Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
Mayor bill ford

Woodstock, Canada

#8365 Apr 14, 2013
Useless Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows exactly what you were getting at.
a lockout in a few hours then a settlement that is worse then the great offer you were presented 9 months latter
Mayor bill ford

Woodstock, Canada

#8366 Apr 14, 2013
Useless Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!!!!
.....useless steel i was laughing also.Man that one-liner was really funny i was laughing so hard my stomach is sore
Get your facts straigh

Canada

#8367 Apr 14, 2013
retired wrote:
Local 1005 lost the pension issues because of your Local 8782 buddy. it all started there if I remember correctly sunny boy. This wasnt the first time Local 8728 sold us out remember in the early years when Local 1005 stayed out and you fools signed, then the company gave you the same deal we achieved at 1005. First of all you have no rights to negotiate benefits for pensioners we retired under certain conditions now you want to change rules. By the way what are yous giving up next time more benefits plus wages? What we have achieved in 60 years you people give away in 2 contracts? You people even want to screw your senior employees out of their 15 weeks plus out of their vacation tme..And all I hear is how yous can work O/T to make up losses you scabs, by the way I am not a Temp and for your info Temps have no union rights or protection by Local 1005, so wake up and smell the coffee , give and give it will never end.
I believe you were the ones to sign first and leave us out for another month or so in 1990!
"Leibovitch led the strike at Nanticoke in 1990 which is pointed to as the breaking point between Local 1005 and Local 8782 and the start of ongoing rivalry between the two.
In the strikes at both plants, Local 1005 broke away from the chain-wide bargaining of the past and settled first.
The Nanticoke local remained on strike longer and its local leaders have been bragging ever since they are now the wage pattern setters for Canada's steel industry."
hilton works

Woodstock, Canada

#8368 Apr 14, 2013
retired wrote:
Local 1005 lost the pension issues because of your Local 8782 buddy. it all started there if I remember correctly sunny boy. This wasnt the first time Local 8728 sold us out remember in the early years when Local 1005 stayed out and you fools signed, then the company gave you the same deal we achieved at 1005. First of all you have no rights to negotiate benefits for pensioners we retired under certain conditions now you want to change rules. By the way what are yous giving up next time more benefits plus wages? What we have achieved in 60 years you people give away in 2 contracts? You people even want to screw your senior employees out of their 15 weeks plus out of their vacation tme..And all I hear is how yous can work O/T to make up losses you scabs, by the way I am not a Temp and for your info Temps have no union rights or protection by Local 1005, so wake up and smell the coffee , give and give it will never end.
.......Yeah and you also forgotto metion that if it was,nt for the z-line the lake would be closed........same old same old Hilton works keeping up the weaker mills
brother

Stoney Creek, Canada

#8369 Apr 14, 2013
retired wrote:
Aint that the truth Brother
Useless Steel

Canada

#8370 Apr 14, 2013
retired stelco brother wrote:
<quoted text>.......Reading and then repling to my post proves 2 things 1 i got you going and 2 you are showing me great respect sonny
Wow you really are clueless if you call that respectful lmao!
hilton jewel of the crown

Woodstock, Canada

#8371 Apr 14, 2013
Useless Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
We will get a good contract and not have to look at this forum for another 3-4 years so you retired complainers can have it all to yourselves once again!
wish-full thinking sonny with fergie and his executive cohorts i seen the last two contracts that you guys signed.Whats the next contract going to be 20% wage cut?You already gave them everything else.........loosers
HSM

Saint Catharines, Canada

#8372 Apr 14, 2013
A deal will be made, they have to be close or else there would be a 72 hour notice by now.
king surma

Woodstock, Canada

#8373 Apr 14, 2013
Useless Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you really are clueless if you call that respectful lmao!
....man these yanks would have a hayday with you sitting across a negaoting table.And we all thought fergie was stupid
Useless Steel

Canada

#8374 Apr 14, 2013
HSM wrote:
A deal will be made, they have to be close or else there would be a 72 hour notice by now.
Agreed
john martin

Woodstock, Canada

#8375 Apr 14, 2013
brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Aint that the truth Brother
.......same here brother
john martin

Woodstock, Canada

#8376 Apr 14, 2013
Get your facts straigh wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you were the ones to sign first and leave us out for another month or so in 1990!
"Leibovitch led the strike at Nanticoke in 1990 which is pointed to as the breaking point between Local 1005 and Local 8782 and the start of ongoing rivalry between the two.
In the strikes at both plants, Local 1005 broke away from the chain-wide bargaining of the past and settled first.
The Nanticoke local remained on strike longer and its local leaders have been bragging ever since they are now the wage pattern setters for Canada's steel industry."
.....Hilton works always carried the other mills slash plants.No z-line no lew
cathy ann

Woodstock, Canada

#8377 Apr 14, 2013
HSM wrote:
......I got a tex from fergie it said..........lock-out in 10 hours,USS walked away from the table,they would not move on anthing except co pay on drugs were they would go from 300 to 289.99.........
Surma

Pittsburgh, PA

#8378 Apr 14, 2013
HSM wrote:
I will say this for the last time, they are not giving you information as they cannot correct the damage that has been done. There is an offer that they are not telling you about and it will not be an option Tuesday.
Jag

Severn, Canada

#8380 Apr 14, 2013
cathy ann wrote:
<quoted text>......I got a tex from fergie it said..........lock-out in 10 hours,USS walked away from the table,they would not move on anthing except co pay on drugs were they would go from 300 to 289.99.........
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
Tag

Severn, Canada

#8381 Apr 14, 2013
Surma wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say this for the last time, they are not giving you information as they cannot correct the damage that has been done. There is an offer that they are not telling you about and it will not be an option Tuesday.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Newb

Caledon, Canada

#8382 Apr 14, 2013
I just got a text from Fergie as well and it read. "Deal is done, Surma and I taking private jet to Cancun for the week. Be back a week Monday with details."

Guess we all better get back to work tomorrow?
Gunner

Woodstock, Canada

#8383 Apr 14, 2013
Jag wrote:
<quoted text>
......Or what fergie and the executive tex the membership
scared steel worker

Woodstock, Canada

#8384 Apr 14, 2013
Surma wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Whats going to happen on tuesday?Why is,nt fergie telling the membership about this offer???Why are they keeping us in the dark????
scared steel worker

Woodstock, Canada

#8385 Apr 14, 2013
Newb wrote:
I just got a text from Fergie as well and it read. "Deal is done, Surma and I taking private jet to Cancun for the week. Be back a week Monday with details."
Guess we all better get back to work tomorrow?
well fergie does work for surma,he has since 2009 so him and surma vacation all the time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Nov 15 Lake Erie Strong 16,412
More from around the web