Somewhat sheepishly, Exxon makes $11 ...

Somewhat sheepishly, Exxon makes $11 billion

There are 12 comments on the The Brainerd Daily Dispatch story from Apr 28, 2011, titled Somewhat sheepishly, Exxon makes $11 billion. In it, The Brainerd Daily Dispatch reports that:

Exxon made almost $11 billion and practically apologized for it. Sensing public outrage over gasoline prices that have topped $4 in some states, the company struck a defensive posture Thursday after posting some of its best quarterly financial results ever.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brainerd Daily Dispatch.

iballl itching

Scottsdale, AZ

#1 Apr 28, 2011
dat all! if $7.00 gallon wil +22Bill! ;-0000
LOL

Bradenton, FL

#4 Apr 29, 2011
YAAAAAYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!

obama.......

$11 billion PROFIT for Exxon in just 3 months.

Hope & change.........redistribution of wealth.....

it should be clear to everyone now what obama meant when he was BSing for votes.....
Bringmedinner

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Apr 29, 2011
It's all due to percentages and as any good investor realizes, percentages are how to become successful and realize the American Dream. Only ignorant thieving Communists would make an issue of percentages when profit is high and not mention them when profit is low, or non-existent.
ICU

United States

#7 Apr 29, 2011
Good! Now they will be raising my dividend check! Eat %^)( liberals

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#8 Apr 29, 2011
And yet the GOPasaurs want to give them MORE tax breaks!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#9 Apr 29, 2011
Exxon also paid 8 billion in Taxes or 42% if its income. So what percentage of its income should have it paid in taxes?
http://www.benzinga.com/11/04/1042628/qi-exxo...
Might Add this conservative does ride a bike to work and have my kids walk to school weather permitting but unlike, liberals I consider those PERSONAL CHOICES and feel no need to force other to do so.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#10 Apr 29, 2011
As a proud XOM shareholder I'd like to commend management on an excellent period of earnings. Please keep those dividends coming, as liberal loons in NY are raising my taxes all the time. I'd also like to thank clinton who let Exxon merge with Mobil, and the enviro terrorists that make it impossible to start a new energy company in America, further ensuring our monopoly.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#11 Apr 29, 2011
californio wrote:
Exxon also paid 8 billion in Taxes or 42% if its income. So what percentage of its income should have it paid in taxes?
http://www.benzinga.com/11/04/1042628/qi-exxo...
Might Add this conservative does ride a bike to work and have my kids walk to school weather permitting but unlike, liberals I consider those PERSONAL CHOICES and feel no need to force other to do so.
It's not the liberals who will be forcing people to walk or ride a bike, but rather your pals at Exxon. With gas headed to $5 or $6 a gallon, they should make $20 billion in profits next quarter.
Dutchess

Clovis, NM

#12 Apr 29, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the liberals who will be forcing people to walk or ride a bike, but rather your pals at Exxon. With gas headed to $5 or $6 a gallon, they should make $20 billion in profits next quarter.
I think our president is stupid, as Donald Trump said. We need to start talking about drilling for oil here in our country, just the very thought of it would start pushing gas prices down. Our leaders want the foreign countries to do well, our country can go to H__ L. they don't care about what we think. We are going to show them again in 2012, they work for us. I thought after the election in nov. 2010, things would change, nope didn't help.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13 Apr 30, 2011
Dutchess wrote:
<quoted text>I think our president is stupid, as Donald Trump said. We need to start talking about drilling for oil here in our country, just the very thought of it would start pushing gas prices down. Our leaders want the foreign countries to do well, our country can go to H__ L. they don't care about what we think. We are going to show them again in 2012, they work for us. I thought after the election in nov. 2010, things would change, nope didn't help.
Drilling here would do almost NOTHING to affect gas prices here since oil is sold on the world market, not kept here just for our use.

Need proof?

Canada produces domestically ALL their oil AND export 6 million barrels per day, yet the price of their gas (adjusted for taxation) is only $0.25 cents per gallon less than ours.

If domestic production was the magic bullet, shouldn't Canada have $1 gallon gas instead of their current $5/gal??

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#14 Apr 30, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the liberals who will be forcing people to walk or ride a bike, but rather your pals at Exxon. With gas headed to $5 or $6 a gallon, they should make $20 billion in profits next quarter.
and if they continue to pay 42% of their income in taxes that should make you liberals happy. Think of all those social programs you can buy with those extra taxes.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 May 1, 2011
californio wrote:
<quoted text>
and if they continue to pay 42% of their income in taxes that should make you liberals happy. Think of all those social programs you can buy with those extra taxes.
And if we got rid of the $4 BILLION in tax breaks the oil companies get we'd have even more money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exxon Mobil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Just Fired Every Senior Manager at the St... Mar '17 Aponi 21
News Oil business seen in strong position as Trump t... (Jan '17) Mar '17 inbred Genius 20
News How the U.S. can take control in the South Chin... Feb '17 USA Today 1
News Think global warming's a fraud? These scientist... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Most Scientists R... 4
News The Latest: Senate to hold hearing on election ... (Dec '16) Jan '17 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 40
News UPDATE 1-U.S. Democrats, citing Russia, Exxon, ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 The Real Donald T... 1
News Four Cabinet nominations that could blow up in ... (Dec '16) Dec '16 USA Today 1
More from around the web