Cheerleader

Canada

#9181 Apr 21, 2013
Random thought ... what if everyone just wrote FU on their ballot ? What would they do with 1000 spoiled ballots ???
auto worker

Niagara Falls, NY

#9182 Apr 21, 2013
auto worker wrote:
Quote: Global demand expected to rise 3.2% this year. World Steel Assc. Jan 2013
Quote: Recent increases in our daily order entry suggest increase spot market demand as the quarter progresses. John P Surma New York Times 2013/01/30
www.nadaq.com/article/fitch Rates U.S. Steels proposed $250mm Sr Convertible Notes and $250mm Sr Notes 'BB'(march 20, 2013)(pension obligation until 2016)
Quote: The steel industry will benefit from strong momentum in the automotive markets. source Finance.yahoo.com/news/steel industry stock outlook-march 2013
USS wants a deal done and 8782 should continue to bargain as long as the scab training does not continue. Time for 8782 to $cash in$

VOTE NO
justarodburner

Simcoe, Canada

#9183 Apr 21, 2013
next time there are hand outs at the gate i hope i get a better looking girl
auto worker

Niagara Falls, NY

#9184 Apr 21, 2013
auto worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the facts or not all the facts??? I read the same article as you did, you failed to mention that auto steel shipments will increase and you are wrong the article predicts prices to increase for automotive steel. USS stock is down like last quarter when they paid out dividends. USS is divided into 3 segments USSE (europe), flat rolled products and tubular products. They are hoping flat rolled (auto) gets them through these tough times.
Oh yeah we all know where LEW steel ends up. Auto industry is in good times, good profits, and right here in USS Canada's back yard.
It's now for LEW do not waste this opportunity to get what you deserve. VOTE NO
auto worker

Niagara Falls, NY

#9185 Apr 21, 2013
auto worker wrote:
the spec.com/news/business/article/919587
manufacturing sales jump in febuary biggest gain since july 2011.
Sales of autos led the charge.
LEW's HRC is in high demand. Pretty sure that they USS is desperate for a contract (getting international involved has yet to happen in the last 2 lockouts (8782&1005) and if you vote NO they will have a 3rd final offer and maybe a 4th final offer. Hang in there.
lake guy

Simcoe, Canada

#9186 Apr 21, 2013
auto worker wrote:
<quoted text>
VOTE NO
I don't know if we need to "cash in," but certainly the "you've got to vote yes else we'll never work again" is not justified. This contract has been forced on us right after a 72 hour scare. Voting no doesn't mean you'll lose your home! Just means that you don't agree with the terms, simple as that. No one wants to get greedy. We just don't want to be miserable for the next 30 years because of new contract language that sets up the work force to turn on each other. We want a contract thats fair for both sides!
Little Guy

Grimsby, Canada

#9187 Apr 21, 2013
lake guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo. They sent out the letter to all the foremen in an obvious attempt to push us into voting. Never happened. Then someone got the union involved. Then they hand out a sweet letter and a smile at the gate. Last lockout it was "here's the door."
Were not going out for long, if at all, if we vote no.
I agree, the last time around they were not being very nice at all. They were certified class one A-Holes.

The company wants us working. They will give us a better deal if we say NO to this one.

There's too much work left to do on the blast furnace. Of course they won't bother fixing the bag house, jeez that would cost too much. Nothing like a lung full of smoke, iron, graphite and shiny disco dust. Fcuking cheap American bastards.
Fries With That

Hamilton, Canada

#9188 Apr 21, 2013
Pickle line guy wrote:
<quoted text>
As a 32 yr employee of Nelson / Ussc pickle I would gladly take a layoff like the last one if it meant the wages, language , benefits were preserved in your agreement. You work to hard, to long to give in to this company. What Ussc does here reflects on what they will do during our contract talks next August. To Freg & the boys , Keep up the good work !
You won't have a contract next August, don't worry about it, Hamilton either. No company, no job and certainly no pension. Are you not worried about our future. First words out of your kids mouths were Mom and Dad and with any proper upbringing I hope the next would have been Please and Thank You. Please can I have a job here and Thank You for the opportunity. What has happened. Go to work, do your job and get paid every 2 weeks. The union won't even argue about that.
Chufter

Brantford, Canada

#9189 Apr 21, 2013
lake guy wrote:
job class system is only going to cause us grief! Imagine the backstabbing and animosity that will occur when a 2 year ass kisser makes top rate and a 10 year guy is stuck as the utility person. Ass kissing and preferential treatment will run rampant.
think before you vote
This is exactly why unions were created.......
lake guy

Simcoe, Canada

#9190 Apr 21, 2013
Little Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, the last time around they were not being very nice at all. They were certified class one A-Holes.
The company wants us working. They will give us a better deal if we say NO to this one.
There's too much work left to do on the blast furnace. Of course they won't bother fixing the bag house, jeez that would cost too much. Nothing like a lung full of smoke, iron, graphite and shiny disco dust. Fcuking cheap American bastards.
Exactly! I feel like the word should be spread on why to vote no.

Firstly, to show our support to committee. We may not always agree with what goes on there, or they're chosen method of communication, but having a solidified base sure is more comfortable than the desolate wasteland of compassion which is U.S Steel's HR department. Sorry, IR department. HR sounds too... humane.

Secondly, if we vote yes to this, we'll be stuck with this. Besides benefits being slashed, adding a $300 bill to our mounting pile, we will also lose our ability to grieve wage discrepencies, an issue that will be huge once this contract talk hooplah has settled down. Company wants to bill you as a Utility Person during downtime? Non-grievable. Get the learners rate while you wait for the foreman to qualify you? Non-grievable. There's so many discrepancies that, if experience is any teacher, the company will exploit.

Thirdly, were not voting to lose our homes and have our wives leave us, and our kids call us "week-end daddy". This is scare-tactic nonsense. Last lockout was a recession. Those who weren't laid-off were locked out. The plant was shut down. Do you really think millions of dollars would be invested into the blast furnace, the BOF, new kresses, etc, if they didn't have every intention of running? If a millionaire loses a $20 bill in the couch cushions, he still looks for it. People with money don't waste money just because they have lots of it. Companies with money don't close down a plant to "make a point." Certainly the changes we vote on won't cost that much money, if any.

Voting no won't put us on the street. It will give us more time to discuss whats important to the membership, the issues we raise on Monday. Voting yes because of these nonsense scare tatics is just plain silly, in my opinion. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Fries With That

Hamilton, Canada

#9191 Apr 21, 2013
TimsTakesApplications wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE, do not compare yourself in any way shape or form to those that fought in wars for our freedom, you egotistical whiner. If your environment is so bad, leave. I don't believe USS or Stelco came to your house and recruited you for your vast talents. The door swings both ways. Go. Whine somewhere else cause we're alll tired of listening to you here.
Have to agree with you Tim's. Quit, find another job that pay's as well. Take a look around, your friends, neighbours, kids. Do they make as much and work as hard as you do and do they aspire to be the person that you are.
ahhhhh

Canada

#9192 Apr 21, 2013
No no no no no ... well... yes yes ...ah ...maybe no....maybe yes ...ahhhh fugck I don't know ! Yes yes absolutley no. Withhold my vote spoil my ballot.
Boner votes NO

Guelph, Canada

#9193 Apr 21, 2013
[b]job class system is only going to cause us grief! Imagine the backstabbing and animosity that will occur when a 2 year ass kisser makes top rate and a 10 year guy is stuck as the utility person. Ass kissing and preferential treatment will run rampant.
think before you vote[/b]
VOTE NO!!!!!
bry

Brantford, Canada

#9194 Apr 21, 2013
Please vote no! It's been guys like you that have made us at dofasco live the good life all these years! You wonder why we don't want your union? Morons.
Family First

Hamilton, Canada

#9195 Apr 21, 2013
A Real Man, Is Strong, Focused, Knows The Importance of Family, Dosen't Gossip, A Real Man's Word is His Bond, Strives To Be A Role Model, Makes His Own Future, Keeps His House in Order and can Defend Himself. Can any of you relate to this. If you honestly believe we do and HONEST DAY'S WORK FOR AN HONEST DAY'S WORK than WALK.
lake guy

Simcoe, Canada

#9196 Apr 21, 2013
Family First wrote:
A Real Man, Is Strong, Focused, Knows The Importance of Family, Dosen't Gossip, A Real Man's Word is His Bond, Strives To Be A Role Model, Makes His Own Future, Keeps His House in Order and can Defend Himself. Can any of you relate to this. If you honestly believe we do and HONEST DAY'S WORK FOR AN HONEST DAY'S WORK than WALK.
Many of us do. It's not about sweating it out everyday. It's knowledge of how to do our job, and taking pride in our work. And it's not a walk or work proposal. We can still keep communication open. No one is trying to be the "greedy union guy" here. Just trying to use reason and foresight to avoid the glaring pitfalls in the contract.
George costanza

Richmond Hill, Canada

#9197 Apr 21, 2013
Any word on the Gary works blast furnace breaking down? Is this true? Can it help us?
Vote No

Port Dover, Canada

#9198 Apr 21, 2013
sleep on it and you will come up with the only reasonable solution.....Vote No
Hotroller

Kitchener, Canada

#9199 Apr 21, 2013
Some people can't see the forest for the trees...the future isnt looking too bright for some of the "intelligent, honest working" steel mill employees. Never in my life had i met more lazy and moronic people in one place. Good f***ing ridence, I'm retiring ASAP
Aaa

Guelph, Canada

#9200 Apr 21, 2013
Some calculations were done under the new level system and it is completely bogus.. We gotta reject this.. Have talked with co-workers who were under the system and said it was completely terrible!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) 11 hr Demon monkey 15,571
great lakes steel mill (Feb '09) Thu Former rat coworker 6,714
News People on the Move May 15 Mike 2 2
My successful weight-loss story ;) Apr 27 Gee man 2
New Steelworker (Jan '12) Apr 27 Gee man 89
I need my ex lover back now (Aug '13) Apr '15 Mrs Sonia 36
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone wit... (May '13) Apr '15 gregorynewton787 53
More from around the web