Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
8782 Proud

Kitchener, Canada

#9224 Apr 22, 2013
whodat wrote:
Well I have made up my mind already. I've only been here for 10 years but a lot has changed in those years!
Truth be told is it worth the gamble to get locked out? If that happens how much are we going to lose?! The crane operators switch all the time between them, what's the big deal if you have to do a different job one day? I rather learn a new job then stay at mine all the time.
Everyone needs to make up there OWN mind and decide what this job is worth to them.
Silent vote equals yes for new contract. No-one bullying anyone around. Will be able to do what's right for MY family, and it will not be standing on the road for the whole summer whith NO JOB!!!!!!!! I will be voting YES to sign for this proposal. What will all the people do that want to strike do when the contract is accepted. Hopefully they quit and take this executive with them.

I cannot believe the amount of complaining about pay when LEW is one of the highest paying jobs in Southern Ontario. Let's face it we don't work that hard. I gaurantee we are going to have to work hard priming tobacco this year or cleaning toilets like that Lombardo at the Port Dover Arbor.

Anyways I am voting to accept the offer. MAybe you should too.
Donnyboy

Woodbridge, Canada

#9225 Apr 22, 2013
Just think about it, is US Steel trying to slowly break you down, with a work stoppage at every contract, so when they really come for you, you won't be in the financial shape to resist. If you work for under a crappy contract with no stoppage, your members will be better able to defend themselves later. US Steel is thinking 10-15 years out, the poorer they make you now, the easier it will be to clobber you tomorrow.

Consider voting yes for this crappy contract and start planning for not just the next contract but the next 3!
Kaput

Pittsburgh, PA

#9226 Apr 22, 2013
got out in 1999 wrote:
<quoted text> are you STUPID Stelco sold out for other reasons you idiot AMERICAN FOOL
Please enlighten me on what Stelco sold out for if it wasnt the CCAA.
Edd

Orangeville, Canada

#9227 Apr 22, 2013
Donnyboy wrote:
Just think about it, is US Steel trying to slowly break you down, with a work stoppage at every contract, so when they really come for you, you won't be in the financial shape to resist. If you work for under a crappy contract with no stoppage, your members will be better able to defend themselves later. US Steel is thinking 10-15 years out, the poorer they make you now, the easier it will be to clobber you tomorrow.
Consider voting yes for this crappy contract and start planning for not just the next contract but the next 3!
Typical union jibber jabber. I worry more about the union putting the screws to the company with work stoppages that results in closure at some point in the future just as it has in every other well paid union shop. Unions will never except less than everything. Just look at what happened at alll the union shops that paid well and closed over the last 10 years! The problem is, sometimes guys really don't realize just how good they have it.
who took my pitas

Toronto, Canada

#9228 Apr 22, 2013
You steel workers steal everything all I wanna know is who stole my pitas
Who melted the cheese

Caledon, Canada

#9229 Apr 22, 2013
I clean up after myself every damn day. All I want to know is who is the lazy prick that melted the cheese in the microwave
Who shat in the shower

Caledon, Canada

#9230 Apr 22, 2013
WTF! Really WTF?
Hotroller

Canada

#9231 Apr 22, 2013
Their won't be another contract! This is it and in 3 more years their won't be lake Erie or Hilton works so take while it's available. Will who's still stands against the deal in two weeks
Beeber

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#9232 Apr 22, 2013
Edd wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical union jibber jabber. I worry more about the union putting the screws to the company with work stoppages that results in closure at some point in the future just as it has in every other well paid union shop. Unions will never except less than everything. Just look at what happened at alll the union shops that paid well and closed over the last 10 years! The problem is, sometimes guys really don't realize just how good they have it.
You union guys are uneducated over paid retards. You all should be working flipping burgers with your grade nine education.Especially that monkey who was on the news with all the tatoos saying he wants to strike. Good luck finding another job.
Bob izumi

Toronto, Canada

#9233 Apr 22, 2013
Look at the end of the day we all know we can't take this crap contract so let just vote no and ill see u on the water
Master bates

Caledon, Canada

#9234 Apr 22, 2013
Look you all have seen the size of my head. Clearly in contains masses of knowledge. I'm telling you you must vote yes unless you want my head to explode its contents all over you.
Bubba

Canada

#9235 Apr 22, 2013
Beeber wrote:
<quoted text>You union guys are uneducated over paid retards. You all should be working flipping burgers with your grade nine education.Especially that monkey who was on the news with all the tatoos saying he wants to strike. Good luck finding another job.
F-you a-hole
Amazed

Toronto, Canada

#9236 Apr 22, 2013
Edd wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical union jibber jabber. I worry more about the union putting the screws to the company with work stoppages that results in closure at some point in the future just as it has in every other well paid union shop. Unions will never except less than everything. Just look at what happened at alll theunion shops that paid well and
closed over the last 10 years! The
problem is, sometimes guys really
don't realize just how good they
have it.
Problem is. Greedy corporations. They all outsource to third world countries where they make 60 bucks a month. How can North America workers compete with that. Sickening how they take advantage. No labour laws no environment laws no decent wages. Nice try Eddie Noone.
LEWser

Simcoe, Canada

#9237 Apr 22, 2013
Well, the last meeting was a waste of gas money...nothing learned there. I will be voting yes on this contract and hopefully others will too...if we strike, we'll be on the street forever and if we come back, it will be to this contract right here. The union has said we want "stand pat"...so is every guy willing to throw away a year's wages for that?? Why the hell would we strike then? Why not just keep coming to work for "stand pat" and let the company pull the trigger...???
Beeber

#9238 Apr 22, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
F-you a-hole
Truth must hurt. Go on strike, you get shit for public support. People don't give a shit about you and think your all over paid lazy workers anyway. What do you have grade nine education. Can't teach a old dog new tricks.
Beeber

#9239 Apr 22, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
F-you a-hole
Actually I got a job for you as a Walmart greeter you can spread all your misinformation to the public on how hard done by you are. Go tell somebody who makes $10 per hour how bad you have it and are getting screwed.
Frank

#9240 Apr 22, 2013
Why even argue with that guy who has the handle bubba. Probably some fat old senior guy who does nothing but complain but would be the first one in line to come back as a retired p-temp. Solidarity my ASS
Mike

#9241 Apr 22, 2013
These pensioners were the same guys who you out on the street for.... Some of these clowns on here spreading b.llsh.t will also be on pension soon. Look out for yourselves boys. Most of the senior guys all have done the same over the years.
Lars

#9242 Apr 22, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
F-you a-hole
Real tough until your income is cut off....You must be a scab....a overtime hound ...we know how you guys are..
Kessel

#9243 Apr 22, 2013
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text> Problem is. Greedy corporations. They all outsource to third world countries where they make 60 bucks a month. How can North America workers compete with that. Sickening how they take advantage. No labour laws no environment laws no decent wages. Nice try Eddie Noone.
Who is that????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Nov 29 Pittsburgh Paints 16,071
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) Oct '16 slovene 113
More from around the web