Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
got out in 1999

Simcoe, Canada

#10613 Apr 30, 2013
Standbehindmyman wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of business do you own?
cleaning gum off the bottom of his bosses desk lol
steel wheels

Simcoe, Canada

#10614 Apr 30, 2013
My gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
This comment does not sound intelligent. Apples and oranges. Not your money makes it easy to say give us, we deserve, you owe us!
Well, "my gosh", having read your posts,You sure don't come across as any kind of rocket scientist!
steel wheels

Simcoe, Canada

#10615 Apr 30, 2013
Standbehindmyman wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of business do you own?
Avon
Hilton

Hamilton, Canada

#10616 Apr 30, 2013
My opinion to go out for broad banding was silly. Was it a good contract no was it worth a labour disruption NO.. I hope you guys go back soon and I hope 1005 members learn from this mistake
Hammer

Dundas, Canada

#10617 Apr 30, 2013
Hilton wrote:
My opinion to go out for broad banding was silly. Was it a good contract no was it worth a labour disruption NO.. I hope you guys go back soon and I hope 1005 members learn from this mistake
as long as we have self centered union leaders who are not happy till we are out of work, we won't
Vasoline

Simcoe, Canada

#10619 Apr 30, 2013
Hilton wrote:
My opinion to go out for broad banding was silly. Was it a good contract no was it worth a labour disruption NO.. I hope you guys go back soon and I hope 1005 members learn from this mistake
All the Hilton guys I've spoken too have all said they would have taken that contract. I'm sure those guys won't be as stupid as we were to put ourselves out of a job. I hope everyone learns from this when we all go back for the same or worse contract. We're really gonna show'em!!
Prick Reston

Toronto, Canada

#10620 Apr 30, 2013
All Bargaining unit employees should stop posting on this forum and leave it to the fine company stooges to argue with themselves. They like to pretend they are bargaining unit anyway.
If we want to communicate with them we can tie a note to a rock and throw it over the fence, a nice pointed rock .
Rick Preston

Fergus, Canada

#10621 Apr 30, 2013
What a Joke wrote:
Where is John P. Surma ???? No posts in a while
This forum is getting worse by the day. Seems like all there is left is Rick Preston arguing with Rick Preston impersonators lol
Alas, the forum has become what it was intended for, me and other retirees to go on beating a dead horse on just about anything irrelevant.

If you read my posts, you can see ive put John surma in his place and scared him off the forum.

For more infinite wisdom send me an email or call me at home, or heck, find me at the gates

In solidarity,

Rick Preston
steel wheels

Simcoe, Canada

#10622 Apr 30, 2013
Rick Preston wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas, the forum has become what it was intended for, me and other retirees to go on beating a dead horse on just about anything irrelevant.
If you read my posts, you can see ive put John surma in his place and scared him off the forum.
For more infinite wisdom send me an email or call me at home, or heck, find me at the gates
In solidarity,
Rick Preston
Why dont you grow up? Very childish using someone else's name. Man up! Talk about irrelevant!
Buzz Lighthead

Kitchener, Canada

#10623 Apr 30, 2013
Hilton wrote:
My opinion to go out for broad banding was silly. Was it a good contract no was it worth a labour disruption NO.. I hope you guys go back soon and I hope 1005 members learn from this mistake
The Stooges are already starting the misinformation war. On Hamilton . They have no shame.
lew boy

Port Dover, Canada

#10624 Apr 30, 2013
Rick Preston wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas, the forum has become what it was intended for, me and other retirees to go on beating a dead horse on just about anything irrelevant.
If you read my posts, you can see ive put John surma in his place and scared him off the forum.
For more infinite wisdom send me an email or call me at home, or heck, find me at the gates
In solidarity,
Rick Preston
ya what a puss that surma was glad he is gone
Vasoline

Simcoe, Canada

#10625 Apr 30, 2013
hearing rumours that the strike pay is gonna start this week...any truth to that?

Since: Apr 13

simcoe

#10626 Apr 30, 2013
Vasoline wrote:
hearing rumours that the strike pay is gonna start this week...any truth to that?
It's supposed to start a week from yesterday from what I understand.
Vasoline

Simcoe, Canada

#10627 Apr 30, 2013
Standbehindmyman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's supposed to start a week from yesterday from what I understand.
Thanks
Vasoline

Simcoe, Canada

#10628 Apr 30, 2013
Well, I guess at the very least, we've taught Hilton Works what NOT to do when they have to negotiate again. This was pretty stupid on our part...what the hell are we gonna accomplish except bankrupting ourselves?
ben

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#10629 Apr 30, 2013
Vasoline wrote:
Well, I guess at the very least, we've taught Hilton Works what NOT to do when they have to negotiate again. This was pretty stupid on our part...what the hell are we gonna accomplish except bankrupting ourselves?
You don't have to worry about bankrupting yourself.
US Steel said Tuesday that it lost $73 million in the first quarter because of tough competition and rising prices, and its outlook provided little hope that the current quarter will be any better, sending its stock price lower
Vasoline

Simcoe, Canada

#10630 Apr 30, 2013
ben wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to worry about bankrupting yourself.
US Steel said Tuesday that it lost $73 million in the first quarter because of tough competition and rising prices, and its outlook provided little hope that the current quarter will be any better, sending its stock price lower
Ahhh, yes, the magical numbers game....how can a business lose that kind of money each and every quarter and still be in business?? All the while giving their CEO and his band of merry thieves a raise?? If you and I owned a "ma and pa" business and lost that kind of money, we'd be out of business pretty darn fast
ben

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#10631 Apr 30, 2013
Vasoline wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, yes, the magical numbers game....how can a business lose that kind of money each and every quarter and still be in business?? All the while giving their CEO and his band of merry thieves a raise?? If you and I owned a "ma and pa" business and lost that kind of money, we'd be out of business pretty darn fast
Could not agree more. The key is that they get a PAY RAISE (one form or another). I know there is alot of anger to those guys who voted no, but I am now beginning to think that anger is somewhat misguided.
Vasoline

Simcoe, Canada

#10632 Apr 30, 2013
ben wrote:
<quoted text>
Could not agree more. The key is that they get a PAY RAISE (one form or another). I know there is alot of anger to those guys who voted no, but I am now beginning to think that anger is somewhat misguided.
what do you mean misguided? Please explain.
1989 start

Stoney Creek, Canada

#10633 Apr 30, 2013
Vasoline wrote:
Well, I guess at the very least, we've taught Hilton Works what NOT to do when they have to negotiate again. This was pretty stupid on our part...what the hell are we gonna accomplish except bankrupting ourselves?
It doesnt matter what 1005 wants we got ROLF who wants a confrontation. it is personal to Rolf the Red Commie he hates anything America and Americans stadnd for or do. Rolf's got 1005 bankrutd already with all his Bus trips and protests we cant even take on grievances but he can sure spend money for ads and bus trips.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) 1 hr Mike the Dike 16,351
the pre-employment drug test!!!! (Jun '11) 21 hr Slime 9
US Steel physical and drug test taking to long!... May 1 Waiting4USsteel 35
Work hours Apr 29 Us steel 5
Why is U.S. Steel buying slabs from a competitor? Apr '17 Speedy Gonzales 6
News Stock Jumping Abnormally High: United States St... Mar '17 Alternate Truth Inc 1
application status Mar '17 Waiting 3
More from around the web