Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
Trash Talk

Canada

#8546 Apr 16, 2013
Surma wrote:
<quoted text>
Your executive was offered a fair deal from day one.Unfortunately that offer is no longer valid.
Fair deal according to who.Tell everybody what was in this fair deal or are you just a salary troll.
Little Guy

Grimsby, Canada

#8547 Apr 16, 2013
Wow, just when you think it can't get more drama, the BS network starts a Fergie rumor. Don't know why the salary guys smoke the company grass but some do. Maybe it's the hidden cameras and microphones in the ceiling, Uncle Surma's listening for traitors :0

If they (salary) had half a brain, they'd remember they'll need us in the future. Oh look, two of your guys got paper cuts in a week, yer fired white hat.
eddy

Port Dover, Canada

#8548 Apr 16, 2013
Surma wrote:
<quoted text>
Your executive was offered a fair deal from day one.Unfortunately that offer is no longer valid.
It's no longer on the table because we said F U !!! dumbass
negotiate

Toronto, Canada

#8549 Apr 16, 2013
paidup wrote:
Or. Maybe it's true. He did leave to Vancouver today!
Yea right. Like fergie would ever bail at this crisis point.
lilLouie

Grimsby, Canada

#8550 Apr 16, 2013
The best decision the union made was to take strike vote! You got the overwhelming support now don't fall prey to the companies games and let them prepare for the lockout. GO OUT NOW!!!! or the vote was a waste!
Surma

Horsham, PA

#8551 Apr 16, 2013
lilLouie wrote:
The best decision the union made was to take strike vote! You got the overwhelming support now don't fall prey to the companies games and let them prepare for the lockout. GO OUT NOW!!!! or the vote was a waste!
It's your move.
Chad I love dick Law

Simcoe, Canada

#8552 Apr 16, 2013
I just wish things would get back to normal.I love ratting out my fellow co workers and i love blowing all the white hats.Did I mention I love dick? Mmm
lilLouie

Grimsby, Canada

#8553 Apr 16, 2013
take a whitehat out! on your way out boys. There was a guy In Hamilton works that knocked this white hat out a few months back. He got suspended and got his pension early what a beautiful way to go out. They said he was crazy. I say he was the smartest of all! Laid him right flat on his ass, great scene loved it!
HSM

Hamilton, Canada

#8554 Apr 16, 2013
April 21 is the next drop dead date.

Hamilton will have to idle too, driving a bigger wedge between the locals.
My gosh

Hamilton, Canada

#8555 Apr 16, 2013
When
My gosh

Hamilton, Canada

#8556 Apr 16, 2013
When will the whining end. U.S deal got less than you have now. Closer to what your being offered
Surma

Horsham, PA

#8557 Apr 16, 2013
My gosh wrote:
When
I will get back to you,
Zyx

Burlington, Canada

#8558 Apr 16, 2013
Tick tock, tick tock.Time to wake up. You have known from the start that the company was going to go after vacations and implement some sort of copayment on benefits. You saw it happen to the salaried employees, what makes you think you are immune. If you're lucky those that have more than 5 weeks will be grandfathered and maybe they keep their 15 weeks preretirement leave but the rest will end up with what everyone else gets that works for U.S. Steel. Hamilton knows it's coming for them next year, but you guys probably think you have the company right where you want them. So go ahead and either strike or get locked out, you not only lose all that income and end up caving anyways but you have the knowledge of knowing that unless the market gets a lot better you can be in the same boat as Hamilton, you know idle. Tick tock, tick tock.
Fergie

Toronto, Canada

#8559 Apr 16, 2013
Weather great out here in Vancouver. How's things at the Hall? We still working ?
lew

Toronto, Canada

#8560 Apr 16, 2013
Fergie wrote:
Weather great out here in Vancouver. How's things at the Hall? We still working ?
. Damn. This is embarrassing!!!!
WHite hat

Horsham, PA

#8561 Apr 16, 2013
lilLouie wrote:
take a whitehat out! on your way out boys. There was a guy In Hamilton works that knocked this white hat out a few months back. He got suspended and got his pension early what a beautiful way to go out. They said he was crazy. I say he was the smartest of all! Laid him right flat on his ass, great scene loved it!
Anytime Lil Louie, pick a place and a time son,
c oven guy

Simcoe, Canada

#8562 Apr 16, 2013
potential picketer wrote:
<quoted text>We all knew the ovens were to be emptied. That was to happen even with a contract. Also we don't strike at midnight. Either side must give 72 hours notices. Also fergie won't call a vote without getting the members together first.
Actually the coke ovens was never supposed to be emptied, if you knew anything about how they work, youd realize that the ovens havent recovered from the idling last time. You can be guareenteed that if it all goes ahead, there will be no ovens left!!
Bette rget your facts straight before you spout off dude.
Ive worked in the ovens for 20+ yrs, so yes I do know
Stee Wish

Simcoe, Canada

#8563 Apr 16, 2013
I'm sure when you strike to show the company how strong you all are, the salary scabs will enjoy collecting all your lost wages for the year.
Fergie

Horsham, PA

#8564 Apr 16, 2013
WHy is there no update on the Website? when is the meeting? has anyone seen Chad?
auto worker

Niagara Falls, NY

#8565 Apr 16, 2013
the spec.com/news/business/article/919587
manufacturing sales jump in febuary biggest gain since july 2011.
Sales of autos led the charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) Thu MiniMiner 101
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Apr 5 Reporter 15,903
Poll Is Graham Carroll a rat? (Aug '13) Feb '16 Siles 58
New Steelworker (Jan '12) Jan '16 USA 90
Poll What will happen to L.E.W. after Dec 11? (Oct '15) Dec '15 Walmart Cashier 14
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone wit... (May '13) Dec '15 TerryLuu 50
how long is hiring process (Sep '12) Dec '15 jfast 12
More from around the web