Coker

Hamilton, Canada

#13882 Jul 9, 2013
Graham Carroll wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the update. Any idea what happened?
Broken ribs hurt like a bugger!!!!
Graham
Aspiration arm failed. If you as the Larry car operator or lid man don't take action to manually pin the aspiration when the hydraulic arm fails, you will be in a deep investigation as to why the Larry car burnt up in flames.
But go inning in and doing it buy hand under the Larry car is extremely dangerous and not procedure. BUT is done all the time for years now. Just a matter of time till someone gets caught in between the machine and stand pipe.
Unfortunately this guy will be in even more trouble for saving the machine it's just that he got hurt doing it!
The US Steel double edge sword!
We've been complaining about the maintenance of these things for years.

Since: May 13

Hamilton, Canada

#13883 Jul 9, 2013
Coker wrote:
<quoted text>
Aspiration arm failed. If you as the Larry car operator or lid man don't take action to manually pin the aspiration when the hydraulic arm fails, you will be in a deep investigation as to why the Larry car burnt up in flames.
But go inning in and doing it buy hand under the Larry car is extremely dangerous and not procedure. BUT is done all the time for years now. Just a matter of time till someone gets caught in between the machine and stand pipe.
Unfortunately this guy will be in even more trouble for saving the machine it's just that he got hurt doing it!
The US Steel double edge sword!
We've been complaining about the maintenance of these things for years.
Thanks for the information, I hope he recovers and he manages to escape the wrath for his actions.

Graham
1005 proud

Hamilton, Canada

#13884 Jul 14, 2013
8782 Picketer Sr wrote:
<quoted text>..........Yeah whatever fu@k
head.As soon as US Steel offers those scabs a concession ladded contract those boys will sign it before the ink dry,s.Those boys dod,nt want to end up like those idiots at the Lake were they are losing their houses,cars,wives leaving them and being laughed at and shunned in the community for being so stupid,arrogant and greedy for not taking US Steels contract in August..........Next question please
and the drivel comes from the Pig Farmers mouth, oh my bad as you may be a chicken or cow farmer.
Revenge in society

Hamilton, Canada

#13885 Jul 14, 2013
1005 proud wrote:
<quoted text>and the drivel comes from the Pig Farmers mouth, oh my bad as you may be a chicken or cow farmer.
Actually more than Hal of LEW commutes from the Hamilton are. And another good percentage that ended up moving there families from the Hammer to Norfolk.
Not a hole lot born an raised out there.
Just the smart hamiltonians that went to LEW
picket boss

Delhi, Canada

#13886 Jul 17, 2013
yesss no sleeping tonight boys!
if we hold up trucks , we will learn uss a lesson!
lakeboy

Windsor, Canada

#13887 Jul 22, 2013
http://www.norfolktoday.ca/default.asp...
july 31 2013 vote day for 8782 found this news but no other place hmmmmmmmm us steel canada nanticoke
lakeboy

Windsor, Canada

#13888 Jul 22, 2013
lake erie steel canada vote date why doesnt union have this on there web page . hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm already lost 20000 and last time much much more 2009 lockout and retires lost out. good deal not, remember us steel is big they dont need us. whats the 83 percent of production guys going to do .get a 12 to 14 dollar per hour job if there lucky

http://www.norfolktoday.ca/default.asp ...
july 31 2013 vote day for 8782 found this news but no other place hmmmmmmmm us steel canada nanticoke

Hamilton, Canada

#13889 Jul 22, 2013
lakeboy wrote:
lake erie steel canada vote date why doesnt union have this on there web page . hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm already lost 20000 and last time much much more 2009 lockout and retires lost out. good deal not, remember us steel is big they dont need us. whats the 83 percent of production guys going to do .get a 12 to 14 dollar per hour job if there lucky
Why would the Union have it on their website when it is the MOL and USSC's job to announce the date and place of the supervised ballot?

P.S., hard to believe but the company hasn't told the Union the date yet.

Graham

Hamilton, Canada

#13890 Jul 22, 2013
lakeboy wrote:
Not even on http://www.ourcommunityourfuture.com/

Graham
hamilton coker

Guelph, Canada

#13891 Jul 24, 2013
This last 1005 news letter is so full of propaganda gabage. The larry car driver that saved the workers life was a pot head last chancer who had put others life in danger coming in stoned and drunk for years till he finally was on last chance. He was experienced Matt was a mill guy and Rick knew better and still let the unsafe act occur. As for the company pushing him to retire cmon wake up Rick was a union steward up to last year so he knew how to handle it and get the union involved to fight for him. He retired because he knew he messed up and nearly caused a mans death period. But npw eagle eye Howe wants to spin it to get 1005 boys against management to be ready for our lock out. Damm these 1005 union execs make me sick
displaced caster guy

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13892 Jul 25, 2013
Wow did anyone know that Doug Egebretson could play the piano??

Male model key suspect in brazen theft of $27,000 baby grand piano taken from Toronto hospital
NP

Toronto police say a male model is at the centre of an investigation into a robbery that saw a $27,000 baby grand piano hauled out of a downtown hospital.
Kris

Simcoe, Canada

#13893 Jul 25, 2013
I hope they vote yes...of this contract doesn't go through...it will be too devastating for the employees locked out for the long term! ACCEPT THIS OFFER.... It's tough to find a comparable paying job in this area.. Trust me I was there no one would hire me after my work closed... It' will be a tough road ahead if you don't accept... It's lost their houses last time.,, and others came close still haven't recover... Was it worth it? Regardless we all know this will happen n 3 yrs again if they don't go back to he states... Just get your jobs back!
retired

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13894 Jul 31, 2013
What ever happened to the 5 stand? Is it still sitting with the backups in the mill? Lets start her up she was always a money maker....
GETHEFRKOT

Hamilton, Canada

#13895 Jul 31, 2013
lew should vote to work. then on your days off get another job. this plant will close and you will get zip. get out now. if you have a small family don't count on these foreigners call uss cause they will screw your family with lockouts,layoffs,and eventually when the pensions are due they will close. get out now. this uss is nfg and our federal govt. is in bed with them for cash.VOTE TO GO BACK TO WORK AND THEN GET QNOTHER JOB.
bob smith

Simcoe, Canada

#13896 Aug 13, 2013
hows chris hagen doing?
heard he cut up his arm bad
hope hes good
Hags

Hamilton, Canada

#13898 Aug 20, 2013
bob smith wrote:
hows chris hagen doing?
heard he cut up his arm bad
hope hes good
I never wish harm in anyone. But what comes around go's around. Hagen was never a good person. Karma s a bitch
displaced caster guy

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13900 Aug 28, 2013
So we now hear that Rolf and this executive comitee
have finally bankrupted 1005. I just hope that the national and Pitsburgh audit the books.
Take It

Simcoe, Canada

#13901 Aug 28, 2013
displaced caster guy wrote:
So we now hear that Rolf and this executive comitee
have finally bankrupted 1005. I just hope that the national and Pitsburgh audit the books.
what do you mean by that?
BOF GUY

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13902 Aug 28, 2013
Take It wrote:
<quoted text>what do you mean by that?
Their saying that 1005 is broke. Rolf and the comitee spent all the moolah.
Displaced Caster guy

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13903 Aug 28, 2013
AUDIT NOW!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
great lakes steel mill (Feb '09) 23 hr Max n Molly 6,703
i need my ex husband back to me Thu della 4
break them up spells anti-love to break any re... (Oct '13) Jan 25 Mike 2 4
Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada (Jul '09) Jan 23 Bob Jackmeoff 22,593
How to Delete Documents and Data on iPhone (Feb '14) Jan 20 lisesha 4
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone wit... (May '13) Dec '14 cartjohnson 51
transfer videos between android and computer Dec '14 marleeyoung 5
More from around the web