Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
lew slave

Simcoe, Canada

#7821 Mar 4, 2013
Lew wrote:
They are no longer in Pittsburg
I heard the company are coming here to negotiate soon.
laptop guy

Hamilton, Canada

#7822 Mar 4, 2013
lew slave wrote:
<quoted text>I heard the company are coming here to negotiate soon.
i heard the company is holding secret meetings at hamiltons Hanrahans strip club on Barton Street.
have no advantage

Hamilton, Canada

#7823 Mar 5, 2013
I hope they give the trades a raise so we can keep some and get some good ones
WOW

Waterford, Canada

#7824 Mar 5, 2013
have no advantage wrote:
I hope they give the trades a raise so we can keep some and get some good ones
Thanks. Electrical Primary, 33 years. So true. The skill level now is low. Good people, just need a lot of training to get up to speed. Hope we all get what we need, a good fair contract.
Waiting

Brantford, Canada

#7825 Mar 10, 2013
Are we negotiating, are we not. Do I retire or do I not. I suppose I'd better consult 1005 webb site.

“kidding”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7826 Mar 10, 2013
Waiting wrote:
Are we negotiating, are we not. Do I retire or do I not. I suppose I'd better consult 1005 webb site.
If you're not sure you want to take the chance your pension takes a major hit then the best thing to do is retire with what you know you will have rather than end up saying to yourself " I should have gone in March"
justarodburner

Simcoe, Canada

#7827 Mar 10, 2013
Waiting wrote:
you better retire... all the pensions are being replaced with a car wash
lmfao
power worker

Delhi, Canada

#7828 Mar 11, 2013
Have you guys seen the Spec Max Aicher in the hilton works wants to reduce pay benifis pensions dont you think US Steal wiil be looking at this in regards to your contract I Think so Ithink you guys will get a contract take it or leave it and that is no good ok anyway good luck I hope I am wrong
player

Toronto, Canada

#7829 Mar 11, 2013
power worker wrote:
Have you guys seen the Spec Max Aicher in the hilton works wants to reduce pay benifis pensions dont you think US Steal wiil be looking at this in regards to your contract I Think so Ithink you guys will get a contract take it or leave it and that is no good ok anyway good luck I hope I am wrong
sure isn't brain power! Lol
Derek

Port Dover, Canada

#7830 Mar 12, 2013
power worker wrote:
The problem with Max Aicher is that they have no customers(or at least very few).
player

Pickering, Canada

#7831 Mar 14, 2013
Ha ha Lake sucking up already. US Steel negotiates outside of the media. Cloke and dagger. That's why you don't know what's going on. It's only your lively hood. Why Should you be informed. Lol.
Wow

Waterford, Canada

#7832 Mar 14, 2013
player wrote:
Ha ha Lake sucking up already. US Steel negotiates outside of the media. Cloke and dagger. That's why you don't know what's going on. It's only your lively hood. Why Should you be informed. Lol.
that's normal. How long you worked unionized?
lew slave

Simcoe, Canada

#7833 Mar 15, 2013
Looks the the union has some sort of information to share finally.

http://www.uswa8782.com
Dude

Caledon, Canada

#7834 Mar 16, 2013
Scare tactics or not, this doesn't look promising.
Lewy

Hamilton, Canada

#7836 Mar 16, 2013
Same as Hamilton lock out. They trained the white hats a few weeks before lock out.
player

Pickering, Canada

#7837 Mar 17, 2013
Dude wrote:
Scare tactics or not, this doesn't look promising.
Don't let them scare ya. Support your negotiators. EI Sub = paid vacation. 11 months flys by.
Dude

Caledon, Canada

#7838 Mar 17, 2013
player wrote:
<quoted text> Don't let them scare ya. Support your negotiators. EI Sub = paid vacation. 11 months flys by.
I hope it doesn't come to that
player

Pickering, Canada

#7839 Mar 17, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope it doesn't come to that
. That's always up to us steal. It will either be an offer of reasonable settlement with door to negotiate. Or something ridiculous you can never accept if their planning on a work stoppage. You'll know soon enough.
Not a lew Slave

Brantford, Canada

#7840 Mar 17, 2013
player wrote:
<quoted text> Don't let them scare ya. Support your negotiators. EI Sub = paid vacation. 11 months flys by.
No EI and Sub this time, they will force a vote.
Don't accept any concessions even if we have to strike.
Remember, there will be a picket line and they have to cross it, but we won't be so friendly this time around.
player

Pickering, Canada

#7841 Mar 17, 2013
Not a lew Slave wrote:
<quoted text>
No EI and Sub this time, they will force a vote.
Don't accept any concessions even if we have to strike.
Remember, there will be a picket line and they have to cross it, but we won't be so friendly this time around.
oh boy. Here it goes. First pensioner sticks his head out of the weeds. Its all so clear when ya know your cheques will continue. You must have inside info I guess.The rest of us will wait for the facts.than go from there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Thu Former Stelco Cop 15,942
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) Jul 29 Ranger 1 111
New Steelworker (Jan '12) Jul '16 Imaginethat 93
The Good and Bad about US Steel (Jan '11) Jun '16 really 63
News China's Hebei Iron & Steel says U.S. probe dama... Jun '16 marpy 1
More from around the web