Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
lew old guy

Toronto, Canada

#8094 Apr 5, 2013
We make steel nobody else in the chain can.Auto is booming, they can stock pile but it isn't for our prime customers. Stay strong. They need us snow bunnies.
Major Distraction

Canada

#8095 Apr 5, 2013
The Salary trainees in the Strip mill were told they are not training next week and not to come the strip mill.
Hmmmmm ?
lew old guy

Toronto, Canada

#8096 Apr 5, 2013
That's positive news! Unlike most post! It was a joke to think they could run the mill with 3 weeks training.
laptop guy

Hamilton, Canada

#8097 Apr 5, 2013
if you are a young, and skilled uss worker...and have a needed skill that hydro, or the gas company or the city needs desperately and is very short of electricians, millwrights, etc. then why are you still working for a foreign company that has already locked your family out of a paycheck for a year last contract...and is going to starve your family again very shortly..........GET ANOTHER JOB...this job at uss is going to work in the long term.
Oh yea

Dundas, Canada

#8098 Apr 6, 2013
Bullshit you are a white hat trying to make the young readers panic
steel hauler wrote:
I haul some LEW steel going to Atlas in Harrow but not too much mostly i get loads out of Hamilton going to MI.I always pick up in MI,slash Detroit area going back into the GTA.This is what iam seeing and this has been going on for the last 2 months.Dearborn steel and Wayne Industries are stock piling vast amounts of steel from their Gary and st Louis mills.In particular Wayne Industries is a big player for US steel they have rail lines that come into their warehouse and this week 60 rail cars came in with 4 coils on each 240 coils.I asked one of the workers and i know him quite well since i go there often and i asked him what is going on.He told me that he was told that a mill in Canada was going to close and that US steel needed to stock pile coils.He also said that this week 120 rails cars were coming at 4 coils each and that he was going to have to work the weekend.He also said that the warehouse is running out of room and they are looking at another warehouse in Livonia MI that has rail lines.All together he thinks with this 120 cars and next week with another 120 cars that the wharehouse will have 2,000 plus coils.And i know Dearborn steel Warehouse has around 800 coils.The last time i seen a lot of stock piled coils and loads coming out of Gary was when the LEW and Hamilton mills were closed by USS.Me thinks that USS is up to something.
lew slave

Simcoe, Canada

#8099 Apr 6, 2013
Major Distraction wrote:
The Salary trainees in the Strip mill were told they are not training next week and not to come the strip mill.
Hmmmmm ?
I heard the same thing.
justarodburner

Simcoe, Canada

#8100 Apr 6, 2013
lew slave wrote:
<quoted text>I heard the same thing.
Too bad....... i wanted to see them fail miserably.....

not that the company would ever admit failure
Major Distraction

Vancouver, Canada

#8101 Apr 6, 2013
justarodburner wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad....... i wanted to see them fail miserably.....
not that the company would ever admit failure
The idea of them fugken up and being total failures is a nice thought. But we need jobs to come back to, you can destroy alot of equipment when you know what your doing , imagine what unqualified micro managing clowns could wreck ? They should all just climb back into their little clown cars and go back to their own departments and continue to be a part of the circus they belong too !

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8102 Apr 7, 2013
Quote: Global demand expected to rise 3.2% this year. World Steel Assc. Jan 2013

Quote: Recent increases in our daily order entry suggest increase spot market demand as the quarter progresses. John P Surma New York Times 2013/01/30

www.nadaq.com/article/fitch Rates U.S. Steels proposed $250mm Sr Convertible Notes and $250mm Sr Notes 'BB'(march 20, 2013)(pension obligation until 2016)

Quote: The steel industry will benefit from strong momentum in the automotive markets. source Finance.yahoo.com/news/steel industry stock outlook-march 2013

USS wants a deal done and 8782 should continue to bargain as long as the scab training does not continue. Time for 8782 to $cash in$
Just Saying

Delhi, Canada

#8103 Apr 7, 2013
Well, the furnace is down and handed over to the contractor today to start the top rebuild and #3 stove burner repair etc etc. I have to say, being in for the blowdown and the furnace quench our people sure did one Hell of a job.
Chufter

Brantford, Canada

#8104 Apr 7, 2013
Its about time the Yanks realise we have all graduated kindergarden and can perform real work with out having our hands held. At least we won't be reminded every morning to bundle up because its cold out for a few months now. Ah, but wait. Its April and it might rain, wait for the "don't play in the puddles" reminders.
Just Saying wrote:
Well, the furnace is down and handed over to the contractor today to start the top rebuild and #3 stove burner repair etc etc. I have to say, being in for the blowdown and the furnace quench our people sure did one Hell of a job.
lew slave

Vancouver, Canada

#8105 Apr 7, 2013
Chufter wrote:
Its about time the Yanks realise we have all graduated kindergarden and can perform real work with out having our hands held. At least we won't be reminded every morning to bundle up because its cold out for a few months now. Ah, but wait. Its April and it might rain, wait for the "don't play in the puddles" reminders.
<quoted text>
Coming soon USS safe gardening tips
Chufter

Brantford, Canada

#8106 Apr 7, 2013
Good grief, you did not wear wear your cut resistant gloves to open your much reduced pay check????
You deserve the days off.
$9,000 per year rip off since the profit sharing was re-calculatated.
lew slave wrote:
<quoted text>Coming soon USS safe gardening tips
Major Distraction

Vancouver, Canada

#8107 Apr 7, 2013
Chufter wrote:
Good grief, you did not wear wear your cut resistant gloves to open your much reduced pay check????
You deserve the days off.
$9,000 per year rip off since the profit sharing was re-calculatated.
<quoted text>
I'll take it in cash plus interest and another $9000 for pain and suffering.
Minor Miner 49er

Vancouver, Canada

#8108 Apr 7, 2013
No wonder all the old timers ( if you call early 50's old ) are jumping ship. Every contract same old same old bull manure from the honey wagon dispensers . Sooner rather then later you just can't take it and you take your pension and become a Walmart greeter. Get off the night shifts and remove yourself from ( as someone on this forum expressed it , the unqualified micro managing Clowns ). Good luck to those who bailed ... to the new guys on the new pension , its portable run before you become a bitter old timer. Nothing keeping you Guys in this Circus of the damned.
Rolf

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#8109 Apr 8, 2013
You boys will be having your full and final offer handed to you on April 13th when Gus Shoustra hand delivers it. Then you as the members will have to decide if you want it or say no to it. The judgement day will be there soon. It up to you to decide.
Buba

Toronto, Canada

#8110 Apr 8, 2013
Strike mandate vote set for April 11/2013 in Port Dover
Looks more And more like Summer off!
Don't think it would give them enough time for a deal ????
Chill

Canada

#8111 Apr 8, 2013
It doesn't mean anything. It just gives the committee to go ahead to strike if talks stall. We are actually close to an agreement so don't get your hopes up that we will have the summer off.
Bill

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#8112 Apr 8, 2013
Chill wrote:
It doesn't mean anything. It just gives the committee to go ahead to strike if talks stall. We are actually close to an agreement so don't get your hopes up that we will have the summer off.
So Back in 1990 we gave them a strike mandate and nothing was ever brought back to us........Close...LMAO....
Bubba US Stink

Colborne, Canada

#8113 Apr 8, 2013
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
So Back in 1990 we gave them a strike mandate and nothing was ever brought back to us........Close...LMAO....
Nothing worth signing so we went on strike I was out for the Summer "those were the days!"Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
want to be rich and famous Aug 8 Seville 3
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Jul '17 steamcast 16,401
US Steel physical and drug test taking to long!... Jun '17 NoKingButChrist 37
News Daniel Beiser (May '08) Jun '17 Granite Hard Forever 2
the pre-employment drug test!!!! (Jun '11) May '17 Slime 9
Work hours Apr '17 Us steel 5
Why is U.S. Steel buying slabs from a competitor? Apr '17 Speedy Gonzales 6
More from around the web