Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
Timstakesapplica tions

Canada

#9284 Apr 22, 2013
justarodburner wrote:
if anyone is considering a yes vote tomorrow please remember.
you likely left a lower paying job with little or no benefits.
if you want to maintain what you came here for you must vote no.
all that you desired when you applied here will be gone. make no mistake.
if we get locked out so be it.
But if this goes through , management will receive more power than you can imagine. If they make a mistake on your pay? Too bad. If they decide you get the shittiest job in you area ? Too bad. If you want to use your senority to obtain a better paying job block? Too bad. If you want to train on higher paying jobs to qualify for a higher job block ? Too bad.
If your look at your paystub for that $1 an hour reaise and dont see a differance in your wage because we already have it ? Too bad. Oh , dont forget..
We now have quite a few people retiring over this mess. Boy , that should open up that sweet job you've had your eye on , yes sir, just put your name on the line and your new found seniority will get you that job.. oops. too bad. you gave that away. At least you still have that lower paying cruddy little job you hate and a new guy off the street gets to do that dream job of yours.. well , you can always grieve it.. opps. thats gone too.
Your life here will be so miserable you will want to leave anyways.
they say this is a throw away society. lets not make that include what you came to this mill for in the first place
vote no
You have the paper copy of the offer, you've had it explained to you ( in small words, and slowly) and yet, you still don't see anything other than "poor pity me drama". This crap you wrote isn't true. Still keep your "entitled" posting, and keep crying about the sky falling. Grieve (cry) all you want. Your petty whining doesn't bother them now, and it certainly won't then. Little man hiding behind your big bad union brothers.. lol, don't hide behind Fergy, you might find Leo's pecker there... of course, you sound like that might be ok with you..
Timstakesapplica tions

Canada

#9285 Apr 22, 2013
grammer police wrote:
Let's be honest here, what has U.S. Steal really offered here? The $1.01 they couldn't beat in arbitration, the ratification bonus that we earned last year? Us new guys get $.15 extra on our group rrsp, yet the older guys get nothing!! If you read between the lines about the vacation, they make shit sound sound attractive.....the older guys lose, we just don't gain. So how is this a fair deal when those ass-hats in Pittsburgh take huge bonuses, off the sweat of your brow!!?? Hell with that, I'd rather see the fruits of my labours in my pocket, not somebody else's. I have been here for less than 2 years, and yeah, seems like we should just take what they offer and ride this out......but what about this job in 20 years from now? We have to stand TOGETHER and show the Yanks us Snow N*gg$rs aren't going to take their left overs!!! This newbie is voting NO!!!
Everyone is making a fortune from the "sweat of your brow"?? Please. The sweat off your brow wouldn't buy a coffee. We don't exactly go home drained from this place do we? Lots and LOTS work harder for less. But in your mind everyone is getting rich off you. Poor thing, you should have become the president of the company, then you could be rich off everyone else's sweat. Oh, but you would then be held responsible for things and have to answer for them. today, you just sit back and wait for someone else to pick up the slack. And if that doesn't happen, oh well. As long as you feed from the trough and never have to get your nose dirty.. Another "entitled" brat that should have been spanked more as a kid...\The only thing you'll show the "yanks" is your stupidity, and in 3 years from now, be even weaker for the buzzards to pick away at. Fight another day and stop whining, look around you and see how good you have it, instead of how much this world owes you.
WTF

Hamilton, Canada

#9287 Apr 22, 2013
And how about that one who spoke from the floor at the 2pm meeting. Holy moly lay off the meth!
I think I seen her on a poster for before and after
Meth heads!
LEW Who Dat

Hamilton, Canada

#9288 Apr 22, 2013
WTF wrote:
And how about that one who spoke from the floor at the 2pm meeting. Holy moly lay off the meth!
Meth heads!
Hey WTF your talking about one of your sisters, one of your real sisters!
looking after my own

Toronto, Canada

#9289 Apr 22, 2013
Truth is. I'm here to make money not friends. Truth is. I don't care if pensioners have to pay medical for their winters south. Truth is our union has absolutely no leverage. Truth is.No one from our local or international has an answer just how to get the leverage back and level the playing field.Truth is. I refuse to put my family in financial
hardship for nothing. And most important. Even the international is tired of the pensioners running both locals.
hardship for nothing.And most importantly even the international is tired of the pensioners running both locals.
stress for nothing. And most important. Truth is even the international is duck of the pensioners running both locals.
hardship and financial stress for a
losing cause. Truth is even the international is sick of the pensioners running both locals.
Vote No

Port Dover, Canada

#9290 Apr 22, 2013
looking after my own wrote:
Truth is. I'm here to make money not friends. Truth is. I don't care if pensioners have to pay medical for their winters south. Truth is our union has absolutely no leverage. Truth is.No one from our local or international has an answer just how to get the leverage back and level the playing field.Truth is. I refuse to put my family in financial
hardship for nothing. And most important. Even the international is tired of the pensioners running both locals.
hardship for nothing.And most importantly even the international is tired of the pensioners running both locals.
stress for nothing. And most important. Truth is even the international is duck of the pensioners running both locals.
losing cause. Truth is even the international is sick of the pensioners running both locals.
truth is you're an idiot....VOTE NO
justarodburner

Simcoe, Canada

#9291 Apr 22, 2013
WTF wrote:
Meth heads!
Really??, thats your concern ???

with all that is going on you actually wasted space here for a coment like that..
justarodburner

Simcoe, Canada

#9292 Apr 22, 2013
looking after my own wrote:
truth is you can always quit and go elsewhere
who took my pitas

Brampton, Canada

#9293 Apr 22, 2013
Who took my dam pitas
Useless Steel

Canada

#9294 Apr 22, 2013
So many spineless people who are worried about only themselves. These are the same people who will be sucking the unions balls when they do something wrong and their job is on the line with the just fire them mentality this company has. You can't have it both ways, either you support your union or do us all a favor and go somewhere else.
laker

Severn, Canada

#9295 Apr 22, 2013
we nees the international to negotiate for us. vote yes now Nd next contract contact international and ask them.to negotiate. therecomin in here anyways. Im a yes vote... we have no way to win this
till next contract

Toronto, Canada

#9296 Apr 22, 2013
Retirees . Please retire!!!!!!!
what to do

Simcoe, Canada

#9297 Apr 22, 2013
Well it was a decent meeting. I get where the union and all the senior people are coming from but i think i will vote yes. Just got a feeling if we say no it'll be longer than i can afford to get by. Not everyone will be happy whatever the outcome. Everyones situation is different and that affects our decision. God bless everyone not matter what happens.
LEW worker

Hamilton, Canada

#9298 Apr 22, 2013
WTF wrote:
Meth heads!
WTF, Mary had worked at the Coke Ovens while you were probably still pooping into your pampers. She was one of the hardest working people in the Ovens and knew every part of her job and the others guys as well. Mary has looked that way since I first met her in the 80's and I have never known her to use any drugs of any type.
Our fight is with the Company, not our fellow workers, not our retiress and certainly not with our negotiating committee.
Stop making up stupid shit and leave personal crap out of the conversation. Mary may be rough around the edges, but she would fight like a hellcat, even for you. You owe Mary a major apology.
grammer police

Waterloo, Canada

#9299 Apr 22, 2013
Timstakesapplications wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone is making a fortune from the "sweat of your brow"?? Please. The sweat off your brow wouldn't buy a coffee. We don't exactly go home drained from this place do we? Lots and LOTS work harder for less. But in your mind everyone is getting rich off you. Poor thing, you should have become the president of the company, then you could be rich off everyone else's sweat. Oh, but you would then be held responsible for things and have to answer for them. today, you just sit back and wait for someone else to pick up the slack. And if that doesn't happen, oh well. As long as you feed from the trough and never have to get your nose dirty.. Another "entitled" brat that should have been spanked more as a kid...\The only thing you'll show the "yanks" is your stupidity, and in 3 years from now, be even weaker for the buzzards to pick away at. Fight another day and stop whining, look around you and see how good you have it, instead of how much this world owes you.

Yup, here we have it folks, another idiot that probably doesn't even work for US Steal!! I'm not bitching or complaining about what I didn't get!!! Hell, I would have signed off on the same contract for the next 3 years!! But how am I going to roll over on the people that fought to keep this place what it is. Did you not see the raises the big wigs in Pittsburgh got!? I'm sorry, I don't think Armani makes oranges, so I highly doubt Surma has seen the inside of a mill.....with his own eyes anyways!! Its those ass-hats I'm refering to about getting rich off my sweat. You must be blind if you can't see the fact the company is concerned that we may strike. Did you NOT see what they took off the table when we voted on the strike mandate? I wasn't there when they locked everybody out, but I have family that works there, and was told at this time then, they had already moved in the sleeping quarters, and the food trailer......did you see them there yet? Dio you NOT know they are still going ahead with the blast furnace in May, or how about the fact they are still going ahead with the grinders in the roll shop!! They know we are talking strike, so man up, take of your wifes skirt, and stand up for what you have!! Or maybe YOU are the one that has had everything given to you, and don't know what if feels like to have things taken away!! 10% co-pay THIS time, but where do you honestly think that's heading!!?? You think this is just for the next 3 years so the company can "save" some money, and at the next contract they'll give it back!!?? Big business doesn't do that, you give in inch here, they'll take a mile there!! Think about the future!!!
International traders

Hamilton, Canada

#9300 Apr 22, 2013
So the international forces us to vote on a garbage contract that wide open with a lack of language that's going to bight us in the ass!

And they don't even show up to explain themselves? They send some goombah dummy and s he had to say is...board of directors in the states bla bla made a new rule that all votes shall now be a secret ballot. Who? When?Where? Why? And all he had to say is ...ahh I'm really not sure, "shrug shrug".
Great we belong to the Mickey Mouse club!
Seriously disappointing!
So much deceit in the American union and company.
WTF

Hamilton, Canada

#9301 Apr 22, 2013
LEW worker wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, Mary had worked at the Coke Ovens while you were probably still pooping into your pampers. She was one of the hardest working people in the Ovens and knew every part of her job and the others guys as well. Mary has looked that way since I first met her in the 80's and I have never known her to use any drugs of any type.
Our fight is with the Company, not our fellow workers, not our retiress and certainly not with our negotiating committee.
Stop making up stupid shit and leave personal crap out of the conversation. Mary may be rough around the edges, but she would fight like a hellcat, even for you. You owe Mary a major apology.
Sorry Mary? I wasn't talking about you.
Bad assumption buddy
till next contract

Toronto, Canada

#9302 Apr 22, 2013
Think about the future. I am and its not going to be the food bank thank you.
grammer police

Waterloo, Canada

#9303 Apr 22, 2013
till next contract wrote:
Think about the future. I am and its not going to be the food bank thank you.
You're right, not at THIS contract anyways!! Might see you there down the road though!! Too bad this is a secrete ballot...not to know who sold us out, but when the shit hits the fan, and you start getting screwed, we can point and laugh, and say we told you soooooo!! Hope you don't like what you're doing, bc if this goes through, you can be ANYWHERE doing ANYTHING in that pay grade!! So if you like what you're doing, you have to vote no, and hope for the best.
LEW worker

Hamilton, Canada

#9304 Apr 22, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Mary? I wasn't talking about you.
Bad assumption buddy
About the only woman who spoke was Mary, who else were you mouthing off about then?

"And how about that one who spoke from the floor at the 2pm meeting. Holy moly lay off the meth!"

Lie all you want to, we know you were slagging Mary

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Good and Bad about US Steel (Jan '11) Jun 6 really 63
News China's Hebei Iron & Steel says U.S. probe dama... Jun 5 marpy 1
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) May 29 MiniMiner 109
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) May '16 Mario Longhi 15,911
Poll Is Graham Carroll a rat? (Aug '13) Feb '16 Siles 58
More from around the web