brother

Stoney Creek, Canada

#8610 Apr 17, 2013
Hey there bou LEW what do you mean retirees should not be at the meeting when you guys decide on my benefit PACKAGE I DO HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE THERE ......DICKWEED
brother

Stoney Creek, Canada

#8611 Apr 17, 2013
Pensioners cant and shouldnt have to pay $300 for the benefits...We dont get wage increases etc.
lake guy

Ottawa, Canada

#8612 Apr 17, 2013
My idea of a contract wrote:
Just heard there are still 3 issues fergie does not like. He would not say which ones, but i believe they are vacations, cola and benefits. Benefits we won't win, the US have it and so does our white hats, we will have to take it, hopefully fergie can get the $300 dropped or lowered. The vacations hopefully we can keep the sixth week but I doubt it so we will be down to five weeks, maybe try and see if we can bank a week of OT for a extra week. The COLA will be gone as we actually slipped that in last contract and they don't like it. Hopefully get a little raise in exchange but if not we still make good money. We all need to look at this ask myself. Is paying a little for your health worth going on the street for a year worth it, you will lose a years wages, house car etc over $600. Times are changing and the days of getting everything are over, just look at recent contracts with other companies.
yup it is

Since: May 11

Canada

#8613 Apr 17, 2013
brother wrote:
Pensioners cant and shouldnt have to pay $300 for the benefits...We dont get wage increases etc.
And we do get wage increases dumb a$$
8782 Proud

Cambridge, Canada

#8614 Apr 17, 2013
With the negotiating committee we have now we might as well not have one. We need results not holidays in Vancouver. Maybe its time to let the tired horses (executive) go. Move on with a new executive. The old have become complacent and obviously have their own agenda. I am sure Fergie will still have no problem sleeping at night as he will still get his full pay while the others are eating ketchup packs.
brother

Stoney Creek, Canada

#8615 Apr 17, 2013
The only thing you get Tills is up the a$$
Not a White HAt

Kitchener, Canada

#8616 Apr 17, 2013
brother wrote:
The only thing you get Tills is up the a$$
Hey brother you should think twice before you start insulting any of the represented employees that hold a VOTE.... you are making the retirees look bad. If that's the attitude your going to have stay home nobody wants you there.
John Surma

Toronto, Canada

#8617 Apr 17, 2013
To late. I had bountiful raises and indexing to give. But. No Very!

Since: Dec 09

Hamilton, Canada

#8619 Apr 17, 2013
8782 Proud wrote:
With the negotiating committee we have now we might as well not have one. We need results not holidays in Vancouver. Maybe its time to let the tired horses (executive) go. Move on with a new executive. The old have become complacent and obviously have their own agenda. I am sure Fergie will still have no problem sleeping at night as he will still get his full pay while the others are eating ketchup packs.
Lets stop that full pay bullshit before it begins. All active members of Local 8782 will get the exact same strike pay, the negotiating committee included. Is has been that way since my first strike in 1981 and it continues to today.

What makes you idiots think Fergie is in Vancouver anyway?
LEW

Dundas, Canada

#8620 Apr 17, 2013
There should be just a meeting for you guys, I agree they should not touch the package you retired with, i will support you there. I just think at the mail meetings it should just be the workers that are voting on the current deal, that way they get to hear it from the union and decide for themselves instead of all the BS that gets said.
brother wrote:
LEW

Dundas, Canada

#8621 Apr 17, 2013
I see they are talking the crane down today, we should have played the strike card before this happened, US steel stalled our union last weekend long enough to use the crane and now it is too late to keep it inside. we gave the strike mandate, for what reason we never used it. We might as well take the deal, go back to work and make money. As in the past LEW and Hamilton contracts we will sit for 8 to 10 months until we start losing our homes and cars and then go back for the same offer. We took concessions 3 yrs ago, new pension plan and no indexing. Please look at the big piture before you vote.
laker

Guelph, Canada

#8622 Apr 17, 2013
8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets stop that full pay bullshit before it begins. All active members of Local 8782 will get the exact same strike pay, the negotiating committee included. Is has been that way since my first strike in 1981 and it continues to today.
What makes you idiots think Fergie is in Vancouver anyway?
I agree the pensioners should be informed but they have no reason to be in meeting id there are not enough chairs they need to move out.
rolling stone

Brantford, Canada

#8623 Apr 17, 2013
If there is something in this meeting to do with the pensioners than i think they should be at the meeting . All of them .I think retirees shouldnt have to pay this extra money either. At the end of the day they are putting their trust in us because they don't have a vote. I still believe that nobody knows what the offer is either . In hamilton I think the cola got rolled in to the hourly wage .I know that all new county staff hal/nor have to pay 100$ a month for benifits 1200$ a year.
Bubba US Stinks

Canada

#8624 Apr 17, 2013
LEW wrote:
I see they are talking the crane down today, we should have played the strike card before this happened, US steel stalled our union last weekend long enough to use the crane and now it is too late to keep it inside. we gave the strike mandate, for what reason we never used it. We might as well take the deal, go back to work and make money. As in the past LEW and Hamilton contracts we will sit for 8 to 10 months until we start losing our homes and cars and then go back for the same offer. We took concessions 3 yrs ago, new pension plan and no indexing. Please look at the big piture before you vote.
Grow some balls what you give up now will be gone FOREVER think about that when you vote also think about who might be negotiating next contract what track record will they have with this company ( none ) Fergie won't be around forever!
Be very Careful what you wish for!
E Furnace

Canada

#8625 Apr 17, 2013
Breaking news, Hamilton's blast furnace scheduled to start. Contractors moving in, in the next few weeks.
LEW

Dundas, Canada

#8626 Apr 17, 2013
maybe you should wake up, we will have what the americans have or we won't be working. They have a 80/20 split on benefits so we will have it or we won't work. We will have to give up the 7th week vacation. I hope we can keep the cola or somekind of a raise but is losing a years wage worth it all, not to me it isn't
QUOTE who="Bubba US Stinks"]<quoted text>
Grow some balls what you give up now will be gone FOREVER think about that when you vote also think about who might be negotiating next contract what track record will they have with this company ( none ) Fergie won't be around forever!
Be very Careful what you wish for
Useless steal terrorists

Canada

#8628 Apr 17, 2013
Take this contract like a real estate deal
Never accept the first offer that is offered if they want it they will negotiate a better offer !!
Unless your a chicken sh/t newbee that couldn't care less about anyone of his coworkers, you will probably accept any concession because you don't know what the older guys sacrificed to get those benefits
Like Bubba said Be Very Careful what you wish for!
coke pusher

Canada

#8629 Apr 17, 2013
E Furnace wrote:
Breaking news, Hamilton's blast furnace scheduled to start. Contractors moving in, in the next few weeks.
I heard this too from a very reliable source!
lake guy

Ottawa, Canada

#8630 Apr 17, 2013
LEW wrote:
maybe you should wake up, we will have what the americans have or we won't be working. They have a 80/20 split on benefits so we will have it or we won't work. We will have to give up the 7th week vacation. I hope we can keep the cola or somekind of a raise but is losing a years wage worth it all, not to me it isn't
QUOTE who="Bubba US Stinks"]<quoted text>
Be very Careful what you wish for
they have you and everyone who relies on you under their thumb eh? that sucks man. shouldn't have bought so much shit.
LEW

Dundas, Canada

#8631 Apr 17, 2013
BS
E Furnace wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Dec 18 Used and abused 15,199
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone wit... (May '13) Dec 17 cartjohnson 51
transfer videos between android and computer Dec 17 marleeyoung 5
JOIN THE GREAT ILLUMINATI to get rich and famou... Nov '14 Mike 2 2
U.S. Supreme Court weighs fight over changing c... (Nov '13) Nov '14 FurFaukSakes 7
i need my ex husband back to me Nov '14 Toto2015 3
S tilhaus Kitchens Warrington Oct '14 Anonymous 1
More from around the web