paidup

Toronto, Canada

#8420 Apr 14, 2013
8782 Proud wrote:
Fergie quit texting and put the proposals on paper. We need to see on the 8782 website. This is ridiculas. If we strike or lockout it will be your fault. Hopefully, this is your last stint as President.
Relax. They have till Mon. Midnight. Impressed with your confidence. Lol . Let me guess. First strike!
swingplant

Toronto, Canada

#8421 Apr 14, 2013
Been there done that. Talk to your bank right away. Mortg. Loans credit cards . Their all happy with interest payments only. Utilities. A bunch of dicks. Full payment required every month. Or they cut you off. You like most everyone else will survive.
Canjo

Guelph, Canada

#8422 Apr 14, 2013
8782 Proud wrote:
Fergie quit texting and put the proposals on paper. We need to see on the 8782 website. This is ridiculas. If we strike or lockout it will be your fault. Hopefully, this is your last stint as President.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
8782 Proud

Kitchener, Canada

#8423 Apr 14, 2013
paidup wrote:
<quoted text> Relax. They have till Mon. Midnight. Impressed with your confidence. Lol . Let me guess. First strike!
Just have a young family and and not really interested in not working.
swingplant

Toronto, Canada

#8424 Apr 14, 2013
8782 Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Just have a young family and and not really interested in not working.
Nerve wracking I know. Don't panic. Just wait for the outcome.
Trash Talk

Canada

#8425 Apr 14, 2013
Brett Levy - Jefferies & Co.: Then I just want to switch to Canada if I could real quick. Two areas, one is, we're hearing Lake Erie has a contract due in the next couple of months, any thoughts there? And then under what conditions do you think about restarting Hamilton?

John P. Surma - Chairman and CEO: I think we've disclosed that there is a contract expiration at Lake Erie I want to say April 15, is that April 15? April 15, and we'll get about that fairly soon. We're optimistic we'll be able to reach a competitive contract without any disruption as we did back in September with the larger group of plants in the U.S. So that's on the agenda and we'll get to it fairly soon and again optimistic we'll reach a contract.
Surma

Horsham, PA

#8426 Apr 14, 2013
8782 Proud wrote:
The offer will not be posted on the website.
Lewster

Hamilton, Canada

#8427 Apr 14, 2013
No contract as of Monday at 12:00pm......we walk!
8782!

“kidding”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8428 Apr 14, 2013
8782 Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Just have a young family and and not really interested in not working.
Neither was I at any of the many work actions I've been through. My kids did not starve. They are all university educated and I am so proud of them. I still have my house. Believe it or not you will make it through. Again.. YOU WILL MAKE IT THROUGH THIS.
sparky

Kitchener, Canada

#8429 Apr 14, 2013
if you didn't save at least a little bit of money for a rainy day or a strike, you should only be mad at yourself...its not like we weren't warned that this could happen and shouldn't be surprised.
Chufter

Brantford, Canada

#8430 Apr 14, 2013
Strike or no strike, you have to live with what you vote for. 7 weeks after 30 years or 5 weeks after 30 years plus taking the 30 years to get the 5 weeks instead of 14 years you need to put in now. No COLA and no raise for 4 years at 1.5% yearly inflation (optimistic) is a 16% total pay cut over 4 years. Lets not get started on the rest of the concessions asked for. Been through enough strikes to last a lifetime so one is not going to break me.
Useless Steel

Hamilton, Canada

#8431 Apr 14, 2013
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/918...

Trying to look good to the public before another work stoppage? Details Monday at 1:00 seems a little too convenient.
laker

Toronto, Canada

#8432 Apr 14, 2013
We have no clout no power. Once again this is not Stelco u dumb asses. This is a huge multinational with no ties to Canada not oldtime Stelxo. When it was Stelco we were all they had so a strike had leverage now we have nothing. Wake up fools. dont let them touch rxs. Vacation 5 weeks is enough workin continentals.
still stelco

Richmond Hill, Canada

#8433 Apr 14, 2013
laker wrote:
We have no clout no power. Once again this is not Stelco u dumb asses. This is a huge multinational with no ties to Canada not oldtime Stelxo. When it was Stelco we were all they had so a strike had leverage now we have nothing. Wake up fools. dont let them touch rxs. Vacation 5 weeks is enough workin continentals.
Laker you have the wrong idea this will always be stelco you are the fool 5 weeks vacation is not enough maybe it is good for you if you want to live in this place but some of us have lives and like to be home with our families. 300 dollars per year benefits is now just a standard nobody gets benefits as good as ours you just dont know how good we got it maybe you are the one who should wake up dumbass. So get back on your soapbox and preach to somebody else.
To everyone else stay strong boys fight the good fight we took them down in the past and we can do it again.
laker

Toronto, Canada

#8434 Apr 15, 2013
Lol so tell me all knowing what did the last two lockouts accomplish hmmmm. Let me answer for you a big zero!!!! In the actual Stelco days we could accpmplish demands as we had power to negotiate and now we dont so suck it up and realize that. As for benefits are u serious lol. wr do not have great benefits by any stretch. They are decent but allowing the prescriptions to be touched is a slippery slope. U are what I expect from an old timer and only thinking pf what you can get not the overall health of the brotherhood. No doubt u will be back after retiring to be a scab P temp so youll get ur money eventually.
still stelco wrote:
<quoted text>
Laker you have the wrong idea this will always be stelco you are the fool 5 weeks vacation is not enough maybe it is good for you if you want to live in this place but some of us have lives and like to be home with our families. 300 dollars per year benefits is now just a standard nobody gets benefits as good as ours you just dont know how good we got it maybe you are the one who should wake up dumbass. So get back on your soapbox and preach to somebody else.
To everyone else stay strong boys fight the good fight we took them down in the past and we can do it again.
sitting by the lake

Toronto, Canada

#8435 Apr 15, 2013
Judging by the morons they sent to Byproducts from Hilton works the place will be a crater before long if we get locked out.
still stelco

Richmond Hill, Canada

#8436 Apr 15, 2013
laker wrote:
<quoted text>Lol so tell me all knowing what did the last two lockouts accomplish hmmmm. Let me answer for you a big zero!!!! In the actual Stelco days we could accpmplish demands as we had power to negotiate and now we dont so suck it up and realize that. As for benefits are u serious lol. wr do not have great benefits by any stretch. They are decent but allowing the prescriptions to be touched is a slippery slope. U are what I expect from an old timer and only thinking pf what you can get not the overall health of the brotherhood. No doubt u will be back after retiring to be a scab P temp so youll get ur money eventually.
Those lockout may not have accomplished much on paper but they showed US steel that we will not just roll over and are willing to put up a fight for what we think is right. If allowing the company to touch benefits means more time off and a nice bonus a the end of my time in this place then so be it. You wet behind the ear kids don't seem to want to remember the guys who got you the things you are so willing to give up. You forget that your predecessors were the ones who gave up months of pay fighting for the vacation and golden handshake that you want to give up. You are spitting on the sacrifices made by others to make this company a better place for whiny punks like you to work at and apparently all you can do is roll over and give the company what they want. So if coming back here when I retire as a p temp is what I have to do to take care of myself and my family because guys like you are too lazy to fight for the items that affect your futures and keep mine secure then so be it and if they need guys like me back its probably because you can't do the job and are to busy cleaning under desks and wiping off your knees to bother to learn it.
If you kids actually cared about the overall health of the membership you would be at meetings and working at the hall instead of letting guys with 20 to 30+ years in this place do it for you. So easy to bitch anonymously on the internet not so easy to do it in person where you have to stand behind your ideals. A coward and a company men is all you are.
laker

Toronto, Canada

#8437 Apr 15, 2013
Lol u scabby prick. Ive been through strikes and sacraficed. All u care about is what u can get out of it and if u can ull ptemp back in lol. You just showed your colours u puke. This is why the new hires will walk away from what has been earned because selfish oldtimers like you talk a good game but would crawl back in to double dip as fast as you can instead of the company hiring new. They know they have low moral scabs like you to count on. Btw anonymous lol. Hmmm did u use your real name naw.
sitting by the lake

Toronto, Canada

#8438 Apr 15, 2013
I Think u two need to meet in the shower and hug
Bobblehead

Brantford, Canada

#8439 Apr 15, 2013
Canjo wrote:
<quoted text>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
I don't take most of the posts on here worth a grain of salt. Wait for definitive info from the negotiating committee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) 18 hr will kowasucker 15,207
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone wit... (May '13) Dec 17 cartjohnson 51
transfer videos between android and computer Dec 17 marleeyoung 5
JOIN THE GREAT ILLUMINATI to get rich and famou... Nov '14 Mike 2 2
U.S. Supreme Court weighs fight over changing c... (Nov '13) Nov '14 FurFaukSakes 7
i need my ex husband back to me Nov '14 Toto2015 3
More from around the web