HAMMER

Toronto, Canada

#13618 Jun 26, 2012
http://www.uswa1005.ca/Information_Update_24_...

SHAMEFUL what is happening to the workers at Dofasco

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
spike mill guy

Hamilton, Canada

#13619 Jun 26, 2012
Derek wrote:
<quoted text>
Dofasco isn't a nice place to work anymore either. Tradespeople are being outsourced as those who retire are not being replaced. There are a lot of changes going on there that the employees do not like one bit.
our manufacturing companies in Hamilton are largely moved to cheaper places that have no regard for employee salaries,benefits,pensions or enviroment pollution. The large mult corporations like us steel and arcilot mittal that currently make steel for foreign markets while receiving canadian govt tax payers support for hydro, taxes, employee benefits are also reducing our local employee wages by lock outs, layoffs or threat of layoffs and even closure....where are our local politicans on manufacturing in Hamilton....opps i forgot our MPPS ARE ON HOLIDAYS FROM THE MIDDLE OF JUNE UNTIL THE MIDDLE OF SEPT....AS LONG AS HARPER AND HIS BUDDIES GET THEIR OLD AGE PENSION AT 55 NOT LIKE YOU AND ME AT 67 THEY DONT GIVE A S\\;\\ FOR YOU AND ME...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Stalin

Port Dover, Canada

#13620 Jun 28, 2012
spike mill guy wrote:
<quoted text>our manufacturing companies in Hamilton are largely moved to cheaper places that have no regard for employee salaries,benefits,pensions or enviroment pollution. The large mult corporations like us steel and arcilot mittal that currently make steel for foreign markets while receiving canadian govt tax payers support for hydro, taxes, employee benefits are also reducing our local employee wages by lock outs, layoffs or threat of layoffs and even closure....where are our local politicans on manufacturing in Hamilton....opps i forgot our MPPS ARE ON HOLIDAYS FROM THE MIDDLE OF JUNE UNTIL THE MIDDLE OF SEPT....AS LONG AS HARPER AND HIS BUDDIES GET THEIR OLD AGE PENSION AT 55 NOT LIKE YOU AND ME AT 67 THEY DONT GIVE A S\\;\\ FOR YOU AND ME...
If Thomas Mulcair (ex-Liberal,now NDP) and Bob Rae (ex-NDP,now Liberal) cared about you and your buddies,they'd fold their precious parties and merge.Instant majority in perpetuity.But they only care about getting power,like McGuinty.Jack Layton quit caring a while ago.DON'T PUT YOUR TRUST IN POLITICAL LEADERS!! The real leaders are all dead and gone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
spike mill guy

Hamilton, Canada

#13621 Jun 29, 2012
Stalin wrote:
<quoted text>If Thomas Mulcair (ex-Liberal,now NDP) and Bob Rae (ex-NDP,now Liberal) cared about you and your buddies,they'd fold their precious parties and merge.Instant majority in perpetuity.But they only care about getting power,like McGuinty.Jack Layton quit caring a while ago.DON'T PUT YOUR TRUST IN POLITICAL LEADERS!! The real leaders are all dead and gone.
yup your right our politicans are now stuffing their wallets.......opps, well not now cause they are on HOLIDAYS TILL SEPT.22....well when they all get back from their HOLIDAYS our MPPS will continue to pad their wallets, benefit plans, salaries and of course their PENSIONS THEY RECEIVE AFTER 6 YRS. OF WELL......BEING MOSTLY ON CHRISTMAS, OR EASTER, OR SUMMER HOLIDAYS..I MIGHT HAVE MISSED A FEW OF OUR MPP HOLIDAYS..as our prime minister stated we all need to tighten our belts..well HARPER MEANT YOU NOT HIM AND HIS CROONIES GOLD PLATED INDEXED FULLY FUNDED PENSION AND BENDFITS.....OK EVERYBODY STAND UP AND SING....oh canada our home and native land..true native land........oh well i fogot the rest of it.
hiro

Canada

#13622 Jun 30, 2012
Big Blue Bully Hater wrote:
Any rumors coming from Hamilton?
hamilton blast furnace has october start planned

Since: Nov 10

3 little birds

#13623 Jun 30, 2012
page 670 S-(SCAB) TEMP list.....Peter ANGELONE -Alan AYLIFFE - Thomas BEAUDOIN - Kevin BISHOP - Antoine BOUCHER - Pat BURKE - Henry BOONSTRA - B. CLARK - David CLARK - Louie D'ANTONIO - Brian DARCY - Wayne DELOREY - Bruce DEWAR - Ted EARL David EVANS - Donald FORD - Tom GIBSON - C.GULA STEVE GUNN (forced to scab by wife) - Richard HALLORAN -Jan HAVEMAN - Scott (ASSMAN) HAWORTH Stewart (call display) HENDERSON - Terry JOHNSON Rick KENNEDY - Ricky KNOX - John LAMBIE* -Alexander Paul LANSKI -TONY (KING RAT) LIOTA * George MANSELL - Reese MATTHEWS - Brent MITCHELL Earl MYKE - Barrie Bear PALMER - Alan PRYDDERCH Tom ROPPLE - Anthony RUSSO - John SADOWSKI - David SLOAN - R. SUGGETT - Jim SKERLAN - Ian STONEBRIDGE John SWIOKlO - Al TAYLOR - William TRUSCOTT - Cliff WEBB - John WHITTLE - Brian WYNNE

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dillweed

Hamilton, Canada

#13624 Jun 30, 2012
Let's not forget about our loyal union brothers from Local 1 bricklayers union. Who scabbed out the entire lockout crossing our picket line.
Glassroc emplyees:
Jon Wilks
Jay Wilks
Randy Morton
Still working in the coke ovens!!!
Sick of USSLES

Cambridge, Canada

#13625 Jun 30, 2012
hiro wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless there is a settlement in the states.
spike mill guy

Hamilton, Canada

#13626 Jun 30, 2012
Dillweed wrote:
Let's not forget about our loyal union brothers from Local 1 bricklayers union. Who scabbed out the entire lockout crossing our picket line.
Glassroc emplyees:
Jon Wilks
Jay Wilks
Randy Morton
Still working in the coke ovens!!!
COME ON NOW LETS GIVE THESE GUYS SOME SLACK.....its either scab big time o.t. or the wife takes them to the cleaners......WORK AND SCAB OR THE WIFE WILL DIVORCE..........
cokeguy

Canada

#13627 Jul 1, 2012
hiro wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't.

Since: Nov 10

3 little birds

#13628 Jul 1, 2012
Slippery Sam wrote:
This strategy by U.S. Steel is brilliant & will help keep Hamilton Works to exist hopefully years to come until the new trades people come onboard. The 1005 union leaders are in the past & does not clearly see the future.
Riddle me this then with the defined benefit Pension plan effectively closed and Ironmaking pension credits meaningless to new hires. Mechanical and Electrical new hires are on a Defined Contribution plan, what is the Incentive to stay in that area or work for US STEAL in the future even now The Coke Ovens keep the push rate at 98 ovens "just " missing the PPP rate
Slippery Sam

Hamilton, Canada

#13629 Jul 3, 2012
30yearswith5 tomakeup wrote:
<quoted text>
Riddle me this then with the defined benefit Pension plan effectively closed and Ironmaking pension credits meaningless to new hires. Mechanical and Electrical new hires are on a Defined Contribution plan, what is the Incentive to stay in that area or work for US STEAL in the future even now The Coke Ovens keep the push rate at 98 ovens "just " missing the PPP rate
It just the sign of the times. I don't think any new hire has any intentions staying with any company for 30 years & who is to say any particuliar company will be around in 30 years. The defined benefit pension may not be the best thing but it can also work to the benefit of the worker for their working career.
Slippery Sam

Hamilton, Canada

#13630 Jul 3, 2012
The Glasroc guys where true professionals & decent human beings during the lock in/out. Any blame having them there should be on the shoulders of your 1005 executive but it appears no one or group can overthrow these guys for the best interest of the union members.
yea right

Dundas, Canada

#13631 Jul 3, 2012
What year HAHAHA
hiro wrote:
<quoted text>
kaput

Canada

#13632 Jul 4, 2012
hiro wrote:
<quoted text>
(shakes head)
Dillweed

Hamilton, Canada

#13633 Jul 5, 2012
Slippery Sam wrote:
The Glasroc guys where true professionals & decent human beings during the lock in/out. Any blame having them there should be on the shoulders of your 1005 executive but it appears no one or group can overthrow these guys for the best interest of the union members.
Decent people are the company's and unions that refused to cross a picket line.
And absolutly our 1005 exec should rot in hell for it as well. When Rolf or jake were confronted with the issue of us letting another local in the plant... They bullshit there way out of it! Definitely getting there pockets lined out of the deal.
shimmy time

Caledonia, Canada

#13634 Jul 11, 2012
more returnees to the cold mill
Dave Lodge and Peter Salemi...salary now..how sad
buttplug

Hamilton, Canada

#13635 Jul 11, 2012
havent been on in long time and people like dillweed are still crying like babies.... hey dillweed your a douche lol.see ya at work
swingplant

Toronto, Canada

#13636 Jul 14, 2012
To all USS Steel employees . Save your money. First plant they lockout this Sept. Were all walking out. Time to get the leverage back!
shimmy time

Caledonia, Canada

#13637 Jul 15, 2012
swingplant wrote:
To all USS Steel employees . Save your money. First plant they lockout this Sept. Were all walking out. Time to get the leverage back!
that's funny-I don't remember them walking out in support of us last year

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada (Jul '09) 3 hr Remember the past 22,215
A case of buyer's remorse? What went wrong at U... Sep 18 PeeTestThisYouBas... 2
not your grandparents party anymore . Sep 15 right wing 2
New Steelworker (Jan '12) Sep 2 Mike2 85
Easy Loan Apply Now (Sep '13) Aug 28 john 4
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone wit... (May '13) Aug '14 christina1 47
JOIN THE GREAT ILLUMINATI to get rich and famou... Aug '14 Mike2 2
•••

United States Steel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••