Yahoo! Disses Memorial Day Again

Yahoo! Disses Memorial Day Again

Posted in the Yahoo! Forum

Shame on U

Benicia, CA

#1 May 30, 2011
Why does Yahoo! do animations on their home page for every single holiday or special day, but NEVER Memorial Day or Veteran's Day? I can't be the only one who finds this a blatant sign of disrespect. Especially when Yahoo! puts up banners and animations for Earth Day, Cinco de Mayo, you name it - they do something special for it! But never for our military people, why????? All of the other web sites, Bing, MSN, Google (albeit very tiny), give some recognition to the day that we all know as Memorial Day. I find it odd that Yahoo! gives recognition to holidays of other countries, but not for the most important ones of our country, which by the way, if not for those people we recognize on Memorial Day, Yahoo! wouldn't be able to function as it does in a FREE country. I hope they'll change whatever reasoning it is they cling to and at some point, join the rest of America in the recognition of our men and women in the military, and especially those who lost their lives fighting for our freedom that Yahoo! so 'richly' enjoys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yahoo! Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trouble Oct 4 poorgirl 1
How to reset my yahoo password? Sep '17 SamParker 2
Yahoo email Sep '17 tyron 2
Which Gateway is Best Sep '17 Aaaaaaaaaa123 1
Old Yahoo Pool (Apr '14) Aug '17 salsgreat 7
Yahoo no free speech Jul '17 seenitcoming 1
News EBay Launches Free Classified Ads Site 'Kijiji' (Jul '07) Jul '17 Michael 181
More from around the web