Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
Memories from Hilton

Hamilton, Canada

#10005 Apr 27, 2013
Kitchen Leftovers wrote:
Looking forward to some good food.
....BurrrrppppP
He's back, all we need now is Retired Stelco Brother, Phil, Mike 2, and a few others for a reunion. You were one of the good guys though.
buy canadian

Simcoe, Canada

#10006 Apr 27, 2013
Trash Talk wrote:
Nowhere in the contract did i see the company say they would restart the furnace.If the market is so soft and we are losing money it was highly unlikely they would restart it.Only bright spot is you would get E.I. if layed off and benefits would continue,copay included.
It didn't say anything about a furnace restart in the last contract either but it was fired up and for a whole year he hsm rolled next to nothing.
this is ridiculous

Simcoe, Canada

#10007 Apr 27, 2013
8782 Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the employer went to hot idle on the ovens. The parties were preparing for the worst. Our committee was willing to talk, the company wasn't.
Youre the one making it seem like the company was unreasonable to lock us out. We were planning on striking days before. Only thing now is that we can spin the "poor us, we tried to negotiate."

i dont know how you can convince yourself to believe that it was ill-spirited of them to lock us out when we were about to strike. at least the foremen realize what a crock the company propaganda is.

Since: Apr 13

simcoe

#10008 Apr 27, 2013
My gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Always said I worked for the company. The same one your husband does. Not cheer leading, living in the real world. Sad that you are as brainwashed as him. Saddest moment of my career was watching a 6 year old on the picket line shaking their fist. Face it this is not winnable. When the union realizes they will have consistent work. We live in a global economy. How do we compete with China who cn make steel at a fraction of what we do. No union, and no benefits, no retirement and 5 dollars n hour and thrilled to make that. Please explain if you have all the answers.
brainwashed? Really. I see quite clearly actually and from what I see here you are on this board to stir up Shit for the company. I believe you are a troll who, yes, works for us steel but in a nice coushy office chair. You scan these boards and blurt out false crap just to see what kind of a reaction you can get out of people, that way you have info to feed your "higher ups". That's just my take on you. Laugh it up Mr. Know It All. I never said I had all the answers but you sure seem to.
buy canadian

Simcoe, Canada

#10009 Apr 27, 2013
Read the comments on the online versions of newspapers. The public doesn't have sympathy for us. They think its nuts it was rejected
buy canadian

Simcoe, Canada

#10010 Apr 27, 2013
Lets get a vote on this contract
this is ridiculous

Simcoe, Canada

#10011 Apr 27, 2013
Standbehindmyman wrote:
<quoted text>brainwashed? Really. I see quite clearly actually and from what I see here you are on this board to stir up Shit for the company. I believe you are a troll who, yes, works for us steel but in a nice coushy office chair. You scan these boards and blurt out false crap just to see what kind of a reaction you can get out of people, that way you have info to feed your "higher ups". That's just my take on you. Laugh it up Mr. Know It All. I never said I had all the answers but you sure seem to.
no offense, but even the hard workers have it pretty cushy... coming from a guy who has had far worse jobs. those who have it worst are the front line whit hats, imo. but oh well. raw raw raw...
My gosh

Hamilton, Canada

#10012 Apr 27, 2013
Greasy Swede wrote:
To all you Salary posters ( I know there are more than a few of you ) How long do you think all of you are going to stay doing firewatch? Hilton can only take so many of you guys what are they going to do with the rest of you ?
Remember the last lock out and the Great Salary Purge ? Look to your left then to your right , odds are one of you will be gone . You'll get a nice little buy out , but the market is soft good luck getting another job. If we are really losing money you really think they are just going to stop at locking us out. So when you look in a mirror, check that smug look you'll want to get rid of it for the job search.
It's too bad I didn't get to say goodbye to some of you because when we get back ( sooner or later) alot of you will be gone. Maybe they will let you keep your white hat !
W
And we will have you GREEDY union workers to thank. So thanks so much for screwing all of us. Way to go
And then you get mad when we post on here. Too fn bad
My gosh

Hamilton, Canada

#10013 Apr 27, 2013
Standbehindmyman wrote:
<quoted text>brainwashed? Really. I see quite clearly actually and from what I see here you are on this board to stir up Shit for the company. I believe you are a troll who, yes, works for us steel but in a nice coushy office chair. You scan these boards and blurt out false crap just to see what kind of a reaction you can get out of people, that way you have info to feed your "higher ups". That's just my take on you. Laugh it up Mr. Know It All. I never said I had all the answers but you sure seem to.
Actually I can say whatever I want. My future is in the hands of a bunch of buffoons. Troll not. Concerned for my job. You BET. Just because your husband and brothers were greedy doesn't mean we are. I don't want anyone to be hurt which is why we tried to warn you to accept. THIS IS NOT my fault. I have every right to vent. If I had it my way everyone would still be working! But instead we are accused of being trolls or mean. YOU are mean for putting us through this crap and for what. Something you would all flip your vote for? Reallyyyyyyyyyy
My gosh

Hamilton, Canada

#10014 Apr 27, 2013
Standbehindmyman wrote:
Oh and btw I don't have all the answers I am just smart enough to see the outcome through all the lies.
grammer police

Waterloo, Canada

#10015 Apr 27, 2013
No wonder the public doesn't have sympathy for us after reading our contract....who the hell can read it!? If you flip from one page to another, you get a different set of wages!! On one page it says "job level 4", there are a few specific jobs. Yet when you flip back a couple pages it says roll grinders will get level 4, remote crane drivers will get level 3, and labourers will get level 2....where the hell does that leave us!!?? If for no other reason, a no vote was the best thing to do bc it takes the power for the company to bend us over away from them!! Then again, I'm sure a company crying broke would would just give us the best case, and pay us all level 4 right!!?? I just wish all these criers that make up the 30% would shut the hell up!! Just seems funny that there might be a connection between the criers, and the desperate ones that would suck up that piece of crap contract. This is the way it is....stop bellyaching, deal with it, and move on.
this is ridiculous

Simcoe, Canada

#10016 Apr 27, 2013
buy canadian wrote:
Read the comments on the online versions of newspapers. The public doesn't have sympathy for us. They think its nuts it was rejected
why should they sympathize with us? i dont and i am us.
Memories from Hilton

Hamilton, Canada

#10017 Apr 27, 2013
Does anybody think U.S. Steel will come back with a better offer?
this is ridiculous

Simcoe, Canada

#10018 Apr 27, 2013
grammer police wrote:
No wonder the public doesn't have sympathy for us after reading our contract....who the hell can read it!? If you flip from one page to another, you get a different set of wages!! On one page it says "job level 4", there are a few specific jobs. Yet when you flip back a couple pages it says roll grinders will get level 4, remote crane drivers will get level 3, and labourers will get level 2....where the hell does that leave us!!?? If for no other reason, a no vote was the best thing to do bc it takes the power for the company to bend us over away from them!! Then again, I'm sure a company crying broke would would just give us the best case, and pay us all level 4 right!!?? I just wish all these criers that make up the 30% would shut the hell up!! Just seems funny that there might be a connection between the criers, and the desperate ones that would suck up that piece of crap contract. This is the way it is....stop bellyaching, deal with it, and move on.
everyone's moving on. there will be no one left in this place except for the production guys who will still be on the picket line, so he can to fill out the application there. I would be surprised if this plant ever opens under us steel. you showed them, guys. no sympathy from me

simcoe

#10019 Apr 27, 2013
My gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I can say whatever I want. My future is in the hands of a bunch of buffoons. Troll not. Concerned for my job. You BET. Just because your husband and brothers were greedy doesn't mean we are. I don't want anyone to be hurt which is why we tried to warn you to accept. THIS IS NOT my fault. I have every right to vent. If I had it my way everyone would still be working! But instead we are accused of being trolls or mean. YOU are mean for putting us through this crap and for what. Something you would all flip your vote for? Reallyyyyyyyyyy
Take a Downer buddy! I am giving my opinion and can say what I want too. If you don't like it, don't comment on it. Further more, I never said how my husband voted.
My gosh

Hamilton, Canada

#10020 Apr 27, 2013
this is ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
why should they sympathize with us? i dont and i am us.
I do sympathize I don't want anyone to hurt. I just hate that you think we are stupid white hats. We are smart and have no agenda other than to keep our jobs and try and turn some profit

simcoe

#10021 Apr 27, 2013
this is ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
no offense, but even the hard workers have it pretty cushy... coming from a guy who has had far worse jobs. those who have it worst are the front line whit hats, imo. but oh well. raw raw raw...
Well at least you said no offense!

simcoe

#10022 Apr 27, 2013
My gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I do sympathize I don't want anyone to hurt. I just hate that you think we are stupid white hats. We are smart and have no agenda other than to keep our jobs and try and turn some profit
You know the saying "you catch more bees with honey..." Stop going off on people and instead explain things to them. This is most decent post I've seen from you!

simcoe

#10023 Apr 27, 2013
Who's going tomorrow???
cant we be friends

Toronto, Canada

#10024 Apr 27, 2013
My gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
W
And we will have you GREEDY union workers to thank. So thanks so much for screwing all of us. Way to go
And then you get mad when we post on here. Too fn bad
It read to me he was just giving you a reality check , US Steel an equal opportunity screwer , no one is immune. You sound angry , you still have benefits ... go get a pill. Fill out a hurt feelings report ... too Fn bad for your situation, good that you can blame greedy union and not ahole management for this situation. Keep suckling on the sweet company teat , they will take of you. Have some more fn koolaid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Thu Former Stelco Cop 15,942
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) Jul 29 Ranger 1 111
New Steelworker (Jan '12) Jul '16 Imaginethat 93
The Good and Bad about US Steel (Jan '11) Jun '16 really 63
News China's Hebei Iron & Steel says U.S. probe dama... Jun '16 marpy 1
More from around the web