Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
stalin

Canada

#6375 Nov 9, 2010
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>Let the ROLF propaganda begin, 300 at best at the rally. ALL F.CKIN pensioners, very little active members. So keep saying there was many younger workers there when it's all B.LL SH.T. The ones that were there would vote in favor of the deal. Rolf you keep saying how can 900 control the fate of 9000. Well how the F.CK can one arrogant man control the fate of 900. Do you call that democracy ROLF. YOU COMMIE C.CK S.CKER. What comes around goes around,we will decide. YOU F.CKIN DRAFT DODGER,COWARD. That's right run to CANADA you chicken SH.T. Go dictate to someone else you F.CK, we live in a free country.
History suggests that the American soldiers at the Alamo,facing certain slaughter,turned their rifles on each other rather than let the Indians cut them up.Looks like 1005 is going straight to the knives while the Americans watch their plan unfold.
stalin

Canada

#6376 Nov 9, 2010
Correction,Custer's last stand at Little Big Horn,not the Alamo.
Kirk

Barrie, Canada

#6377 Nov 9, 2010
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>Let the ROLF propaganda begin, 300 at best at the rally. ALL F.CKIN pensioners, very little active members. So keep saying there was many younger workers there when it's all B.LL SH.T. The ones that were there would vote in favor of the deal. Rolf you keep saying how can 900 control the fate of 9000. Well how the F.CK can one arrogant man control the fate of 900. Do you call that democracy ROLF. YOU COMMIE C.CK S.CKER. What comes around goes around,we will decide. YOU F.CKIN DRAFT DODGER,COWARD. That's right run to CANADA you chicken SH.T. Go dictate to someone else you F.CK, we live in a free country.
With Union Brothers like this ! Who needs enemies ...
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#6378 Nov 9, 2010
stalin wrote:
<quoted text>History suggests that the American soldiers at the Alamo,facing certain slaughter,turned their rifles on each other rather than let the Indians cut them up.Looks like 1005 is going straight to the knives while the Americans watch their plan unfold.
Where are are native BROTHERS from 6 nations. Rolf and his commie buddies were waving the 1005 flag on highway 6 Are the native BROTHERS blockading the gate in Hamilton.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#6379 Nov 9, 2010
1005 unions pension fund is underfunded by 870 million dollars. Where is this money going to come from. The company hasn't made money in 2 years.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#6380 Nov 9, 2010
Kitchen Leftovers wrote:
One time I was broke and went to McDonalds with a $100 monopoly bill. They actually gave me a cheeseburger and small fries but no change. I think they thought I was mentally challenged and felt sorry for me.
.......BUUURRRRP
The only guy i know who could get away with that is the ANT MAN.
justarodburner

Harriston, Canada

#6381 Nov 9, 2010
???? Where does it say they are not going to fulfill their existing pension obligations??

i keep rereading articles and i cant find them stating that.

all i see is that they do not want more people starting on the existing pension plan..
justarodburner

Harriston, Canada

#6382 Nov 9, 2010
Clem wrote:
1005 unions pension fund is underfunded by 870 million dollars. Where is this money going to come from. The company hasn't made money in 2 years.
thats an easy one to answer

they will not have to by paint and dust lift for 1 year. that should pretty much do it
power worker

Port Dover, Canada

#6383 Nov 9, 2010
Kirk wrote:
<quoted text>
With Union Brothers like this ! Who needs enemies ...
youare so right they also dont get it the place will not open ever the have got what they wanted to close down USS is not to be trusted take alook what they have done started furnaces in the states wake up you no what they are doing
time in time out

Stoney Creek, Canada

#6384 Nov 9, 2010
steelpawn wrote:
<quoted text>It's simple-minded wimps like you who will eventually be working for mimimum wage poking iron out of a furnace on night shift.The older guys have been through a lot of strikes and layoffs to get the wages and benefits we have.Our union would not have a chance if crybaby wimps like you have to vote on future contracts.
I agree as to what you’re saying, but also remember are union was fighting Stelco and the pensioners weren’t coming and going as contractors and then collecting ei while we were out.
You have to ask yourself why active members what A vote and I’m sure there’s a ton of reasons as the same for Rolfs reasons not to vote. Bashing one another is no good at all.

Since: Nov 09

Chatham, Canada

#6385 Nov 9, 2010
Don't know if it's been posted or not, but does anyone know the status of the Bar Mill? Wasn't that sold to a German company with the promise of steel supplied by Hilton Works? Is it even running?
Slivers

Dundas, Canada

#6386 Nov 9, 2010
LEWser wrote:
Don't know if it's been posted or not, but does anyone know the status of the Bar Mill? Wasn't that sold to a German company with the promise of steel supplied by Hilton Works? Is it even running?
The last I heard the deal is suppose to fall on Nov.12...but these deals and dates have come and gone..have to wait and see...will believe when I see it!
fromleftfield

Walkerton, Canada

#6387 Nov 9, 2010
justarodburner wrote:
???? Where does it say they are not going to fulfill their existing pension obligations??
i keep rereading articles and i cant find them stating that.
all i see is that they do not want more people starting on the existing pension plan..
It's in black and white right between the lines in the investment canada act which says we'll maintain employment levels and productions at this level. The one US Steel signed and not Algoma or Dofasco. I'm sure it's written on some wall somewhere.
steelpawn

Hamilton, Canada

#6388 Nov 9, 2010
time in time out wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree as to what you’re saying, but also remember are union was fighting Stelco and the pensioners weren’t coming and going as contractors and then collecting ei while we were out.
You have to ask yourself why active members what A vote and I’m sure there’s a ton of reasons as the same for Rolfs reasons not to vote. Bashing one another is no good at all.
I absolutely agree.Unions cant afford to fight each other.Imagine US Steel managing us without a union?
steelmaiden

Hamilton, Canada

#6389 Nov 9, 2010
Imagine they might be a little kinder in order to keep the union out and be able to run the company without interference.We do have labour laws.
Tom

Hamilton, Canada

#6390 Nov 9, 2010
stalin wrote:
<quoted text>History suggests that the American soldiers at the Alamo,facing certain slaughter,turned their rifles on each other rather than let the Indians cut them up.Looks like 1005 is going straight to the knives while the Americans watch their plan unfold.
THE INDIANS?- lol - I thought the Mexicans played a role, but hey! maybe it was da Indians after all - lol.
Steelworker

Georgetown, Canada

#6391 Nov 9, 2010
That deal ended october 31
fromleftfield wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in black and white right between the lines in the investment canada act which says we'll maintain employment levels and productions at this level. The one US Steel signed and not Algoma or Dofasco. I'm sure it's written on some wall somewhere.
Confused

Chicago, IL

#6392 Nov 9, 2010
Why does the Union want something that no other plant in US Steel has including Lake Eerie Works in regards to pension increases? Our USWA leadership in the states and Eerie recognized that new employees should not be able to join the current pension just for the fact that the Company has tapped out on the current liability and wants to protect the pensions of its current retiries!! They contributed 185,000,000 this year! check the finacials!! Look at Bethlehem and LTV steel in the US they are getting 50 cents on the Dollar for their pensions with that same attitude!! The company can not keep funding it and be profitable. Yes the company needs to be profitable to maintain the livelihood of its employees! Hamilton Works is the most inefficient facility in the company and produces steel at the highest cost! but the union wants benefits that are not given to more efficient and cost effective facilities. They are bleeding the company dry! they lose millions a month but dont see a need to change anything! The Union president is a joke taking about slave labor? are you kidding me. This company provides a good living for 45,000 men and women. Some of which are proud to come to work everyday. Im sure employees at Hamilton feel the same way but the union leadership wants to ruin the lives of its current employees to protect some small increase some retired individual might get sitting at home. If someone who worked 30 years in the steel mill making a excellent wage depends on a small increase in their pension every year to make ends meet shame on them! they didnt manage their finances. So the Union will penalize the younger membership who has not been afforded an oppurtunity to earn and manage their money. Make no mistake Im a Steelworker from the states and Im sick of not cashing a profit sharing check because of the economic crisis. This is not helping!! I think it is a joke that individuals say sell to someone and things will get better. THERE ARE NO STEEL CUSTOMERS OUT THERE!! the few that are out there the company will give the orders to the facilities that can make steel at the lowest cost!
The arguement that US Steel agreed when they bought the Canadian plants to keep production levels and benefits is valid. But how many people who are looking at houses to buy flush the toilet to see if a turd will back up. You dont know until you move in and only then do you realize you need a plumber!
Tom

Hagersville, Canada

#6393 Nov 9, 2010
hey confused you don't seem too confused to me. you were bang on and i imagine most of us in hamilton would agree but we do not have the oppurtunity to see what that outcome may be.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#6394 Nov 9, 2010
Well CONFUSED people here will just ignore you or call you a company spokesman. Ask where 1005's 870 million shortfall will come from you get silence.Ask how U.S. Steel is a monopoly you get silence. Ask why the natives are not on the picket line you get silence. The president of 1005 is not a joke . It's much worse he is a actual COMMUNIST.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Nov 29 Pittsburgh Paints 16,071
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) Oct '16 slovene 113
More from around the web