Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada
1005member

Grimsby, Canada

#5700 Sep 27, 2010
Pennywise wrote:
Has anyone crunched the numbers aside for me on the new pension money compared to the old one? The dollar difference is enough to laugh at. We spent several contracts avoiding raises to put extra dollars into pension increases, so with the fear of losing a year to strike everyone is more willing to loose 5 years of retirement, it’s a lot easier to hold out on the line at 35 than crank manual valves at 67 years old.
I’m not saying we can’t go two tier but here are a few things that need to be dealt with in order for that to happen. The 2.50 an hour should be more like 6 or 7 dollars, do the numbers with realistic 2-3% retirement returns, contributions should be made for every hour OT worked also, because you know that this management plans using OT hours, and to those in steel making no mention of what will happen to iron making credits. Think!!!!!!
you hit the nail on the head, we got 2 stick 2 or guns P.S. didn't the american plants get an increase in there defined pension plan in there last contract.......
Lager

Hamilton, Canada

#5701 Sep 28, 2010
USW 1005 update September 27th/2010 ------>

http://www.uswa1005.ca/information_update_32_...
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#5702 Sep 28, 2010
stalin wrote:
Things are slow now,but both Canadian plants are running.Maybe USS has decided the ICA has some teeth.
Well Stalin after reading 1005 update ICA looks like a gum job.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#5703 Sep 28, 2010
Clem wrote:
At a presentation at the Credit Suisse steel and Mining confrence in London on Sept 25 Surma forecast forth quarter demand to be flat to down verses year ago in the U.S and Europe. Read between the lines all you Einstiens.
Who cares what Surma says .Spelling is more important.
stalin

Canada

#5704 Sep 28, 2010
Clem wrote:
<quoted text>Well Stalin after reading 1005 update ICA looks like a gum job.
Are you saying that USS will win in court? Not too likely after they admitted to missing tonnage and employment requirements.Will Surma shut Hamilton down before the 3-year deal expires?
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#5705 Sep 28, 2010
Surma will shut down Hamilton when he wants.The contract has expired and it's a labour dispute.They will delay the court case until Dec 21 2012 then the world will end and it won't matter. Time to go play in the rain. Just to let you know i hate U.S. Steel and i'm gone in a few months.Pension time.
pissed off

Kitchener, Canada

#5706 Sep 28, 2010
It appears another 150 local jobs will be lost as the Bick's Pickles Tank Farm in Delhi and their facility in Dunnville are set to close. The J.M. Smucker Company filed a notice with the Securities and Exchange Commission saying they will be transferring the majority of their production to their Wisconsin facility. It is believed both facilities will close by the end of the 2011 calendar year.

We have received the following statement from Bicks:

“The difficult decision to close the Dunnville facility and Delhi Township tank farm in November 2011 was made only after a thorough analysis of our operations determined it was necessary for the long-term growth of the condiments business. This decision will provide greater manufacturing and sourcing flexibility, enabling us to be more cost competitive.We are thankful for the services of our Dunnville and Delhi employees and our decision in no way reflects on their dedication and contributions. By announcing our decision now we are able to provide them with as much time as possible to plan for their futures.Smucker Foods of Canada is committed to being fair with all impacted employees during this transition. We intend to continue production through November 2011 and we will provide employees with a separation package and company-paid support to assist in finding potential new employment.We are also thankful for the support of the Dunnville and Delhi Township community during our time here and we will work closely with local leadership to make sure our departure is as smooth as possible.”
Maribeth Badertscher
Vice President, Corporate Communications The J.M. Smucker Company

Long live free trade.....USS added "no comment"
pissed off

Kitchener, Canada

#5707 Sep 28, 2010
The guy injured Sunday at the CMC is going to be ok, USS making 2 guys (1 inexperienced) do a 4 man job, bet the investigation finds the injured at fault and not company policy. Heads will roll in the CMC and not P'burg.
Retired Now

Scarborough, Canada

#5708 Sep 28, 2010
pissed off wrote:
The guy injured Sunday at the CMC is going to be ok, USS making 2 guys (1 inexperienced) do a 4 man job, bet the investigation finds the injured at fault and not company policy. Heads will roll in the CMC and not P'burg.
But of course. They will continue to re-evaluate the accident until they sucessfully close all loopholes that could reflect on the corporate liability exposure.

Corporate insulation isn't new. Stelco just used layers of management, and USS uses safety to the same effect.

Bottom line... I hope the injured guy recovers, AND retains his job.
mayday

Hamilton, Canada

#5709 Sep 28, 2010
Steel man wrote:
<quoted text>.........Iam not really suprised that Barb failed her drug test i went drinking with the bitch and she loves her nose candy LOL.
buddy, your a real GOOF..if you had a shred of decency you would not say such things about someones misfortune..you only have the balls to get lippy cuz you can hide behind a fake name..P.there isway to trace your posts and I would be careful you don't get burned for slander cocksnot....
stalin

Canada

#5710 Sep 28, 2010
pissed off wrote:
It appears another 150 local jobs will be lost as the Bick's Pickles ..... they will be transferring the majority of their production to their Wisconsin facility. It is believed both facilities will close by the end of the 2011 calendar year.
“The difficult... decision will provide greater manufacturing and sourcing flexibility, enabling us to be more cost competitive....Smucker Foods of Canada.... will work closely with local leadership to make sure our departure is as smooth as possible.”
Maribeth Badertscher
Long live free trade..
Guys like Smucker's move around exploiting taxpayer-funded incentives.When I was locked-out and buying bargain brands,I noticed that the pickles I was buying came from India,now I'll get to eat pickles from Wisconsin???Read the label and buy accordingly.
stalin

Canada

#5711 Sep 28, 2010
mayday wrote:
<quoted text >buddy, your a real GOOF... burned for slander....
"steelman" is neither a man nor real....

Since: Dec 09

Hamilton, Canada

#5712 Sep 28, 2010
mayday wrote:
<quoted text>buddy, your a real GOOF..if you had a shred of decency you would not say such things about someones misfortune..you only have the balls to get lippy cuz you can hide behind a fake name..P.there isway to trace your posts and I would be careful you don't get burned for slander cocksnot....
Mayday you replied to a troll, that was that moron Phil who used to try and stir up shit. Remember he was going to stop at the picket line and other such shit?
Picketer sucks Dickiter

Hagersville, Canada

#5713 Sep 28, 2010
SHUT THE F UP!!!!

Hamilton, Canada

#5714 Sep 28, 2010
Picketer sucks Dickiter wrote:
SHUT THE F UP!!!!
If you sign up you can say shut the fuck up, honest, would I lie to you? To a socalled man who is so unoriginal he(maybe an it?) has to copy my nickname. Well not really copy, but they do say imitation is the best form of flatery.

Thanks boy? man? lady? it?
1005MEMBER

Grimsby, Canada

#5715 Sep 28, 2010
pissed off wrote:
It appears another 150 local jobs will be lost as the Bick's Pickles Tank Farm in Delhi and their facility in Dunnville are set to close. The J.M. Smucker Company filed a notice with the Securities and Exchange Commission saying they will be transferring the majority of their production to their Wisconsin facility. It is believed both facilities will close by the end of the 2011 calendar year.
“The difficult decision to close the Dunnville facility and Delhi Township tank farm in November 2011 was made only after a thorough analysis of our operations determined it was necessary for the long-term growth of the condiments business. This decision will provide greater manufacturing and sourcing flexibility, enabling us to be more cost competitive.We are thankful for the services of our Dunnville and Delhi employees and our decision in no way reflects on their dedication and contributions. By announcing our decision now we are able to provide them with as much time as possible to plan for their futures.Smucker Foods of Canada is committed to being fair with all impacted employees during this transition. We intend to continue production through November 2011 and we will provide employees with a separation package and company-paid support to assist in finding potential new employment.We are also thankful for the support of the Dunnville and Delhi Township community during our time here and we will work closely with local leadership to make sure our departure is as smooth as possible.”
Maribeth Badertscher
Long live free trade.....USS added "no comment"
GUESS I'LL STICK 2 STUBS
1005MEMBER

Grimsby, Canada

#5716 Sep 28, 2010
OOPS STRUBS
Picketer sucks Dickiter

Hagersville, Canada

#5717 Sep 29, 2010
8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you sign up you can say shut the fuck up, honest, would I lie to you? To a socalled man who is so unoriginal he(maybe an it?) has to copy my nickname. Well not really copy, but they do say imitation is the best form of flatery.
Thanks boy? man? lady? it?
Why would you think I was meaning you? You are an attention seeking egomaniac! Hey and what the hell is flatery? Never heard of that word. Retard.
DRr

Kitchener, Canada

#5718 Sep 29, 2010
Hamilton furnace is set to blowdown Monday. Is the Erie situation repeating itself?

Location hidden

#5719 Sep 29, 2010
DRr wrote:
Hamilton furnace is set to blowdown Monday. Is the Erie situation repeating itself?
it is set too be down forever!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
transfer videos between android and computer (Sep '14) Thu xnik 5
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Dec 4 Retiree 16,074
Keetec Chat (Nov '09) Oct '16 slovene 113
More from around the web