Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
buy canadian

Canada

#9919 Apr 27, 2013
Make the call wrote:
Has anyone heard from the union???
all those who want to work lets petition the union to hold a vote. We are going to be out until we take this. We are going to end up taking the same thing months from now anywyas why not do it now and get it over with.
truth

Guelph, Canada

#9920 Apr 27, 2013
false pride is a sin -make the call
Whofuckingcares

Guelph, Canada

#9921 Apr 27, 2013
buy canadian wrote:
<quoted text>all those who want to work lets petition the union to hold a vote. We are going to be out until we take this. We are going to end up taking the same thing months from now anywyas why not do it now and get it over with.
Again no one has said the offer is still on the table this is just a news article with a statement and prolly for damage control reasons when we do in fact take the same offer a year from now. I'm sure the union would notify ppl if the contract was being presented again at this time.
Make the call

Hamilton, Canada

#9922 Apr 27, 2013
buy canadian wrote:
<quoted text>all those who want to work lets petition the union to hold a vote. We are going to be out until we take this. We are going to end up taking the same thing months from now anywyas why not do it now and get it over with.
Go make the call and get to the union hall today.
If this is all about $$$$$$$$ why are you letting them take your source of income ($) away and possible your job forever.
This contract can be negotiated in 3 yrs again
Economy better , better results ???????
Only need 21% more with the 30 %

Go to the union hall today, the offer will not last the lockout and neither will u guys that don't have an extra income. The offer will be shredded to pieces.
buy canadian

Canada

#9923 Apr 27, 2013
Make the call wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is all about $$$$$$$$ why are you letting them take your source of income ($) away and possible your job forever.
Go to the union hall today, the offer will not last the lockout and neither will u guys that don't have an extra income. The offer will be shredded to pieces.
One problem is the 21% we need may not have clued in yet that uss is going drag this out for a while. Its going to take them 3 months to realize voting no was a mistake. We would still have it good under that contract for what we do.
Make the call

Hamilton, Canada

#9924 Apr 27, 2013
Whofuckingcares wrote:
<quoted text>
Again no one has said the offer is still on the table this is just a news article with a statement and prolly for damage control reasons when we do in fact take the same offer a year from now. I'm sure the union would notify ppl if the contract was being presented again at this time.
Only if they wanted to ppl to know.
Why is the union not communicating now with u??
Why is the union not supporting or helping the 30 %
And now the 21% that has been educated outside the union to realize they made an honest mistake.

I get you all even the union but why are u not help out the people that want this job back now????
This isn't funny anymore.
Please see if the offer still stands.
Realist

Melbourne, FL

#9925 Apr 27, 2013
Whofuckingcares wrote:
<quoted text>
The company offer was not ratified by 12:01 AM Sunday April 21, 2013 and has therefore been withdrawn by the company. This was set forth in the letter accompanying their final offer.
Therefore, be sure you have enough "yes" votes for ratification before asking the company to reinstate the offer and extend the ratification deadline. Even if both of the the above points prove positive, it is probable that the company will proceed with the lockout until the ratification vote.
Kingnothing

Guelph, Canada

#9926 Apr 27, 2013
Make the call wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to go back to work, put the final offer back to a vote and it will pass this time.
I hope uss is reading this.
buy canadian

Canada

#9927 Apr 27, 2013
Kingnothing wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to go back to work, put the final offer back to a vote and it will pass this time.
Thats right. Once steel expert predicts this lock out will go for a minimum of 6 months.
Weezer

Brantford, Canada

#9928 Apr 27, 2013
Allen wrote:
I have been there 10 years and worked many other jobs before that.This was not a bad offer at all and I voted yes.What really sucks is all the oldtimers who voted no and then ran to Dale Greens office to get out when things didnt go their way.I am sorry but the union days are over..we will never win or beat them.Try finding a $30 an hour job now! Why should we care anything about retirees? I guarantee that they certainly dont care about anyone else left behind! If they were to have another vote I bet it would pass for sure! Now that even more of the dead weight is gone and the new guys got a major eye opener!I hope all you that voted no are happy for screwing the ones who are smarter than you think!
Not all the "oldtimers" as you call them voted no.
Eartotheground

Cambridge, Canada

#9929 Apr 27, 2013
Kingnothing wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of a vote and a deadline don't you get? You had your chance now live with it
pensioner

Toronto, Canada

#9930 Apr 27, 2013
Sorry. Won't be able to make it to the line till fall. Have to head north to open cottage. My thoughts are with Lew though. Solidarity!!!!
Stressful mom of 4

Hamilton, Canada

#9931 Apr 27, 2013
So go to the union now. They work for 100% of employees not just the 70%
They can't pick and choose. They need to hear this out before it is to late
Today isn't or shouldn't be a day off.
It is a work day possible the last your last day.

US Steel can we still take the offer ??
I think people needed a little while longer to figure it all out.

Union- why aren't you updating us???
People are not feeling good about this now. Needed more time

Big decisions and too little time.

Vote was pressure and I think it is fair to give ppl the chance to vote again after weighting out the pros and cons to their loved ones

Come on Teams. No more bad mouthing. We all bleed Red.

Since: Apr 13

simcoe

#9932 Apr 27, 2013
If the offer were back on the table, which I highly doubt, it would be the responsibility of the union to immediately let the members know. There's nothing on the union site about it and theres been no phone ringing here. But, if it is up for a vote again the union is dragging their heels and not doing their job.
Eartotheground

Cambridge, Canada

#9933 Apr 27, 2013
Are you really not understanding how negotiations work?? US Steel made their final offer, we rejected it by a majority vote. Therefore. US Steel is moving forward with the protocol to lockdown the plant. That is it, no second takes on the deal. This isn't a f@cling game where if you f@ck up you can restart. There is no contract offer to vote now! Did you think they were joking around?!?!

simcoe

#9934 Apr 27, 2013
buy canadian wrote:
It won't work, the company took the offer off the table.
Make the call

Hamilton, Canada

#9935 Apr 27, 2013
Eartotheground wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of a vote and a deadline don't you get? You had your chance now live with it
US Steel might let u still have the offer.
It doesn't hurt to call the Union does it??
Ppl needed more time. This is pretty scary going down this road for the first time

People do something now if you feel the need to
buy canadian

Canada

#9936 Apr 27, 2013
Those of us who are concerned about or immediate future today need to get people at the hall listening today. If we could get the company to agree to drop the broad banding and greivence crap out of the deal like their letter said they would maybe we could get it passed and not lose 65000 - 80000 a year picketing against a contract that will be accept several months from now anyways.
Rick Preston

Hamilton, Canada

#9937 Apr 27, 2013
Folks, I will tell you one more time no will listen to this post as long as they don't know who you are and who they are talking to.

You don't get to hide behind fake names at a membership meeting or the hall.

Rick

simcoe

#9938 Apr 27, 2013
Make the call wrote:
<quoted text>
US Steel might let u still have the offer.
It doesn't hurt to call the Union does it??
Ppl needed more time. This is pretty scary going down this road for the first time
People do something now if you feel the need to
You never know. Not every thing goes by the book. As a wife whos husband works there I'm just as scared as everyone else about how I'm going to feed my children and pay my bills. We live paycheque to paycheque, no cushion in the bank. There were too many unanswered questions to even have had that vote. Not being a member, I can't do anything but back my husband. Now should the union ever decide to start a "wives" club - I'm totally in! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
accounting homework help Fri khushbu 1
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Jun 30 Just the facts 15,610
how long is hiring process (Sep '12) Jun 25 What 11
accounting homework help Jun 23 khushbu 1
accounting homework help Jun 18 khushbu 1
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) May '15 Keeman 94
great lakes steel mill (Feb '09) May '15 Former rat coworker 6,714
More from around the web