Is it time for Rolf to step down as p...

Is it time for Rolf to step down as president of 1005?

Created by i love rolf on May 2, 2011

654 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike2

Ancaster, Canada

#1 May 2, 2011
No Rolf won't step down because a Majority of us want him there and he is doing a fantasic job
tommy boy

Brantford, Canada

#2 May 3, 2011
rolf should step down he has no plan his may day was a bust no media coverage .the government will not force us back rolf is now complianing about the tcc workers being forced back on his latest update and he wants the government to force us back make up your mind rolf.
king rolf

Brantford, Canada

#3 May 3, 2011
rolf should step down he has made a mess of everything us steel will get what they want when the vote happens and it will rolf will blame the active workers saying it was not me it was the workers rolf will have the active members out for years he has lost the support of active members.the bus had more retired workers then active and there was only about 125 out of 9000way to go great turn out lolrolf now sees the active members do not support him cannot wait to see what he is going to protest next
bin laden

Port Dover, Canada

#4 May 3, 2011
When do I get my 12 virgin mermaids?
Old Guy

Stoney Creek, Canada

#5 May 5, 2011
only votes at Membership Meetings count
steeltown

Canada

#6 May 5, 2011
sorry Rolf we need a new view on things
Mike2

Ancaster, Canada

#7 May 5, 2011
steeltown wrote:
sorry Rolf we need a new view on things
....come down to the Union Hall this Afternoon at 3:30 to the Weekly Meeting and express your views,He's there to listen!
i love rolf

Hamilton, Canada

#8 May 5, 2011
Mike2 wrote:
<quoted text>....come down to the Union Hall this Afternoon at 3:30 to the Weekly Meeting and express your views,He's there to listen!
I've explained before - I am working fulltime - a lot of us are working so if you expect me to take time off without pay to come listen to 25 of you you've got to be joking.

Part of me wants this to end - give us some closure - but then I still want my picket duty pay since I doubt I'll see a penny in a severance pkg. And we know what will happen with our pensions! They are only guaranteed for 1K a month by the government.
Mike2

Ancaster, Canada

#9 May 5, 2011
i love rolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I've explained before - I am working fulltime - a lot of us are working so if you expect me to take time off without pay to come listen to 25 of you you've got to be joking.
Part of me wants this to end - give us some closure - but then I still want my picket duty pay since I doubt I'll see a penny in a severance pkg. And we know what will happen with our pensions! They are only guaranteed for 1K a month by the government.
...then come to the Union Meeting May18 in the evening...you should be off then...you have to put your say in there then if you want some input!!
tommyboy

Brantford, Canada

#10 May 9, 2011
lets get the show on the road the18th
steeltown

Grimsby, Canada

#11 May 12, 2011
95% said yes lol
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#12 May 12, 2011
I will not let the 95% shaft the 5%.......
i love rolf

Hamilton, Canada

#13 May 15, 2011
the liberal party has more support than rolf at the moment.
stryker

Hamilton, Canada

#14 May 16, 2011
Rolph's doing the best he can, for all involved.Watch the posts from Brantford for he's a Troll as was Tommy D.
Stalin

Simcoe, Canada

#15 May 17, 2011
Members may disagree with Rolf's opinions and politics,but using him for a scapegoat won't get your jobs back any sooner.Most of your problems are south of the border.
steeltown

Grimsby, Canada

#16 May 17, 2011
clem wrote:
I will not let the 95% shaft the 5%.......
to bad you know what they said 900 cant shaft 9000 but 9000 can shaft 900
so 95% CAN shaft 5% its the rule rolf said it himself.
king rolf

Brantford, Canada

#17 May 18, 2011
steeltown wrote:
<quoted text>
to bad you know what they said 900 cant shaft 9000 but 9000 can shaft 900
so 95% CAN shaft 5% its the rule rolf said it himself.
Rolfs maths now i see why members are in trouble.
Kitch

Port Dover, Canada

#18 May 18, 2011
If you support the last offer, show up wearing blue. Pass it along!
Kitch

Port Dover, Canada

#19 May 18, 2011
This whole thing seems to be personal for Rolph. Perhaps it's knowing that he will not have his pension indexed by US Steel when HE retires. Simply knowing that he would have allowed this to happen to him is what is most likely unbearable.Is Rolph really fighting for Rolph? I bet the union would give in on the pension for new hires in a second if US Steel offered to index the pensions. For all that is said of the new hire pension I really don't think it matters to the union( and the indexing doesn't matter to most of the employees.....except those ready to retire( who are the loudest and most abnoxious)
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#20 May 18, 2011
Kitch wrote:
This whole thing seems to be personal for Rolph. Perhaps it's knowing that he will not have his pension indexed by US Steel when HE retires. Simply knowing that he would have allowed this to happen to him is what is most likely unbearable.Is Rolph really fighting for Rolph? I bet the union would give in on the pension for new hires in a second if US Steel offered to index the pensions. For all that is said of the new hire pension I really don't think it matters to the union( and the indexing doesn't matter to most of the employees.....except those ready to retire( who are the loudest and most abnoxious)
What is so wrong with pension bonuses that the lake got. July 31 we will get approx 900 dollar bonus and July 31 2012 approx 1200 dollars. Iknow after that the lake will have to fight for more bonuses after July 31 2012 but 1005 can go for bonuses also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada (Jul '09) 12 hr Screwed 23,544
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) 23 hr MiniMiner 101
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Apr 5 Reporter 15,903
Poll Is Graham Carroll a rat? (Aug '13) Feb '16 Siles 58
New Steelworker (Jan '12) Jan '16 USA 90
Poll What will happen to L.E.W. after Dec 11? (Oct '15) Dec '15 Walmart Cashier 14
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone wit... (May '13) Dec '15 TerryLuu 50
More from around the web