Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
Senile Old Timer

Hamilton, Canada

#8134 Apr 9, 2013
We need something for the senile old timers.
peedoff

Toronto, Canada

#8135 Apr 10, 2013
The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>U.S. Steel might be receptive giving you a raise also but at the expense of no more 7 weeks vacation, reduced benefits the 15 week pre-retirement plan, etc......
Balls ! As in go get tea bagged ! They can have that when they pry it from my cold dead hand , so there !
GreasySwede

Toronto, Canada

#8136 Apr 10, 2013
peedoff wrote:
<quoted text>
Balls ! As in go get tea bagged ! They can have that when they pry it from my cold dead hand , so there !
Somebody didn't get enough fiber for breakfast.
Whodat

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#8137 Apr 10, 2013
They should just move the operation to Mexico, they would save a lot of money and then maybe you would all realize how good we did have it.
GreasySwede

Toronto, Canada

#8138 Apr 10, 2013
Whodat wrote:
They should just move the operation to Mexico, they would save a lot of money and then maybe you would all realize how good we did have it.
If we are sweatered Mexicans they would be ... Summer Canucks ? WetNucks ? Canuckbacks ? and you Whodat would be a Nuckleheadednumbnuttedmoron ?
Dude

Vancouver, Canada

#8139 Apr 10, 2013
GreasySwede wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are sweatered Mexicans they would be ... Summer Canucks ? WetNucks ? Canuckbacks ? and you Whodat would be a Nuckleheadednumbnuttedmoron ?
Tee Hee, snicker , ha ha ! LMFAO !
Little Guy

Grimsby, Canada

#8140 Apr 10, 2013
Best advice I ever got: earn a trade.

Trades guys I've talked to are pretty confident they can get another job or ride out the strike. Doubt many will come back, once bitten twice shy and all that.
sTrIkE oUt

Simcoe, Canada

#8141 Apr 10, 2013
Little Guy wrote:
Trades guys I've talked to are pretty confident they can get another job or ride out the strike. Doubt many will come back, once bitten twice shy and all that.
The strike? Who said it will be a strike? Fergie and the boys are going to get it done.
Just Saying

Delhi, Canada

#8142 Apr 10, 2013
We need strong numbers tomorrow to support our barganing committee!!!!
Newb

Terrace Bay, Canada

#8143 Apr 10, 2013
sTrIkE oUt wrote:
<quoted text>The strike? Who said it will be a strike? Fergie and the boys are going to get it done.
Wish I could see things through your rise coloured glasses!
Newb

Terrace Bay, Canada

#8144 Apr 10, 2013
Rose coloured...
sTrIkE oUt

Simcoe, Canada

#8145 Apr 10, 2013
Newb wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish I could see things through your rise coloured glasses!
well tell me then why everyone on here assumes we are going on strike? Are there no optimists left?
Little Guy

Grimsby, Canada

#8146 Apr 10, 2013
sTrIkE oUt wrote:
<quoted text>well tell me then why everyone on here assumes we are going on strike? Are there no optimists left?
You can't trust USS, they're run by a toxic core of middle management tyrants ruling their little fifedoms. Logic and reason do not apply. Think spoiled little princess.
sTrIkE oUt

Canada

#8147 Apr 10, 2013
Little Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't trust USS, they're run by a toxic core of middle management tyrants ruling their little fifedoms. Logic and reason do not apply. Think spoiled little princess.
Nope you can't trust em. On the other hand they can't afford to start another labour dispute. Lots of money being spent fixing the furnace. They don't want hold ups at the gate delaying the work. All the customers we are getting back will flee for good this time as well. USS has to be careful. Flexing too much muscle will cost them. They are already scaring away senior men who we need to teach the young guys for the future. I think this time the offer will be fair.....the contract after this one will be a nasty one. Just my opinion. I pray that we all get a fair deal. They don't realize how much of a cash cow LEW can be.
lew old guy

Canada

#8148 Apr 10, 2013
Let's be realists not optimists.Give the bargaining team the power they need to get a decent contract. We need a really strong strike mandate.
sTrIkE oUt

Simcoe, Canada

#8149 Apr 10, 2013
lew old guy wrote:
Let's be realists not optimists.Give the bargaining team the power they need to get a decent contract. We need a really strong strike mandate.
and we will
laptop guy

Hamilton, Canada

#8150 Apr 10, 2013
Little Guy wrote:
rumour has it that large ships filled with skilled electricians from china are racing toward LEW to fill in for the locked out LEW and if there is no lockout then the Royal Bank of Canada will hire the chinese workers as permanent workers at their banks after the soon to be fired RBC workers train the chinese electricians...cause why pay RBC long term employees 16.00 an hour when the chinese electricians will work for minimum wage or maybe just for food and lodging at the Royal Bank of Canada....JUST THINKIN ABOUT THINGS...and hey, what you think McDonalds and Wendys and u ...is thinking..........
just the facts

Brampton, Canada

#8151 Apr 11, 2013
Bubba US STINKS

Vancouver, Canada

#8152 Apr 11, 2013
Looks like our 15 weeks is on the table this is what we had worked for for the last 25 years
Don't let them ( Useless Steal) take that way that's about $35,000 at retirement!
There better be a $75,000 signing bonus if they think of taking that
Give the union there strike vote today!
Who out there got the text message from the union hall regarding Bill Fergason said to get all BOFC EMPLOYIES to vote???????
Bubba US STINKS

Vancouver, Canada

#8153 Apr 11, 2013
Bubba US STINKS wrote:
Looks like our 15 weeks is on the table this is what we had worked for for the last 25 years
Don't let them ( Useless Steal) take that way that's about $35,000 at retirement!
There better be a $75,000 signing bonus if they think of taking that
Give the union there strike vote today!
Who out there got the text message from the union hall regarding Bill Fergason said to get all BOFC EMPLOYIES to vote???????
Whoops wrong ## but still better be 75,000 signing bonus if the want to take the 15 weeks away!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Mon The Urinenator 16,453
Stelco Hamilton May 19 Cheech and Chong 2
Pre-Employment Medical Test - NANTICOKE (Jan '17) May 18 scared peeless 14