Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
laker

Caledon, Canada

#8634 Apr 17, 2013
Why Thurs now. Frig sakes seriously no planning how could the union not have a hall set aside ready for this. Grrrrrrr
From your Mommy

Toronto, Canada

#8635 Apr 17, 2013
laker wrote:
Why Thurs now. Frig sakes seriously no planning how could the union not have a hall set aside ready for this. Grrrrrrr
It's because your bitching so much!
If you can do better run in the next election I'm sure you'll win on that platform alone.......
lake guy

Canada

#8636 Apr 17, 2013
laker wrote:
all the people "in the know" really seem to lack empathy for all us whose jobs lie on the line
LEW

Hamilton, Canada

#8637 Apr 17, 2013
Just remember if we get locked out No EI this time, look it up on the unemployment website. Only $250 a week, not many bills get paid with that.
Annoyed

Canada

#8638 Apr 17, 2013
I feel like a mushroom. Kept in the dark and being fed bullshit...
lake guy

Canada

#8639 Apr 17, 2013
Annoyed wrote:
I feel like a mushroom. Kept in the dark and being fed bullshit...
and being charged $1200 a year for the privilege
Lewster

Hamilton, Canada

#8640 Apr 17, 2013
E Furnace wrote:
Breaking news, Hamilton's blast furnace scheduled to start. Contractors moving in, in the next few weeks.
That's the biggest load of BS that's ever been posted here so far!!! There is 6 months worth of work for hundreds of contractors to get Hamilton any where near ready to make steel.
The economy didn't flip over night buddy...
E Furnace

Canada

#8641 Apr 17, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
no blast furnace start up. BOF is cold idled no steam no power its dead.
You don't know wtf your talking about
Skin mill dogger

Canada

#8642 Apr 17, 2013
I hope the union gets our #1 want out of this contract.... Our toasters back!
Steve tyler

Canada

#8643 Apr 17, 2013
What's with the all hail fergie?? The guy is a total puttz, same the whole union committee. Im sure the suits from pittsburgh are shaking in their boots when those clowns walk in
laker

Caledon, Canada

#8644 Apr 17, 2013
E Furnace wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know wtf your talking about
yes I do Im at Hilton works nothin is goin on in steelmakin period
USW reject

Hamilton, Canada

#8645 Apr 17, 2013
Just weighing in on the issue from the non union side and the big boy shop... USS is always trying to stay in rank with ArcelorMittal, and they got our co pay benefits/ vacation/ and retirement packages over a year ago. With some senior staff getting excused and grandfathered through.

The days of Stelco fighting for the rights of workers and Dafasco keeping par are over.
Now we lose first and you follow.
Useless Steel

Canada

#8646 Apr 17, 2013
My idea of a contract wrote:
Just heard there are still 3 issues fergie does not like. He would not say which ones, but i believe they are vacations, cola and benefits. Benefits we won't win, the US have it and so does our white hats, we will have to take it, hopefully fergie can get the $300 dropped or lowered. The vacations hopefully we can keep the sixth week but I doubt it so we will be down to five weeks, maybe try and see if we can bank a week of OT for a extra week. The COLA will be gone as we actually slipped that in last contract and they don't like it. Hopefully get a little raise in exchange but if not we still make good money. We all need to look at this ask myself. Is paying a little for your health worth going on the street for a year worth it, you will lose a years wages, house car etc over $600. Times are changing and the days of getting everything are over, just look at recent contracts with other companies.
Difference being that in the US they have to pay thousands for health care as they don't have universal like we do. How many employees will US steal now not have to contribute a cent towards annually because they would never get over the $300 deductables. Then on the other hand you can't expect retirees already on a fixed income to now pay an extra $600/year when they have all their other bills increasing annually!

And lets just give them the cola too when thats the only pay increase we have seen since what 2000, 2004? Give your f'n head a shake if you're an employee or F right off if you're a white hat!
potential picketer

Simcoe, Canada

#8648 Apr 17, 2013
Once bit twice shy wrote:
Remember folks, one more work stoppage here and you can kiss all your customers goodbye. That will be the final nail in the coffin for LEW and The USSC entity. The likelihood of us being able to bounce back and build a loyal customer base is slim to none. Sad truth is, USS has far deeper pockets than you and I, and they'll do what they did to LEW and Hilton last time. Put us out of work for nearly a year, and we'll end up signing the proposed contract anyway.
If we strike or get locked out, you might as well find a new job, because this place will be done.
Good...we'll call the companies bluff and give the 72 hours for a strike. The company can go on damage control with the customers.
HSM guy

Simcoe, Canada

#8649 Apr 17, 2013
From union webpage

"Note: We are asking our members to please use word of mouth, social media, text or email or to go to our website, www.uswa8782.com to contact all the members they work with to ensure everyone is aware of the Meetings times and place as the Company would not allow us to post in the plant.

Thanks"

Oh if there are any uss spies viewing this site i am having someone print the meeting times and posting it in the hsm change house. Your efforts have failed. Go s*ck a dick uss.
HSM guy

Simcoe, Canada

#8650 Apr 17, 2013
Local 8782

Negotiations Update Information Meetings

Thursday April 18, 2013

2:00 p.m.

4:30 p.m.

8:15 p.m.

Place:

Jarvis Community Centre

On Highway #6 just south of the Highway #6 and #3 intersection.

Agenda:

Negotiations Update to review the Company's final proposal and the Unions final proposal and to discuss collectively as a membership on how to proceed.

HSM guy

Simcoe, Canada

#8651 Apr 17, 2013
Suck a d*ck uss.
LEW

Hamilton, Canada

#8652 Apr 17, 2013
I'm not a white hat, I'm just facing reality and alot of you need to start. The ones with a mortgage and car payments you will lose it on only $250 a week. Just giving you the heads up, I almost lost mine last time and we were getting $400 a week. Just think before you vote, that is all I'm saying. don't listen to the ones with no bills or the 30 year guys, they have no bills and they won't be helping you pay your bills. Look out for yourself and vote for what is best for you.
Useless Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference being that in the US they have to pay thousands for health care as they don't have universal like we do. How many employees will US steal now not have to contribute a cent towards annually because they would never get over the $300 deductables. Then on the other hand you can't expect retirees already on a fixed income to now pay an extra $600/year when they have all their other bills increasing annually!
And lets just give them the cola too when thats the only pay increase we have seen since what 2000, 2004? Give your f'n head a shake if you're an employee or F right off if you're a white hat!
whodat

Waterloo, Canada

#8655 Apr 17, 2013
While I respect the people how have worked here for 30 years I also have to think what is best for my family.

Most of the people how have retired are about 55 years old. 80/20 split dosnt seem that bad considering probably have are working part time jobs anyways.
paidup

Pickering, Canada

#8656 Apr 17, 2013
See ya all at tonites meeting! OOPS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hamilton 13 hr Cheech and Chong 2
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Fri scared peeless 16,452
Pre-Employment Medical Test - NANTICOKE (Jan '17) Fri scared peeless 14