Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
scared steelworker

Woodstock, Canada

#8868 Apr 19, 2013
rolling stone wrote:
How the hell can we vote on this when there isn't even a pay scale . Level 3 level 4 doesn't mean shit without numbers. I can't figure out my pay rate so how can we say yes to this . We could be going back to a 5$ cut in pay . can someone give some insight to this . thank you
I agree but according to the union web site the offer is going to be put on the site tomorrow,then i guess we vote on it???Seems like a lot to digest in a very short time.Either way we are screwed,now their talk about layoffs were seniority mean nothing?
LEW

Hamilton, Canada

#8869 Apr 19, 2013
Looked at the deal, i think this will be the best we get at this time. I can't believe the Electronics and Instrumentation trades are a job class 8. Get rid of both and split between electrical and millwrights.
8782 worker

Hamilton, Canada

#8870 Apr 19, 2013
scared steelworker wrote:
<quoted text> I agree but according to the union web site the offer is going to be put on the site tomorrow,then i guess we vote on it???Seems like a lot to digest in a very short time.Either way we are screwed,now their talk about layoffs were seniority mean nothing?
The "offer" is posted there right now in its entirety. Has been for hours.
LEWser

Simcoe, Canada

#8871 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text> I agree but according to the union web site the offer is going to be put on the site tomorrow,then i guess we vote on it???Seems like a lot to digest in a very short time.Either way we are screwed,now their talk about layoffs were seniority mean nothing?
the offer is there now...you just click the link and it will open...
8782 worker

Hamilton, Canada

#8872 Apr 19, 2013
had enough wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to vote on the contract on tuesday. If we had started the clock it would have expired before then. I say start the clock sat night at midnight. Allow it to expire right after the vote. Stay strong brothers and sisters. Vote NO
if you want to go on strike without strike pay go for it. Most of the members want some pay.
8782 worker

Hamilton, Canada

#8873 Apr 19, 2013
It is directly below this "Company's Final Position" on the home page.
BOSC

Simcoe, Canada

#8874 Apr 19, 2013
had enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta be a white hat posting this
No, honestly, just a guy who was out of work for 13 months only 4 short years ago...I did survive it, but not sure I can do it again so quickly after the last time. It's wages that we'll never get back....would be easier to fight if the market was better but it's not
Surma

Woodstock, Canada

#8875 Apr 19, 2013
Suck it Surma wrote:
Unless there is a carwash in the contract, vote that garbage down!! NO CARWASH/NO CONTRCT
.......Well we will threw a cheap toaster in the offer if that helps
LEWser

Simcoe, Canada

#8876 Apr 19, 2013
LEW wrote:
Looked at the deal, i think this will be the best we get at this time. I can't believe the Electronics and Instrumentation trades are a job class 8. Get rid of both and split between electrical and millwrights.
Hahaha, agreed. But you're right, best deal we're gonna get in this economic world right now...hate to admit it, but it's true.
Bubba US Stink

Colborne, Canada

#8877 Apr 19, 2013
LEWser wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you....so i guess you agree. The copay is not bad at all...$300/family...so basically you only have to pay 10% of drugs until you reach a max of $300 (not per person but per family)...and we still don't pay anything for dental. Not bad if you ask me.
The cola was great, but let's face it, it was in the crosshairs for a while now, we all knew that. What other company provides this?? We had it until now, but time to let it go.
I think the international knows something that we don't, why else would they force a vote. I'm scared we'll all strike just to take this deal down the road. We will NEVER make this money back...think about it brothers and sisters
This is not a good deal there are no $$$ figures on the job classes
Broadbanding is the DEATH of us all VOTE NO! if your even going to vote Im not! i've already voted Twice! NO, and a motion was put out there to START the clock anhd now the union is ignoreing wht the membership want ?????? what is the point?????
8782 worker

Hamilton, Canada

#8878 Apr 19, 2013
Surma

Woodstock, Canada

#8879 Apr 19, 2013
8782 worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Never done there, pick another place. Think closer to where they come from. Do you even know what segments are?
changes the size of the diameter of a coil.
Surma

Woodstock, Canada

#8880 Apr 19, 2013
LEWser wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, agreed. But you're right, best deal we're gonna get in this economic world right now...hate to admit it, but it's true.
.....really we want the union to vote no
LEW

Hamilton, Canada

#8881 Apr 19, 2013
I agree with you totally.Get the word out we need to take this offer to keep working. I'm voting yes
LEWser wrote:
<quoted text>
8782 worker

Hamilton, Canada

#8882 Apr 19, 2013
Bubba US Stink wrote:
<quoted text>
Broadbanding is the DEATH of us all VOTE NO! if your even going to vote Im not! i've already voted Twice! NO, and a motion was put out there to START the clock anhd now the union is ignoreing wht the membership want ?????? what is the point?????
Your no vote is needed. Don't waste it. Show Gerard and Conway 8782 will fight for a fair deal. Like the one they negotiated for the American Locals last September.
Mayor Rob Ford

Woodstock, Canada

#8883 Apr 19, 2013
Bubba US Stink wrote:
<quoted text>
......Whoa settle down Bubba this is the best deal your gona get.
had enough

Waterloo, Canada

#8884 Apr 19, 2013
8782 worker wrote:
<quoted text>
if you want to go on strike without strike pay go for it. Most of the members want some pay.
Read what I posted. I said to start the clock sat night so it expires tuesday AFTER we have voted. That way we are wasting no time when it gets voted down again.
Hammer

Dundas, Canada

#8885 Apr 19, 2013
Save your money and your fight for another day, there is always winners and losers in every contract, and they will be back asking for more in a very short three years, the economy might be stronger and so may your position, this is not the end of the war just the start of it.....
Surma

Woodstock, Canada

#8886 Apr 19, 2013
8782 worker wrote:
<quoted text>

Has US Steel ever lied to us before?
.....No when did we ever lie ??
8782 worker

Hamilton, Canada

#8887 Apr 19, 2013
Surma wrote:
<quoted text>changes the size of the diameter of a coil.
100% incorrect. The members of local 8782 who actually make steel all know what a segment is. PS, wrong mill also.

There is nothing that changes the diameter of a coil unless you cut it shorter using a shear. We call those pony coils

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Steel physical and drug test taking to long!... Jun 22 Waiting4USsteel 36
News Daniel Beiser (May '08) Jun 21 Granite Hard Forever 2
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Jun 17 The Big Short 16,397
the pre-employment drug test!!!! (Jun '11) May 26 Slime 9
Work hours Apr '17 Us steel 5
Why is U.S. Steel buying slabs from a competitor? Apr '17 Speedy Gonzales 6
News Stock Jumping Abnormally High: United States St... Mar '17 Alternate Truth Inc 1
More from around the web