper colony turns on itself.

I will sleep well now after seeing libs turn on libs.

“Stop the liberal madness”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, SIR! I'm glad you are the newly appointed monitor of behavior on Topix. I need to be told how to act, and you are doing a swell job at it.
I concur.
You do need to be told how to act as does the rest of your fallen and lost ilk but not by equally lost libs but by real patriots.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I will both be octippling our orders.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Curteese are having a freak cat fight lol how cute.
I do so enjoy watching how in time the confused leper colony turns on itself.
I will sleep well now after seeing libs turn on libs.
If I ever find you sleeping in some alley or park, next to your shopping cart full of useless crap, I will repeat the photo of the Marines pissing on the dead bodies. Of course, it will be the cleanest you've been in months. I'm done with you, bitch. I have asked you some reasonable questions, trying to be respectful, but you come back like a mean 3rd grader. If you want to be down and dirty..well, suck it, bitch.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur.
You do need to be told how to act as does the rest of your fallen and lost ilk but not by equally lost libs but by real patriots.
Ooh, you "concur", my ain't we gettin' FANCY all of a sudden! La di DAH!

You sound like one o' them East Coast Ivy League LIBERALS now, bitch. Don't let Sarah hear you a usin' them big words! She hates you edgycated types.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of572
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••