Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Has anyone seen U.S. Steel stock price lately? It has dropped more than $10 a share in only a couple of months, so what does that tell you? When you guys fold like a deck of cards, it might help save the whole corporation with this offer!
Real Hunk Of Bull

Dundas, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Who That wrote:
Has anyone seen U.S. Steel stock price lately? It has dropped more than $10 a share in only a couple of months, so what does that tell you? When you guys fold like a deck of cards, it might help save the whole corporation with this offer!
i guess they should have thought of that before they gave all the US workers a big raise and signing bonus
Real Hunk Of Bull

Dundas, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

and paint things
sure not worth walking

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Offer is. Max 5 wks. Vac.
Formula change to cola
Co- payments medical.
Where do we sign.
Grease Monkey

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Let's show these guys what we are made of, take no prisoners!
8782usw

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

LEW wrote:
As far as retires being at the meeting, they shouldn't be, you retired and therefore have no say in the new contract, I will vote for what is in the best interest of me and going forward, I have a house and family to pay for. Will you be there on the picket line with me or help me buy groceries, i don't think so.
You arrogant little twert. You have no idea what we fought for. We're the reason you get the wages you have to today. We;re the reason you have one of the best jobs in Ontario for someone without an education.
Have some respect, you should know what a union is...
paidup

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

8782usw wrote:
<quoted text>
You arrogant little twert. You have no idea what we fought for. We're the reason you get the wages you have to today. We;re the reason you have one of the best jobs in Ontario for someone without an education.
Have some respect, you should
know what a union is...
And your the reason were voting YES. Why you even out of bed. Up for your third piss I'm guessing. Waaaaaa
Kim Jung un

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Real Hunk Of Bull wrote:
anyone ever consider they might lock us in, against our will. then we would be slave labour and able to compete with China.
Don't give em any ideas
definite picketer

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

paidup wrote:
<quoted text> And your the reason were voting YES. Why you even out of bed. Up for your third piss I'm guessing. Waaaaaa
"were voting YES'- who exactly is "we"?
Little Guy

Grimsby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

lake guy wrote:
these comments are unsettling. we need a trades union bad.
Bingo!
Little Guy

Grimsby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Just another white hat wrote:
Just for the record, we are not all out to f#%! You guys! We don't want this to happen anymore then you do.(At least I don't) Not only do I not want to see any of you guys screwed by the company, but I believe we will all be screwed. I think if there is a work stoppage, who's to say LEW will ever start back up after?(LEW is nothing to them except another competitor squashed) We will all be out of a job and I also have a family to think about, so I feel for all of you. Sure, I will be paid to be locked in, but that only means I have more time to look for my next job. I wish everyone the best! Try to remember that it's the Big Wigs in the US that is doing this, not the the white hats at LEW. We have no control over these events.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries. I fart in your general direction.

Oh, and I spit in the office coffee too.
Little Guy

Grimsby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

sure not worth walking wrote:
Offer is. Max 5 wks. Vac.
Formula change to cola
Co- payments medical.
Where do we sign.
Great, while yer at it, where's Jimmy Hofa?
laptop guy

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

LEW is not STELCO, it is now a foreign company who is not involved locally, who does not care about the community or its people or their concerns. uss is a global steel industry that is ONLY concerned with profits for shareholders. uss involvement in the ontario community is only to pay fines related to their legal issues with the federal govt. these fines uss has initiated to pretend to be donations to various charities for probably tax dedutions to make uss look like good citizens of their communities...WHAT...NOBODY BELEIVES THAT USS WOULD GIVE A FOOD BANK A NICKEL IF THEY DIDNT HAVE TOO. i read in spectator uss and the ymca have formed a relationship to provide disabilty people options to therapy...whats their scam on that is...
Former LEW Worker

Otterville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Hey everyone I Felt I had to post my thoughts here. This seems like such deja-vu as I'm sure everyone who was here (as in this prediciment and on this website lol) just 3 short years ago. I was hired and did my apprenticeship under the Stleco name and I was actualy proud to work for them and felt very lucky for everything we had. I really enjoyed working at the lake as a proud canadian steelworker and thought I would work there for life. I was also proud to be a union member.
Well then these Bastards Us steel came along to save the day when times seemed uncertain. It did not take long for them to start stripping everything that made it nice to work out at the lake and change the atmosphere and attitudes of everyone that worked there. It was depressing to see what I had thought was a secure job/lifestyle dissapearing and changing into something I was not proud to tell family and friends of how nice we had it. Instead it was what they are takin from us today. First chance they had they started to take What those before us worked so hard and stuck together to earn. Took away the pension plan for any new hires among other things. This is after laying most of us for 13 months. The world is getting more expensive in everything we do but we are getting more and more taken away. People say its not like it used to be or the good days are over. Everyone should be fighting for the middle class working man. Anyways I'm getting outa hand here.

It did not take a rocket scientist to see that I did not want to leave my future in this Companys hands because If They just want to take take take this time and absolutly no give in return then what will I be left with in 30 years(will I even still be alowed to retire in 30 years by then) or 20 years after I retire and still rely on there pension which I was still under the old pension plan. Who will fight/fund that in the future when no one is even a part of it anymore except retirees.
NO FUK!N WAY was I gonna even let them have that chance.
While layed off I took steps to leave and Got hired at a non unionized automotive plant. It did not take long for me to see the value of working for a company that knows the value of treating there employees above fairly to keep the employees proud and happy to work for them and actually work hard to help keep moving the companys and everyones future ahead for everyone now and into the decades ahead.

Is it really worth it having everything that's been earned bieng up for grabs every contract. Especially with a companys trackrecord like theese goons. I thought a Union was necessary to fight for the workers rights and help everyone gain a better lifestyle as the company prospers. Is this necessary or is it necessary to work for a company that does all this without having to get all the workers to fight for every piece of the pie that we all earn together.

Well sorry for blabbing on its just I feel for everyone who is worried for there's and there familys future as I was reading all the hype and gossip on this website 3 years ago after getting my lifestyle turned upside down from these a$$ holess US Steal. Do What's best for you but Don't let them win.

Written from an Outsider who was a former insider
Signed -Writing On the wall

P.S how many of the ppl who did there apprenticeship thru Stelco/Us Steal from Mohawk still work there sticking it thru? They were flying out of there like Canadian Geese for the winter by the time I left. Us steal stopped takin apprentices and just started hiring ticketed guys off the street. If anyone has a comment on that I'm curious!

Hey To All the Guys in Coke Ovens Blast furnace. I miss a lot of ya. One of the things I do miss about that place. Had some good times
wtf

Branchton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

anyone need a part - job !! LEW has lots of openings now and plenty more to come.
the big down fall is they don't care about you or your families health issues. Even though in many cases the workers exposure to industrial by-products is the cause of the required medical treatments. Maybe if we notify the US Steel ethics committee this can all be resolved.
ha ha just kidding, americans with ethics thats a good one !!
paidup

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Funny. How its been on the 1005 site for a day and a half.
Been there Done That

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Here we go again. This is what we can expect for these Orange Rangatangs at the end of every contract. There is No honour among thieves , as these lying ,cheating ,thoughtless , heartless money grubbing SOB's prove day in day out. Why did anyone expect them to negotiate fairly when they spent the last 3 years violating every part of the current agreement ( never bothered to even print it )
So if you accept their LAST offer what makes you thing they will honour any of it ? Remember you pound one nail they don't call you a Carpenter , BUT lie, cheat and break all your promises they will call you USS Steal.
Kim Jung un

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Been there Done That wrote:
Here we go again. This is what we can expect for these Orange Rangatangs at the end of every contract. There is No honour among thieves , as these lying ,cheating ,thoughtless , heartless money grubbing SOB's prove day in day out. Why did anyone expect them to negotiate fairly when they spent the last 3 years violating every part of the current agreement ( never bothered to even print it )
So if you accept their LAST offer what makes you thing they will honour any of it ? Remember you pound one nail they don't call you a Carpenter , BUT lie, cheat and break all your promises they will call you USS Steal.
Jesus was a carpenter, and look at what U.S. Steel did to him.
Prince

Brantford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Drk wrote:
<quoted text>
Big words behind a monitor tough guy, blanchette?
Kiss my Little Red Corvette.
Skin mill dogger

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

NO TOASTERS/ NO CONTRACT

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,441 - 8,460 of21,683
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the United States Steel Forum right now

Search the United States Steel Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) 51 min Baaaa 14,243
Us Steel Hiring Apr 17 Parttimer 1
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone wit... (May '13) Apr 15 Hone 45
Join the great illuminati and meet jayz Contect... Apr 6 Amos 1
Join the great illuminati in America Conant+234... Apr 6 Amos 1
great lakes steel mill (Feb '09) Apr 1 Jeff 6,699
I need my ex lover back now (Aug '13) Apr 1 James morgan 34
•••
•••