Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
laker

Toronto, Canada

#8442 Apr 15, 2013
still stelco wrote:
<quoted text>
Been through strikes and sacrificed my ass you probably have been coddled your whole life walking in after the works done. You sound like someone who would let everybody else do the hard work and sacrifice and then bitch that it wasn't done the way you thought it should be done. Lazy newcomers wanting everything handed to them with no respect for the people who came before them.
Respect lol this comin from a scab who would come in and work as a double dip p temp selling out ur unon. Ive worked alobg time kiddo im just wantin whats best for my union and the future not my own pockets unlike u
potential picketer

Simcoe, Canada

#8443 Apr 15, 2013
Its been a slice working with everyone who is about to retire today. No deal yet but I have lost hope that there will be one. See everyone else on the picket line. USS you can go f**k yourselves.
observer

Stoney Creek, Canada

#8444 Apr 15, 2013
I think USS are just waiting for either a strike or a lock out. Lousy market out there.

TODAY'S TOP PLATTS SBB HEADLINES
Steel Business Briefing, Monday, Apr 15 13

US sheet pricing closed the week flat, but there is vulnerability in the current $600/st price floor for hot-rolled coils, FOB mill.

“You’ve got weak mills out there. And you’ve got a cost problem at some of the mills. Until you take out some capacity, I don’t see how the price can go up. And you’ve got the whole world coming down. It’s down in Europe, down in China, down everywhere,” said one service center source, who indicated that $600/st HRC is relatively abundant and $620/st steel is “ancient history.”
Leonard Walker

Simcoe, Canada

#8445 Apr 15, 2013
I hope it goes good. we have a work refusal in the coke ovens. im trying my best to get everyone working harder so our bosses like us better. i know i could use the money and keep doing my best
Hambone

Severn, Canada

#8446 Apr 15, 2013
Leonard Walker wrote:
I hope it goes good. we have a work refusal in the coke ovens. im trying my best to get everyone working harder so our bosses like us better. i know i could use the money and keep doing my best
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
Struggling to believe

Stoney Creek, Canada

#8447 Apr 15, 2013
Do unions still matter to young people?
By Adam Carter, CBC News
Posted: Apr 15, 2013 7:11 AM ET
Unions haven't done a good job connecting with young workers and teaching them about their rights in the workplace, labour activist Pablo Godoy says — and that has lead to young people caring less about union activity compared to previous generations.
full article
http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/04...
Little Guy

Grimsby, Canada

#8448 Apr 15, 2013
Struggling to believe wrote:
Do unions still matter to young people?
By Adam Carter, CBC News
Posted: Apr 15, 2013 7:11 AM ET
Unions haven't done a good job connecting with young workers and teaching them about their rights in the workplace, labour activist Pablo Godoy says — and that has lead to young people caring less about union activity compared to previous generations.
full article
http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/04...
Nothing matters to young people, until it jumps up and bites them. Been there, done that, got bit, got wise.

This is kinda like that scene in Braveheart where the Scots are crouched over their spears as the English (bastards) cavalry charges down on them.

"Hold...hold..."

Everybody chill, a contract is either coming or it's not, nothing we can do.
Kaput

Pittsburgh, PA

#8449 Apr 15, 2013
swingplant wrote:
Been there done that. Talk to your bank right away. Mortg. Loans credit cards . Their all happy with interest payments only. Utilities. A bunch of dicks. Full payment required every month. Or they cut you off. You like most everyone else will survive.
Please tell my why should the Utilities Comp hold off on any payments just because you choose not to pay them? If I was the banks I would also require full loan, house and credit card bill and not just the interest. What if your out 2 years, what will the banks do then?
Kaput

Pittsburgh, PA

#8450 Apr 15, 2013
potential picketer wrote:
Its been a slice working with everyone who is about to retire today. No deal yet but I have lost hope that there will be one. See everyone else on the picket line. USS you can go f**k yourselves.
I understand your frustration, but is that really a good attitude towards your employer? sheesh....
Kaput

Pittsburgh, PA

#8451 Apr 15, 2013
still stelco wrote:
<quoted text>
Laker you have the wrong idea this will always be stelco you are the fool 5 weeks vacation is not enough maybe it is good for you if you want to live in this place but some of us have lives and like to be home with our families. 300 dollars per year benefits is now just a standard nobody gets benefits as good as ours you just dont know how good we got it maybe you are the one who should wake up dumbass. So get back on your soapbox and preach to somebody else.
To everyone else stay strong boys fight the good fight we took them down in the past and we can do it again.
Yup you took them down in the past, yup you bankrupted Stelco and now we work for USS. Yup you showed them, DaHa Cleedace yu showed them....
potential picketer

Simcoe, Canada

#8452 Apr 15, 2013
Kaput wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your frustration, but is that really a good attitude towards your employer? sheesh....
Yes it is so go f**k yourself too.
Hagbog

Severn, Canada

#8453 Apr 15, 2013
Kaput wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell my why should the Utilities Comp hold off on any payments just because you choose not to pay them? If I was the banks I would also require full loan, house and credit card bill and not just the interest. What if your out 2 years, what will the banks do then?
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Kaput

Pittsburgh, PA

#8454 Apr 15, 2013
still stelco wrote:
<quoted text>
Been through strikes and sacrificed my ass you probably have been coddled your whole life walking in after the works done. You sound like someone who would let everybody else do the hard work and sacrifice and then bitch that it wasn't done the way you thought it should be done. Lazy newcomers wanting everything handed to them with no respect for the people who came before them.
Oh keep it up O wize one! Once you are finally retired the young DC plan ones will reconsider how they vote for your benefits and pensions. DO NOT BURN BRIDGES smart ass....
Royalty in exile

Hamilton, Canada

#8455 Apr 15, 2013
These senior guys who think they have had it so hard never stop whining. YES in the "stelco" days you fought for what's right. So you were out of work 3 or so times over the course of 30 odd years...,big wahhhh.
Different company, identity, monopoly, and a hole different game than these days.
Your old farts are looking at the newer generations that have gone through 10+ jobs in the past 5 years!! Because of how unstable the new world is.
We never had the good ol steel job always waiting to come back to. Ya had it good your entire lives!
Don't tell us to relax and you have been here and you made it through. You have no idea, we have been doing this for our entire working lives year in and year out!

I'm not caving in to these American nazi's!
I am prepared to fight for what's right!
I will not work for these assholes for all these concessions.
I've been locked out, kicked down, and came back every time. Certainly set back though.
Give us a fair contract as of today or let's walk at midnight.
Over and out
Bubba US Stinks

Vancouver, Canada

#8456 Apr 15, 2013
All these negative comment to the union must be from the 14% that didn't bother to vote on the strike mandate so they should have nothing to say
With a 99.6% in favor of the strike all the negative posts are from spy's so "F" them spineless bastards and stay strong the white hats are here to stir things up
Jack

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#8457 Apr 15, 2013
Just in boys and girls the 72 hour notice with intent to strike by the union has just been given. The clock is ticking. Tick Tock
Rolling stone

Brantford, Canada

#8458 Apr 15, 2013
Good one bubba only problem I have is that the union said the higher the strike vote more things us steel would take off the table. They don't have to take anything off the table because they don't care about us .Im sure they will take some stuff back but the 15 weeks are gone and holidays bye bye .All that they have to do is lock us out or we go on strike . They will shut it down till we give them those two things .Remember we are not the only place that makes steel for them and they can bring steel from any other plant . Government won't help us as we have seen so either give those two things up or sit out for god knows how long lose a years pay and then give them that .Thats how the game is played. Can't fight stupid.
Bubba US Stinks

Vancouver, Canada

#8459 Apr 15, 2013
Rolling stone wrote:
Good one bubba only problem I have is that the union said the higher the strike vote more things us steel would take off the table. They don't have to take anything off the table because they don't care about us .Im sure they will take some stuff back but the 15 weeks are gone and holidays bye bye .All that they have to do is lock us out or we go on strike . They will shut it down till we give them those two things .Remember we are not the only place that makes steel for them and they can bring steel from any other plant . Government won't help us as we have seen so either give those two things up or sit out for god knows how long lose a years pay and then give them that .Thats how the game is played. Can't fight stupid.
Not going to happen !!!
Bubba US Stinks

Vancouver, Canada

#8460 Apr 15, 2013
Jack wrote:
Just in boys and girls the 72 hour notice with intent to strike by the union has just been given. The clock is ticking. Tick Tock
In from where????
Toy

Severn, Canada

#8461 Apr 15, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Jan 17 Wynne Trudeau rea... 16,419
More from around the web