Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
lew boy

Port Dover, Canada

#9595 Apr 25, 2013
just another negotiating ploy by uss, there will be a deal before any lockout
Lock and load

Toronto, Canada

#9596 Apr 25, 2013
When can we start the uprising at the main gate?
Costco Sales

Woodbridge, Canada

#9597 Apr 25, 2013
This forum just went from funny to sad with that letter from the company.

Though, I think Jodie should have signed 'insincerely'

I hope the bargaining committee has something up their sleeve and that this is a short one.

Good Luck to all, cause it is officially a sh!t show from here on out.
Incredible

Saint Anns, Canada

#9598 Apr 25, 2013
Unions are the reason your wages and standard of living got to where it is. They are now the reason why your wages and standard of living are heading back to where everything began. I'm sure it was fun on the way up, but its going to be hell on the way down. Way to go guys.
rjh

Toronto, Canada

#9599 Apr 25, 2013
Brett wrote:
<quoted text>When its all said and done you will all be back for the same contract or less. You will show U.S Steel.Enjoy your summer off with No E.I. and no cash.
thanks smitty
Eartotheground

Canada

#9600 Apr 25, 2013
lew boy wrote:
Dont hold your breath for that to happen
Brett Smith

Toronto, Canada

#9601 Apr 25, 2013
Brett wrote:
<quoted text>When its all said and done you will all be back for the same contract or less. You will show U.S Steel.Enjoy your summer off with No E.I. and no cash.
its not me I swear guys please don't go I can't stand big bob snuggleing up to me last time my but is still dripping seamen and my vocal chords are still effed up from all the screaming I was doing while I was being raped
voted yes

Simcoe, Canada

#9602 Apr 25, 2013
lew boy wrote:
you are delusional...they are going to hold us out for a year then ram that same deal down your throat. all you no voters played right into heir hands. Us steel and obama thank you for protecting american jobs.
Spare time

Whitby, Canada

#9603 Apr 25, 2013
Good Job "No" Voters.....now that"s how you piss money away...you stood your ground for no concessions...now you have no wage! Enjoy your time off....there will be an even worse contract ready for you to sign in 8 months....lol and we all know you will sign it.
voted yes

Simcoe, Canada

#9604 Apr 25, 2013
Its a different world. And too many people think old school. You can't beat this company and the harper government doesn't care. We should accept this offer and fight another day
voted yes

Simcoe, Canada

#9605 Apr 25, 2013
30% of the workers are actually the smart ones.
Lock and load

Etobicoke, Canada

#9606 Apr 25, 2013
voted yes wrote:
30% of the workers are actually the smart ones.
Lets segregate the yes and no voters on the picket line they are the ones making the most noise on this form
voted yes

Simcoe, Canada

#9607 Apr 25, 2013
We should have taken the deal. Now we are out for again...maybe longer. No ei or government lawsuit this time.
Mr nobody

Vancouver, Canada

#9608 Apr 25, 2013
Why would the yes voters be on the picket line?
Mr nobody

Vancouver, Canada

#9609 Apr 25, 2013
Lol @ Brett Smith
mayday

Canada

#9610 Apr 25, 2013
voted yes wrote:
<quoted text>you are delusional...they are going to hold us out for a year then ram that same deal down your throat. all you no voters played right into heir hands. Us steel and obama thank you for protecting american jobs.
you are the reason Canada takes it in the bum ..people like you facilitate the power and control excercised over canadian assets,resources and finally Canadian know how..letting this event go by with silence and self blame is a travesty to all that have fought and built this country...instead of putting all your energy waiting for crumbs and scrap from the states..get a bakbone,become Canadian,and send a message loud and clear ...Canadians WILL BE GIVEN RESPECT..OR WE WILL TAKE IT
voted yes

Simcoe, Canada

#9611 Apr 25, 2013
mayday wrote:
<quoted text>you are the reason Canada takes it in the bum ..people like you facilitate the power and control excercised over canadian assets,resources and finally Canadian know how..letting this event go by with silence and self blame is a travesty to all that have fought and built this country...instead of putting all your energy waiting for crumbs and scrap from the states..get a bakbone,become Canadian,and send a message loud and clear ...Canadians WILL BE GIVEN RESPECT..OR WE WILL TAKE IT
They will just close the place for good. 70% percent of the voters put us out of work permanently.
Homesteader

Pittsburgh, PA

#9612 Apr 25, 2013
Steel Wish wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant.
This Union is DAF!
Mr nobody

Vancouver, Canada

#9613 Apr 25, 2013
If the majority voted "yes" and we all ended up working under that half assed, misleading, confused contract, none of you would admit to voting yes around the lunchroom table, living in the "what if we had stood upto US steel" world.
Fortunately for most but not for all, majority rules.

If in some miraculous turn of events the company says "fine, give them what they want" will all of you "yes" voters be patting yourselves on the back at how you stood shoulder to shoulder with your union brothers in the face of the company under the threat of hard times ahead?
This isn't the first time the employees at this plant have had to stand up for themselves to get the paycheque and benefits you earn.
This time has been long coming but it's here now, the divide and conquer strategy that pits the old vs the new employees.
Give us a contract that is un-balanced, that will piss off the old employees and maybe entice the new, mr us steel says "let them fight amongst themselves in the lunchroom or on some topix website.
Maybe they'll vote it in and next contract we'll turn the tables, like employees with the letter M in their name will get a five dollar raise and employees with brown hair get an extra weeks vacation."
They won't stick together for the greater good.
Norm Imrie

Canada

#9614 Apr 25, 2013
Rick Preston wrote:
To All that post on this site,
If you are not prepared to use your real name or identity, you allow others to state lies and half truths
This is an incredible tool, but not asking someone who they are and what their stake in the game is,
In my opinion corrupts the conversation.
Rick
Nice to see you on here Rick.If i was still working there .I would have turned down myself.I will gladly show up outside the gate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) 11 hr Fedup 15,999
I want to join illuminati. (Oct '13) Sep 8 solution 3
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) Jul '16 Ranger 1 111
New Steelworker (Jan '12) Jul '16 Imaginethat 93
More from around the web