Stelco Lake Erie Works/US Steel Canada

Since: Dec 09

Hamilton, Canada

#5573 Sep 9, 2010
spike wrote:
<quoted text>
If you passed the testing, how many more interviews and how soon will give you a call
That question I have no answer for. Did my interviews before most applying now were even born. I am guessing things have changed a tiny wee bit since then.

Hamilton, Canada

#5574 Sep 9, 2010
You just have to love our want to be owners.

http://www.thespec.com/news/business/article/...

Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to be courted by such domestically responsible owners.

Piss off Bedard. Temember your roots. No wonder you disliked at the Lake.

Hamilton, Canada

#5575 Sep 9, 2010
stalin wrote:
<quoted text>In the absence of news and facts,people speculate.Then someone spreads speculation as fact.We should be used to it by now.Picketer has posted much useful info here,insults run off his back.I'm glad he's on our side.
Thanks Stalin. I also heard the Sun orbits the Earth. So until proven otherwise I am 100% correct.

Where do they come from? Do they forget the being bought by Honda, Toyota, KFC rumours that were spread in recent months???
REal DEal

Hagersville, Canada

#5576 Sep 9, 2010
stalin wrote:
<quoted text>In the absence of news and facts,people speculate.Then someone spreads speculation as fact.We should be used to it by now.Picketer has posted much useful info here,insults run off his back.I'm glad he's on our side.
he gives justification for your lonely existence.
Pissed Off

Cambridge, Canada

#5577 Sep 10, 2010
SOLIDARITY is the integration, and degree and type of integration, shown by a society or group. It refers to the ties in a society that bind people to one another.

An identity or coincidence of interests, purposes, or sympathies among the members of a group: ONENESS...

Shame some guys on the caster don't know this!!!

Hamilton, Canada

#5578 Sep 10, 2010
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
hey could you confirm there is no training this week, i know this already but it was also last week when you wrote.I just wanna be sure if im going to call them or not.thanks
An update for you Joe. Heard today 35 new hires of various trades and operating personnel are scheduled for training next week in the trailers. I hope you got your phone call.

Goodluck and try and enjoy the training. Some is very boring, some interesting.
Pat

Hamilton, Canada

#5579 Sep 11, 2010
Pissed Off wrote:
SOLIDARITY is the integration, and degree and type of integration, shown by a society or group. It refers to the ties in a society that bind people to one another.
An identity or coincidence of interests, purposes, or sympathies among the members of a group: ONENESS...
Shame some guys on the caster don't know this!!!
To many Bag Lickers there Now.
joe

Burlington, Canada

#5580 Sep 13, 2010
8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
An update for you Joe. Heard today 35 new hires of various trades and operating personnel are scheduled for training next week in the trailers. I hope you got your phone call.
Goodluck and try and enjoy the training. Some is very boring, some interesting.
yes thankyou for all your info iam one of those in the trailers i got my call last week.Thanks again
justarodburner

Harriston, Canada

#5581 Sep 13, 2010
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
yes thankyou for all your info iam one of those in the trailers i got my call last week.Thanks again
are you in trades or production?

Hamilton, Canada

#5583 Sep 13, 2010
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats (I hope) Joe.

Are you a tradesman or operating new hire?

Hamilton, Canada

#5584 Sep 13, 2010
FYI

I heard today Harsco (Hecketts Multiserve) members of 8782 at Lake Erie Works turned down the latest contract offer unanimously.

There may be leaflets at the gate one day this week so be prepared for delays entering the plant. Please be patient with our brothers still locked out by their American owner if there is to be a delay on our way in one morning.
joe

Burlington, Canada

#5585 Sep 13, 2010
8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats (I hope) Joe.
Are you a tradesman or operating new hire?
i wanted to work in the trades, have schooling and workin hours just dont have enough signed off hours for tickets and they told me during screening they were only hiring licensed trades at the moment.So i decided to take a production job and maybe a possiblity well come down the road to continue my needed hours or somthing else for other certificates i have. But Production is fine for now just glad to get back to work since my company of 15 years closed 2 years ago. thanks again

Hamilton, Canada

#5586 Sep 13, 2010
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
i wanted to work in the trades, have schooling and workin hours just dont have enough signed off hours for tickets and they told me during screening they were only hiring licensed trades at the moment.So i decided to take a production job and maybe a possiblity well come down the road to continue my needed hours or somthing else for other certificates i have. But Production is fine for now just glad to get back to work since my company of 15 years closed 2 years ago. thanks again
One of your trainers will be a young gentleman by the name of Zeth Zelem. Let him know of your interest. He is local 8782's trades coordinator. He is gathering names of those with some time in skilled trades with the hope of moving them back into trades jobs.
Retired Now

Scarborough, Canada

#5587 Sep 14, 2010
- 2010-09-09 Ottawa Letter from Respondent dated 08-SEP-2010 indicating that the parties and intervenors have reached an agreement with regards to the schedule for the delivery of memoranda in connection with the appeal of the Order of Prothonotary Milczynski dated Sept 23, 2009. received on 09-SEP-2010
Retired Now

Scarborough, Canada

#5588 Sep 14, 2010
- 2010-09-10 Ottawa Written directions received from the Court: Chief Justice Lutfy dated 09-SEP-2010 directing that "The Respondents' motion (doc. 66) to appeal the decision of Prothonotary Milczynski dated September 23, 2009 may be made returnable before this Court at Thomas D'Arcy McGee Building, 90 Sparks Street, in the Cityi of Ottawa, Ontario, on Monday, the 15th day of November, 2010 at 9:30 in the forenoon for a duration of two (2) to three (3) hours. The Respondent's memorandum of argument shall be served and filed on or before September 15, 2010. The Applicant and Interveners' memoranda of argument shall be served and filed on or before October 15, 2010" (Sent by fax only) placed on file on 10-SEP-2010
Retired Now

Scarborough, Canada

#5589 Sep 14, 2010
- 2010-09-14 Toronto Letter from Respondent dated 10-SEP-2010 re: The respondents will deliver to the AGC any literature or other materials relied on in support of the expert opinions... received on 14-SEP-2010
Retired Now

Scarborough, Canada

#5590 Sep 14, 2010
- 2010-09-14 Toronto Oral directions received from the Court: Martha Milczynski, Prothonotary dated 14-SEP-2010 directing that re: see attached for details placed on file on 14-SEP-2010
stalin

Waterford, Canada

#5591 Sep 14, 2010
The longer this drags on,the longer Surma keeps his job.
EI Joe

Hamilton, Canada

#5592 Sep 14, 2010
We will be on EI again before this is all done.

Hamilton, Canada

#5593 Sep 15, 2010
FYI guys and gals.

News coverage of the protest at ECP in Brantford. Good coverage of our politcal action committee chair.

http://www.brantnews.com/news.cfm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Steel physical and drug test taking to long!... 3 hr Waiting4USsteel 8
Why is U.S. Steel buying slabs from a competitor? Mar 23 Ken 5
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Mar 23 Broke 1005 retiree 16,247
News Stock Jumping Abnormally High: United States St... Mar 21 Alternate Truth Inc 1
application status Mar 21 Waiting 3
great lakes steel mill (Feb '09) Mar 21 Waiting 6,712
Pre-Employment Medical Test - NANTICOKE Mar 20 Under armour 13
More from around the web