List Of Highest-Paid CEOs In 2007

List Of Highest-Paid CEOs In 2007

There are 11 comments on the NBC 6 South Florida story from Jun 16, 2008, titled List Of Highest-Paid CEOs In 2007. In it, NBC 6 South Florida reports that:

The list of the 10 highest-paid CEOs for 2007 at Standard & Poor's 500 companies is based on calculations by The Associated Press .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 6 South Florida.

Linda

Hollywood, FL

#1 Jun 16, 2008
This is a disgrace....very shameful....no wonder the economy is in a mess...the scale is NOT BALANCED..too many people are struggling today.

If God bless these CEO's then they have a responsibility to "bless" others [their workers]...it's a beautiful lesson.
Philosopher12

Northampton, PA

#2 Jun 16, 2008
The minimum wage is $6.00 an hour ? and gasoline is over $4.00 a gallon here in America, people are getting robbed. A country such as Africa rich in natural resourses, there the people are starving from the lack of basic needs for survival. Many thirds world countries, the minimum wage is 15 cents an hour.
I have no words to express my feelings....
Whoopie Doo

East Hartford, CT

#3 Jun 16, 2008
Here is to the land of opportunity! Especially for those that had the opportunity to be part of some elite Yale underground society that graduate with a C average.
What about those CEO who live off Government Contracts!
Seriously

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jun 16, 2008
Ok - this is the career path that these people chose and they did very well for themselves. Good for them. Hopefully they give back to the workers and society. I don't think the workers at the companies listed are too bad off unless you are in a retail store as a clerk for GAP.

Just because these people are CEO's makes them the bad guys? No one comments on the obsence amount of money that celbrities or professional sports figures receive. At least these people are influencing the economy by running their businesses well...
AW R

Warrenville, IL

#5 Jun 16, 2008
What a joke. What makes one man from a company worth that much money? What do they really do fro the company? Whoo Hoo they cut cost by sending american jobs overseas and paying cheaper labor cost. Then what people are left working for the company have to try a communicate with people that can barely speak or understand english while the CEO's are traveling lavishly on company money. What a racket. When can we start outsourcing the CEO's and start putting back in the company and help cut insurance cost for the employees and bring back profit sharing? Hey what a concept. Wake up America (thats a line from Earl Pitts if anyone knows who he is. LOL). OUTSOURCE you CEO cut them back for a change maybe we can get on that will take 6.00 an hour in India.
SWFLResident

Lehigh Acres, FL

#6 Jun 16, 2008
Anyone making large amounts of money must be evil, right?

Anyone making a large income must have not deserve it, right?

Who ever makes too much money must have taken it from the poor starving people of Africa and should give it all back, right?

No company should pay anybody more than whatever lousy pittance you make because it's unfair that anyone else makes more than you, right?

You shouldn't do anything to improve your own situation instead of worrying about whatever anyone else makes right?

We should take money from those who work for it and give it to those who don't, right?
AW R

Warrenville, IL

#7 Jun 17, 2008
SWFLResident wrote:
Anyone making large amounts of money must be evil, right?
Anyone making a large income must have not deserve it, right?
Who ever makes too much money must have taken it from the poor starving people of Africa and should give it all back, right?
No company should pay anybody more than whatever lousy pittance you make because it's unfair that anyone else makes more than you, right?
You shouldn't do anything to improve your own situation instead of worrying about whatever anyone else makes right?
We should take money from those who work for it and give it to those who don't, right?
Making 83MM in one year is a bit excessive don't you think? Everybody wants to make money but come on. It's hard to swallow when allot of companies make all these cut backs and layoffs and outsource for cheaper labor but one guy makes 83MM. Once again what makes him or her that special. Most CEO's these days are there for 5 years and then are terminated with a great package for basically doing nothing. Stocks are dropping for companies and CEO's get rewarded. Why? Look at the guy for Home Depot his package was 240MM. I agree everybody should have to work for his or her money and not expect a free ride. You reap what you sow. Does a CEO fill an 80M-seat stadium at the rate of 100.00 dollars a ticket to talk about his business plan? Give an example of one great American CEO that made a big impact on a company without outsourcing labor to other countries? They say American labor is to high well so are the CEOís salaries. I guess the American CEO just canít make it on a mere 1 to 5 million-dollar salary. Life must be real rough.
Tiff

Denton, TX

#8 Jun 17, 2008
Actually I'd much rather see these guys who actually work and use their brain to have a great company get all the money than the sports teams. Tony Romo, so much money for what? He throws around a football. No brain work, no intelligence being used, nothing, just a friggin game that apparently alot of people like.(I'm not btw saying Tony doesn't have a brain or a degree). I think it's ridiculous they get paid so much. CEO's at least have a degree.
Linda

Hurst, TX

#9 Jun 17, 2008
And we wonder why our country is in such dire financial straits! There is no way any CEO should make even one million a year much less these absurd amounts. Look at the people in our country alone who are starving and in need of help and we have these greedy bas----- getting richer and richer. It is as disgusting as sexual predators and murderers.
Dayna

Rockwall, TX

#10 Jun 17, 2008
Funny how Merrill Lynch is showing their CEO being the highest paid. Last year there was a article on MSN about their 3rd quater losses and took a 7.3 billion dollar write off. Exactly what was it that there were doing so right to get such a salary?
I agree why should we pay our sport sigures and celebrities such unbelievable salaries? For me I would much rather pay a teacher, child care provider, our military and law inforcement an obsene amount of money for the work they do. They are caring for our most valuable things while we are away. They are the keepers of our country and they are the ones we call on when we have an emergency. I think our priorities are totally out of whack. Whoopie Brad Pitt and Angelina may look great on the big screen but come on do these people really earn their salaries, I think not.
Trish

Spring, TX

#11 Jul 19, 2008
I believe in geting what you deserve when it comes to money. If you worked hard and go through school or just overcome obstacles to have a better life then you should get what you were after but I do feel there is a time to remember where you were once and understand that if you have all the money then what do every body else have. I guess I'm saying I would not want so much money where it took away from others having jobs or fufilling there dreams. You don't need that much money where it causes a person to loose there jobs, food and shelter at least think of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

XTO Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Industry Touts Major Mancos Shale Play: Estimat... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John Ford 1
News Bob Simpson buying Fort Worth Public Market Bui... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Dwight Baker 1
News Exxon CEO: Power generation is best hope for na... (May '12) Jun '12 Northie 11
News Alaska: 6,300 Gallon Spill at XTO Nikiski Facility (Jan '12) Jan '12 Dwight Baker 1
News Four Corners gets hub connection (Mar '11) Mar '11 Skyking 15
News XTO Energy well is tops in county [11:20 a.m.] (Feb '11) Feb '11 SamIAm 2
News Pa. investigating spill at natural gas well site (Nov '10) Feb '11 penn native 2
More from around the web