Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada
lakeboy

Windsor, Canada

#13888 Jul 22, 2013
lake erie steel canada vote date why doesnt union have this on there web page . hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm already lost 20000 and last time much much more 2009 lockout and retires lost out. good deal not, remember us steel is big they dont need us. whats the 83 percent of production guys going to do .get a 12 to 14 dollar per hour job if there lucky

http://www.norfolktoday.ca/default.asp ...
july 31 2013 vote day for 8782 found this news but no other place hmmmmmmmm us steel canada nanticoke

Since: May 13

Hamilton, Canada

#13889 Jul 22, 2013
lakeboy wrote:
lake erie steel canada vote date why doesnt union have this on there web page . hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm already lost 20000 and last time much much more 2009 lockout and retires lost out. good deal not, remember us steel is big they dont need us. whats the 83 percent of production guys going to do .get a 12 to 14 dollar per hour job if there lucky
july 31 2013 vote day for 8782 found this news but no other place hmmmmmmmm us steel canada nanticoke
Why would the Union have it on their website when it is the MOL and USSC's job to announce the date and place of the supervised ballot?

P.S., hard to believe but the company hasn't told the Union the date yet.

Graham

Since: May 13

Hamilton, Canada

#13890 Jul 22, 2013
lakeboy wrote:
Not even on http://www.ourcommunityourfuture.com/

Graham
hamilton coker

Severn, Canada

#13891 Jul 24, 2013
This last 1005 news letter is so full of propaganda gabage. The larry car driver that saved the workers life was a pot head last chancer who had put others life in danger coming in stoned and drunk for years till he finally was on last chance. He was experienced Matt was a mill guy and Rick knew better and still let the unsafe act occur. As for the company pushing him to retire cmon wake up Rick was a union steward up to last year so he knew how to handle it and get the union involved to fight for him. He retired because he knew he messed up and nearly caused a mans death period. But npw eagle eye Howe wants to spin it to get 1005 boys against management to be ready for our lock out. Damm these 1005 union execs make me sick
displaced caster guy

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13892 Jul 25, 2013
Wow did anyone know that Doug Egebretson could play the piano??

Male model key suspect in brazen theft of $27,000 baby grand piano taken from Toronto hospital
NP

Toronto police say a male model is at the centre of an investigation into a robbery that saw a $27,000 baby grand piano hauled out of a downtown hospital.
Kris

Simcoe, Canada

#13893 Jul 25, 2013
I hope they vote yes...of this contract doesn't go through...it will be too devastating for the employees locked out for the long term! ACCEPT THIS OFFER.... It's tough to find a comparable paying job in this area.. Trust me I was there no one would hire me after my work closed... It' will be a tough road ahead if you don't accept... It's lost their houses last time.,, and others came close still haven't recover... Was it worth it? Regardless we all know this will happen n 3 yrs again if they don't go back to he states... Just get your jobs back!
retired

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13894 Jul 31, 2013
What ever happened to the 5 stand? Is it still sitting with the backups in the mill? Lets start her up she was always a money maker....
GETHEFRKOT

Hamilton, Canada

#13895 Jul 31, 2013
lew should vote to work. then on your days off get another job. this plant will close and you will get zip. get out now. if you have a small family don't count on these foreigners call uss cause they will screw your family with lockouts,layoffs,and eventually when the pensions are due they will close. get out now. this uss is nfg and our federal govt. is in bed with them for cash.VOTE TO GO BACK TO WORK AND THEN GET QNOTHER JOB.
bob smith

Simcoe, Canada

#13896 Aug 13, 2013
hows chris hagen doing?
heard he cut up his arm bad
hope hes good
Hags

Hamilton, Canada

#13898 Aug 20, 2013
bob smith wrote:
hows chris hagen doing?
heard he cut up his arm bad
hope hes good
I never wish harm in anyone. But what comes around go's around. Hagen was never a good person. Karma s a bitch
displaced caster guy

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13900 Aug 28, 2013
So we now hear that Rolf and this executive comitee
have finally bankrupted 1005. I just hope that the national and Pitsburgh audit the books.
Take It

Simcoe, Canada

#13901 Aug 28, 2013
displaced caster guy wrote:
So we now hear that Rolf and this executive comitee
have finally bankrupted 1005. I just hope that the national and Pitsburgh audit the books.
what do you mean by that?
BOF GUY

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13902 Aug 28, 2013
Take It wrote:
<quoted text>what do you mean by that?
Their saying that 1005 is broke. Rolf and the comitee spent all the moolah.
Displaced Caster guy

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13903 Aug 28, 2013
AUDIT NOW!!!
Kim Jung un

Hamilton, Canada

#13904 Aug 29, 2013
BOF GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Their saying that 1005 is broke. Rolf and the comitee spent all the moolah.
I will bail you out.
west side coker

Severn, Canada

#13905 Aug 30, 2013
Hey so now the lake is goin back with a nice 5yr deal and not a bad deal all and all.
So how will our exec spin this to try to turn it into a fight a David and Goliath epic battle with Rolph as the red scickle carrying commie David and Ussteel as the capitalist Goliath. Now is the time for us to stand up and say STFU u executive morons and get us the same deal and stop only thinking about your pensions and the retired. I want 20 years outta this place so concentrate on the majority that is employed. CMON brothers lets start talking about it now and not be bamboozled untill its next year and we r lookin down the barell of a lockout.
BOF Guy

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13906 Aug 31, 2013
Kim Jung un wrote:
<quoted text> I will bail you out.
Ya from 1 commie ruler to another commie rule.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#13907 Aug 31, 2013
BOF Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya from 1 commie ruler to another commie rule.
Us idiots have to stick together.
hilton

Severn, Canada

#13908 Aug 31, 2013
I agree coker lets not sit quietly by and then find out that the execs have done nothing and are willin to allow us to be locked out again. We need to start goin to meetings and askin whats goin on. Dont wait for Rolph to turn it into a political fight game. 1005 needa to look after itself we are down to less than 600 members cmon lets look after us.
In the Cokes now

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13909 Sep 1, 2013
hilton wrote:
I agree coker lets not sit quietly by and then find out that the execs have done nothing and are willin to allow us to be locked out again. We need to start goin to meetings and askin whats goin on. Dont wait for Rolph to turn it into a political fight game. 1005 needa to look after itself we are down to less than 600 members cmon lets look after us.
It's going to be really diferent this time , we had money stashed,2 Million ,but the exec let Rolf spend it all. What Rolf wanted , buses , posters,commie tshirts ,billboards,parties,picnics, trips to Ottawa, exec trips to Vaucover the exec gave him . No one opposed him at all. So scream for an audit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada (Jul '09) 1 hr Trash Talk 23,631
The Good and Bad about US Steel (Jan '11) Jun 6 really 63
News China's Hebei Iron & Steel says U.S. probe dama... Jun 5 marpy 1
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) May 29 MiniMiner 109
Poll Is Graham Carroll a rat? (Aug '13) Feb '16 Siles 58
More from around the web