lew slave

Simcoe, Canada

#7757 Jan 11, 2013
Did anyone hear a weird rumour about he company wanting to make the hsm wider for special automotive steel?
justarodburner

Simcoe, Canada

#7758 Jan 11, 2013
lew slave wrote:
Did anyone hear a weird rumour about he company wanting to make the hsm wider for special automotive steel?
i know they are not making the caster any wider....... so i doubt they would bring steel here to roll...... they prefer there pride and joy mills down south for that.

jmo
lew slave

Canada

#7759 Jan 15, 2013
Anything about negotiations at the monthly today?
Laker

Brantford, Canada

#7760 Jan 15, 2013
lew slave wrote:
Anything about negotiations at the monthly today?
Start saving.....
jmop

Port Dover, Canada

#7761 Jan 16, 2013
both sides seem to feel they have advantage not going to be ez negotiations.
have no advantage

Dundas, Canada

#7762 Jan 16, 2013
jmop wrote:
both sides seem to feel they have advantage not going to be ez negotiations.
when will our union learn we have no power against them, we are only a small piece of the puzzle, we will get what we get or we will be out again until they need us which will be another 8 months.
lew slave

Simcoe, Canada

#7763 Jan 16, 2013
have no advantage wrote:
<quoted text>
when will our union learn we have no power against them, we are only a small piece of the puzzle, we will get what we get or we will be out again until they need us which will be another 8 months.
They hopefully are already aware we have no advantage after what we went through last time. Hopefully it will at least be a stand pat contract. We all know they will never give us a raise or any other perks. What we get now is fine with me.
Not a lew Slave

Brantford, Canada

#7764 Jan 17, 2013
Thats why your a lew slave, grow some balls, to accept a stand pat contract is going backwards.
I don't see the utilities companies, oil companies,or anyone come to that who will say, we
are going to keep our prices the same for the next X amount of years.
Just occured to me, perhaps your one of those white hat scum suckers or a wantaby.
lew slave

Simcoe, Canada

#7765 Jan 17, 2013
Not a lew Slave wrote:
Thats why your a lew slave, grow some balls, to accept a stand pat contract is going backwards.
I don't see the utilities companies, oil companies,or anyone come to that who will say, we
are going to keep our prices the same for the next X amount of years.
Just occured to me, perhaps your one of those white hat scum suckers or a wantaby.
Balls or not. If you think you can get more out of USS you are dreaming. We have no bargaining power at all. It will end up the same as last time if we go for more. idle the place and produce everything in the states until we are ready to say yes. We will be lucky to get a stand pat agreement.
lew slave

Simcoe, Canada

#7766 Jan 17, 2013
The high dollar and weak economy isn't going to help us either.
lew slave

Simcoe, Canada

#7767 Jan 17, 2013
I am also not a white hat either. Never will be.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7768 Jan 20, 2013
lew slave wrote:
I am also not a white hat either. Never will be.
This is your chance to win back losses from the lockout, US steel American workers gained recently. Autoworkers gained back concessions lost from recession. There is an auto parts shortage, companies like USS cannot keep up with demand. If you do get locked out, I can't see them shutting down cold rolling and coating in Hamilton (too much at stake).
When times are good you gain, when times are bad you lose. Do a little reading.
lew slave

Canada

#7769 Jan 20, 2013
auto worker wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your chance to win back losses from the lockout, US steel American workers gained recently. Autoworkers gained back concessions lost from recession. There is an auto parts shortage, companies like USS cannot keep up with demand. If you do get locked out, I can't see them shutting down cold rolling and coating in Hamilton (too much at stake).
When times are good you gain, when times are bad you lose. Do a little reading.
I wish I was that optimistic. US steelworkers also got a raise and bigger bonus back in 2008 and we still got locked out. USS thinks we are overpaid as it is so I doubt we will get any wage increases. We will see though. They are the ones with the bargaining power so its up to them what they are going to do. I personally would be happy with what we have now. I did hear rumors about about Toyota wanting us to sty open so they can get steel from here for the long term. I'll believe when i see it but if its true thats a bit of incentive for the union and company to work something out.

“kidding”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7770 Jan 22, 2013
Here we go with the head games started by u s steal. Lets NEVER forget this company's decision makers only care about americans and american jobs. They won't even give us the u s offer in case we take it and they can't lock us out again.
Leonard Walker

Delhi, Canada

#7771 Jan 23, 2013
I think they will lock us out because some of the guys in the coke ovens are working hard enough!
lets be busy guys. good i have some coins saved!
have no advantage

Dundas, Canada

#7773 Jan 29, 2013
Sad to say but there i more info on the 1005 website about our negotiations than on our own 8782 website. There are stil 2outstanding issues from 3 years ago and we wait ntil now to try and solve them, wake up union get us a deal
justarodburner

Simcoe, Canada

#7774 Jan 29, 2013
have no advantage wrote:
Sad to say but there i more info on the 1005 website about our negotiations than on our own 8782 website. There are stil 2outstanding issues from 3 years ago and we wait ntil now to try and solve them, wake up union get us a deal
no surprise there......i wouldnt be surprised if someone actually answered the phone at the 1005 hall too

“kidding”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7775 Jan 29, 2013
justarodburner wrote:
<quoted text>no surprise there......i wouldnt be surprised if someone actually answered the phone at the 1005 hall too
I hear this time and time again. Why does 8782 even have a hall when 75% of the time there isn't someone in the upper ranks of the local there to speak to.
lew slave

Canada

#7776 Feb 13, 2013
Any word on negotiations? I overheard some people talking that they weren't going so good right now.
Lew

Guelph, Canada

#7777 Feb 13, 2013
They would have to start negotiations for them not to be going well......they haven't even started yet
lew slave wrote:
Any word on negotiations? I overheard some people talking that they weren't going so good right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) 1 hr Mike 2 14,833
how long is hiring process (Sep '12) Tue yoyo 9
FOR QUICK SPELL CLICK, http://jaja7demonsonlin... Oct 20 Dennis 1
i need my ex husband back to me Oct 14 Mike 2 2
join illuminati in new york today. Oct 10 Mike 2 2
join to be rich (Jun '13) Oct 9 Lloyd Blaze 2
A case of buyer's remorse? What went wrong at U... Oct 1 Little Proud 8782Guy 4

United States Steel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE