Exxon Promotes Canadian Tar Sands: 'G...

Exxon Promotes Canadian Tar Sands: 'Good For Our...

There are 3 comments on the Think Progress story from Aug 13, 2011, titled Exxon Promotes Canadian Tar Sands: 'Good For Our.... In it, Think Progress reports that:

In a new television advertisement, oil giant Exxon Mobil promotes Canadian tar sands for "energy security and economic growth," with the potential to create "hundreds of thousands of jobs." The narrator, Exxon marketing manager Artis Brown, claims Exxon's Kearl tar sands project will produce crude "with the same emissions as many other oils": ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Think Progress.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#1 Aug 13, 2011
This is weird, after much sweat, toil, death and pain, oil and other fossil fuels brought western civilisation to where it is today, but suddenly, a minority thinks it's evil.
Why don't those who're against it simply reject it, and live without it, instead of expecting an overnight replacement that doesn't interfere with their little lives, tied to it like a foetus to an umbilical cord as they are?
Alan

Mesa, AZ

#2 Mar 18, 2012
Western Civilization has its roots in the Renaissance which came out of the rebirth of trade resulting from contact with Islamic civilization. Oil and coal came much later and will do far more to contribute to the downfall of civilization. The abject ignorant refusal to adapt to a post fossil fuel world is putting omes head in the sand. Other societies will surpass us as things change. That has always happemed which is why all the other civilizationsmdeclined

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#3 Mar 19, 2012
Alan wrote:
The abject ignorant refusal to adapt to a post fossil fuel world is putting omes head in the sand.
I don't care about omes head.
Alan wrote:
That has always happemed which is why all the other civilizationsmdeclined
That m is a pain, isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exxon Mobil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... May 28 Joe Fortuna 1,054
News Climate Collusion? AGs accused of working with ... Apr '16 goonsquad 12
News Chart of the Day: Here's How Expensive It Is To... Feb '16 Earthling-1 5
News Stocks tumble as the Dow drops 250 after oil fa... Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Jan '16 Human 84
News Exxon Predicted Today's Cheap Solar Boom Back i... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Solarman 1
News Hillary Clinton Endorses Federal Investigation ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Bama Yankee 4
More from around the web