Since: Dec 09

Hamilton, Canada

#5676 Sep 26, 2010
Just another number wrote:
Is it true that Barb Weatherston from Conditioning failed some drug test at work and is fired?? I just heard this on the weekend and was just wondering??
What the hell were you thinking man?????? Leave names out of here whenever possible. This is a public forum, anybody can read it. You could have got the same result just asking if anyone failed a pee test. Use that thing on your shoulders for more than a hatrack in future.

Hamilton, Canada

#5677 Sep 26, 2010
1005member wrote:
<quoted text> as someone who goes to meetings and LISTENS i don't really like that contract at the lake either but i hope it works out for them, but how can you agree to pension changes that in the end will be better for people not hired yet than for someone with 10-15 yrs...some times we got to strike even if there's no gains just to show we are willing to, because right now the company is asking for concessions P.S. maybe us 1005'ers should start our own thread here and quit hogging L.E.W.s thread LOL
Feel free to use ours, we should be in lockstep and I do like to know what is happening. But if you feel the need for your own thread use this one, http://www.topix.com/forum/com/x/THSPII918505... as you already do have one.

Good luck down there, these are major pricks to deal with.

PS, ex 1005er here.
1005 vs USS

Port Dover, Canada

#5678 Sep 26, 2010
8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to use ours, we should be in lockstep and I do like to know what is happening. But if you feel the need for your own thread use this one, http://www.topix.com/forum/com/x/THSPII918505... as you already do have one.
Good luck down there, these are major pricks to deal with.
PS, ex 1005er here.
thank you for letting us "Feel free" to use your forum , mighty nice of you. Thanks for letting us know that "these are major pricks to deal with." none of us 1005er would have ever known. It's nice to have such a intelligent fellow to guide us through our troubled times. I am sure all us 1005er take comfort in knowing you are concerned about us. An "ex 1005er" too. Awesome!
AGL

Hamilton, Canada

#5680 Sep 26, 2010
If it wasn't made clear to you about the pension indexing then wasn't that Fergies fault He should have told you indexing was gone as your president. I thought your indexing stayed intac . So you guys lost the defined pension plus indexing? Then I'm not so sure about accepting the same offer. However if we get locked out it is going to be a long one.Court cases can go on for years.But remember our stike/lock out pay will be alot less than yours{you had a hundred and something we will have 800}.I hope that the pensioners can contribute to our fund as we will be fighting for them as well. I don't won't to lose my house over this.

Hamilton, Canada

#5681 Sep 26, 2010
AGL wrote:
If it wasn't made clear to you about the pension indexing then wasn't that Fergies fault He should have told you indexing was gone as your president. I thought your indexing stayed intac . So you guys lost the defined pension plus indexing? Then I'm not so sure about accepting the same offer. However if we get locked out it is going to be a long one.Court cases can go on for years.But remember our stike/lock out pay will be alot less than yours{you had a hundred and something we will have 800}.I hope that the pensioners can contribute to our fund as we will be fighting for them as well. I don't won't to lose my house over this.
Talking to the new hires all across the plant there is a large preference toward the defined contribution plan. Ask recent hires which they would have preferred.

The part which truly depresses me is what if those a-holes who have owned Stelco or ran it, had actually placed $1 per hour rowked in the existing plan, just one measly dollar all those years? If they had done this from 1979 to present I doubt there would be any pension shortfall. None of these dicks ever thinks beyond the next quarterly report.
AGL

Hamilton, Canada

#5682 Sep 26, 2010
I agree but this didn't happen, and now all I want is to put my time in and get out but I have to make up time cause of previous strikes and lay offs or I would be gone.And I would support the guys finacially if there was a lock out because they would be fighting my fight as well as there own I don't want to send the retirees down the river. But I'm not sure I want to be out for months or longer.I can't see USS giving us anything better than what you guys got.
The GrimReaper

London, Canada

#5684 Sep 26, 2010
1005 vs USS wrote:
<quoted text>thank you for letting us "Feel free" to use your forum , mighty nice of you. Thanks for letting us know that "these are major pricks to deal with." none of us 1005er would have ever known. It's nice to have such a intelligent fellow to guide us through our troubled times. I am sure all us 1005er take comfort in knowing you are concerned about us. An "ex 1005er" too. Awesome!
..........Listen the guy is a attenion w.hore everybody on this site laughs at his stupid posts.The only reason this loser works for US Steel is because his Daddy got him in in the early 1980,s.The fu.ing clown still has a John Martin poster in his mothers basement bedroom and he jerks to it on a regular basis.
The GrimReaper

London, Canada

#5685 Sep 26, 2010
8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell were you thinking man?????? Leave names out of here whenever possible. This is a public forum, anybody can read it. You could have got the same result just asking if anyone failed a pee test. Use that thing on your shoulders for more than a hatrack in future.
..........Why FU...CK FACE.
The GrimReaper

London, Canada

#5686 Sep 26, 2010
8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered the last posting of long set of postings. Didn't want to answer the 4 or 5 related posts.
The spineless part is accepting whatever bullshit that USS offers. The one where the guy said clearly screw the retirees is one of those. Did I vote to accept? Yes I did. Was it made clear to us at the ratification meeting that we were losing completely the pension indexing? No, it was IMHO misrepresented to us. I may, stress may have voted no had I known that indexing was 100% gone.
The discussions Rolf is in right now is about where we were July 31st 2009. Losing COLA, losing vacations, losing indexing etc. etc. etc.
This is not a "deal" Rolf should bring home to vote on, you guys elected him and comrades to negotiate a fair deal on your behalf, let them do it.
Be solid down there guys, it is the only way to win.
..........After reading your posts you seem like a person who deep throats your Foreman on a regular basis on your lunch break..........Adda boy Picketer
The GrimReaper

London, Canada

#5687 Sep 26, 2010
8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
. None of these dicks ever thinks beyond the next quarterly report.
..........But you think of the theirs to suck on at your next break ..........suck hole.....
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#5689 Sep 27, 2010
Things are heating up try to relieve yourself with a 8782 farm animal.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#5690 Sep 27, 2010
8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
My real name is Max Baer Jr.

Hamilton, Canada

#5691 Sep 27, 2010
I see phil got his computer out of hock again.
stalin

Windham Centre, Canada

#5692 Sep 27, 2010
Clem's hero is Michael Jackson,he had a monkey.
1005 vs USS

Port Dover, Canada

#5693 Sep 27, 2010
new to this forum but only on picketers consent, spent some time reading previous post and i gotta agree with you reaper about picketer ,he does seem to crave attention. i imagine if us 1005ers started our own thread he would be on it too seeking recognition
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#5694 Sep 27, 2010
At a presentation at the Credit Suisse steel and Mining confrence in London on Sept 25 Surma forecast forth quarter demand to be flat to down verses year ago in the U.S and Europe. Read between the lines all you Einstiens.
stalin

Windham Centre, Canada

#5695 Sep 27, 2010
You spelled Einstein wrong.Way to go.If you're so smart,could you tell us all why Hamilton is still making steel without a collective agreement?
Pennywise

Pittsburgh, PA

#5696 Sep 27, 2010
Has anyone crunched the numbers aside for me on the new pension money compared to the old one? The dollar difference is enough to laugh at. We spent several contracts avoiding raises to put extra dollars into pension increases, so with the fear of losing a year to strike everyone is more willing to loose 5 years of retirement, itís a lot easier to hold out on the line at 35 than crank manual valves at 67 years old.

Iím not saying we canít go two tier but here are a few things that need to be dealt with in order for that to happen. The 2.50 an hour should be more like 6 or 7 dollars, do the numbers with realistic 2-3% retirement returns, contributions should be made for every hour OT worked also, because you know that this management plans using OT hours, and to those in steel making no mention of what will happen to iron making credits. Think!!!!!!
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#5697 Sep 27, 2010
stalin wrote:
You spelled Einstein wrong.Way to go.If you're so smart,could you tell us all why Hamilton is still making steel without a collective agreement?
Maybe spelled it wrong on purpose.U.S. Steel is filling orders and when things slow down according to Surma they will shut down Hamilton . Canadian operations will be used as branch plants.
stalin

Windham Centre, Canada

#5698 Sep 27, 2010
Things are slow now,but both Canadian plants are running.Maybe USS has decided the ICA has some teeth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
get your ex back now via email: drsambola@aim.com (Sep '13) 13 hr MRS SONIA 4
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Thu Toastmaster 14,836
how long is hiring process (Sep '12) Oct 21 yoyo 9
FOR QUICK SPELL CLICK, http://jaja7demonsonlin... Oct 20 Dennis 1
i need my ex husband back to me Oct 14 Mike 2 2
join illuminati in new york today. Oct 10 Mike 2 2
join to be rich (Jun '13) Oct 9 Lloyd Blaze 2

United States Steel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE