#8587 Apr 16, 2013
Little Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I resemble that remark.
DUDE ! Your our new President .
Newb

Caledon, Canada

#8588 Apr 16, 2013
Impasse means stalemate. Which means no f*cking offer. Maybe due to ferg's refusal to look at it. But there will be no offer. I'm so glad our negotiating committee will be able to make an appearance at the convention in Vancouver. If these rumours are true I will be thoroughly disgusted!
Wood dog

Toronto, Canada

#8589 Apr 16, 2013
Drk wrote:
<quoted text>
Big words behind a monitor tough guy, blanchette?
No, that individual probably has the biggest target of all the corporate management
lew

Toronto, Canada

#8590 Apr 16, 2013
Pensioners have to mull over any deal first. Takes time.
lake guy

Simcoe, Canada

#8591 Apr 16, 2013
Newb wrote:
Impasse means stalemate. Which means no f*cking offer. Maybe due to ferg's refusal to look at it. But there will be no offer. I'm so glad our negotiating committee will be able to make an appearance at the convention in Vancouver. If these rumours are true I will be thoroughly disgusted!
Exactly. The fact that we have no idea what our union is doing and can never get a straight answer or hold of anyone is beyond a joke. You had one job, negotiating committee.
John Surma

Toronto, Canada

#8592 Apr 16, 2013
Fergieeee. Ferggggg. Fergsterrrrr
WHERE ARE YOU ????
We need to talk!!!!!!
Whofuckingcares

Caledon, Canada

#8593 Apr 16, 2013
Whofuckingcares wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares and when there is no one left to run the place because everyone has moved on with there lives the whites will get a big thank you along with there walking papers for helping ussteal achieve the closure of stelco for good.feel proud now whites trying to cause chaos but when you get you reality check and one day you will, you will realize the only thing you were apart of was a corporate take over to squash the competition.so when it's your turn to leave the gate be sure to hand in your yankey flags over on your way out
Burp
Aushwitz Steel

Port Dover, Canada

#8595 Apr 16, 2013
Bollocks, great big schweaty Bollocks, dropped in our mouths from the negotiating guys and US Steal my wages....
eddy

Hagersville, Canada

#8596 Apr 16, 2013
why do we continue to work? we have NO contract.
Flags

Simcoe, Canada

#8597 Apr 16, 2013
Us says work till Sunday. Union says let's not work. Of course we should get paid more. Bushing a broom, sleeping and hitting a button is worth 30+ an Hour. Minus bushing the broom. Keep fighting for your over paid under educated jobs. On your days off check the job bank and maybe you'll think twice about a strike.
drunk

Simcoe, Canada

#8598 Apr 16, 2013
eddy wrote:
Good question. All i know is that tomorrow on night shift i am taking my sweet a*s time getting to breakdowns. F*ck uss. Bunch of redneck basta*rd f*cks
drunk

Simcoe, Canada

#8599 Apr 16, 2013
Pee test me....i dare ya. F*ck you surma. You obama sucking piece of dog sh*t.
Quai Wang Chung

Vancouver, Canada

#8600 Apr 16, 2013
eddy wrote:
Until you can snatch the Contract from our hands you must continue to work Grasshopper.
Surma

Waterford, Canada

#8601 Apr 17, 2013
drunk wrote:
<quoted text>Good question. All i know is that tomorrow on night shift i am taking my sweet a*s time getting to breakdowns. F*ck uss. Bunch of redneck basta*rd f*cks
Sooo..... Business as usual is what your saying?
Kim Jung un

Hamilton, Canada

#8603 Apr 17, 2013
Wassss happinin
Seesaw

Severn, Canada

#8605 Apr 17, 2013
Went to my foremans office and started to ask him a question but he got called on the radio and left right away.
Look at his computer and Internet explorer was minimized, when I opened it, it was on this site :)

I'm pretty sure alot of these negative comments are their for a reason. Don't even respond back!

If you want to talk, talk to the guy holding the broom next to you, and stay positive for fuck sakes. If the company wanted us out then we would have been out already.

We will give our final offer and if the company doesn't like it than I will encourage everyone and their family members to to contact the government and the news and say "look what the conservative government is allowing, a US company to give US employees raises but cuts to the Canadains!" Make the government look just as bad as they did with the RBC! Let everyone know that this isn't about higher wages, it's about being treated fairly. And Canadian shouldn't have to take cuts to pay for American wage increases!
f retirees

Stoney Creek, Canada

#8606 Apr 17, 2013
"If the company wanted us out then we would have been out already"

Don't be so f'in na´ve.. you're only there until the blast furnace work is finished, then rest assured the gates will be locked...

If 8782 had any balls, you would all walk out NOW, not giving them any chance to finish their blast furnace work
Lewster

Hamilton, Canada

#8607 Apr 17, 2013
Seesaw wrote:
Went to my foremans office and started to ask him a question but he got called on the radio and left right away.
Look at his computer and Internet explorer was minimized, when I opened it, it was on this site :)
I'm pretty sure alot of these negative comments are their for a reason. Don't even respond back!
If you want to talk, talk to the guy holding the broom next to you, and stay positive for fuck sakes. If the company wanted us out then we would have been out already.
We will give our final offer and if the company doesn't like it than I will encourage everyone and their family members to to contact the government and the news and say "look what the conservative government is allowing, a US company to give US employees raises but cuts to the Canadains!" Make the government look just as bad as they did with the RBC! Let everyone know that this isn't about higher wages, it's about being treated fairly. And Canadian shouldn't have to take cuts to pay for American wage increases!
Not so sure it would do a damn thing but Great idea!
The deal they swept under the rug with Harper must be exposed!
My idea of a contract

Hamilton, Canada

#8608 Apr 17, 2013
Just heard there are still 3 issues fergie does not like. He would not say which ones, but i believe they are vacations, cola and benefits. Benefits we won't win, the US have it and so does our white hats, we will have to take it, hopefully fergie can get the $300 dropped or lowered. The vacations hopefully we can keep the sixth week but I doubt it so we will be down to five weeks, maybe try and see if we can bank a week of OT for a extra week. The COLA will be gone as we actually slipped that in last contract and they don't like it. Hopefully get a little raise in exchange but if not we still make good money. We all need to look at this ask myself. Is paying a little for your health worth going on the street for a year worth it, you will lose a years wages, house car etc over $600. Times are changing and the days of getting everything are over, just look at recent contracts with other companies.
LEW

Hamilton, Canada

#8609 Apr 17, 2013
As far as retires being at the meeting, they shouldn't be, you retired and therefore have no say in the new contract, I will vote for what is in the best interest of me and going forward, I have a house and family to pay for. Will you be there on the picket line with me or help me buy groceries, i don't think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) 4 hr slovene 105
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Apr '16 Reporter 15,903
Poll Is Graham Carroll a rat? (Aug '13) Feb '16 Siles 58
New Steelworker (Jan '12) Jan '16 USA 90
Poll What will happen to L.E.W. after Dec 11? (Oct '15) Dec '15 Walmart Cashier 14
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone wit... (May '13) Dec '15 TerryLuu 50
how long is hiring process (Sep '12) Dec '15 jfast 12
More from around the web