Dundas, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Hey , Brothers ;
Does anybody out-there think that US STEEL will close Hamilton Works for good , if there is a strike and it lasts too long ?- Or if they can't break the Local in giving in on their demands on pensions ?
Local 1005 Going Down

Dundas, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Sorry for mis-spelling on LOCAL

Since: Dec 09

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Local 1005 Going Down wrote:
Sorry for mis-spelling on LOCAL
I would be surprised if Useless Steal closed Hilton Works personally. Just the environmental liability would be a huge amount of cash outly.

Hilton Works is still a cheap efficient slab maker and inexpensively finishes steel from Lake Erie.
stalin

Simcoe, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be surprised if Useless Steal closed Hilton Works personally. Just the environmental liability would be a huge amount of cash outly.
Hilton Works is still a cheap efficient slab maker and inexpensively finishes steel from Lake Erie.
Also,USS goes to court this week,they'd look even worse if Hilton Works was shut down.
Local 1005 Going down

Dundas, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

A lot of Brothers would like to see Lake Erie and Hamilton Works sold to Lake Side Steel ...
Mind you , I'm glad they're a Canadian Company .
But ,where does it benefit us ? Especially for the pensioners , if a small Steel comp. like Lakeside buys up the former Stelco ??-- Pretty soon , they too will start crying that their pension obligations are too much for them -- If US STEEL CANADA is trying to get out of their pension obligations ...What makes you think that Lakeside won't ... Personally , I don't trust any of them , Canadian company , or not . Just like the so called Canadian Steel Comp. STELCO...Who tried to stick it to us all the time ... Lakeside is too small ... The only ones we can depend on , is us...
still on EI

Port Dover, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
you would be surprised? I would be surprised if it wasn't. too many whiners at both plants but at least the lake has the potential to make money. hilton sucks cash the way picketer sucks a$$.

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

still on EI wrote:
<quoted text>you would be surprised? I would be surprised if it wasn't. too many whiners at both plants but at least the lake has the potential to make money. hilton sucks cash the way picketer sucks a$$.
Take your head out of your ass and look at the real world. Before we were shut down, cost per ton was LESS at Hilton Works to make slab then we were. That is a fact. We also require Hilton Works to add value for our big dollar stuff, the auto body exposed. They have the batch anneal, 4 stand and Z-line.

Now let us talk environmental liabilty. They have been making coke in Hamilton since Moses split the Red Sea. Useless Steal or any buyer takes on that liabilty with a purchase. Which is the reason we were sold as a package, as nobody would take on the issues with a cleanup in Hilton Works without us being part of the bargain.

They close it, they clean it.
still on EI

Port Dover, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your head out of your ass and look at the real world. Before we were shut down, cost per ton was LESS at Hilton Works to make slab then we were. That is a fact. We also require Hilton Works to add value for our big dollar stuff, the auto body exposed. They have the batch anneal, 4 stand and Z-line.
Now let us talk environmental liabilty. They have been making coke in Hamilton since Moses split the Red Sea. Useless Steal or any buyer takes on that liabilty with a purchase. Which is the reason we were sold as a package, as nobody would take on the issues with a cleanup in Hilton Works without us being part of the bargain.
They close it, they clean it.
hilton makes steel cheaper than the lake only if you believe USS propaganda and that is a fact. you know nothing you have lived under the foremans desk too long. come out to the real world, smell the soot, instead of dinning on salaried dna.
A-Rod

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

still on EI wrote:
<quoted text>hilton makes steel cheaper than the lake only if you believe USS propaganda and that is a fact. you know nothing you have lived under the foremans desk too long. come out to the real world, smell the soot, instead of dinning on salaried dna.
Your the one that would work the overtime and suck dick while your fellow brothers are still on the street.This guy has provided good information the people when spirits were down. So go f.ck youself you coward and hide under your foremans desk and hide behind your computer like a spineless f.ck. I believe the picketer has helped us,you on the other hand have f.cked your own. Maybe one day you will grow some balls and identify to the members who you are, better yet they already know who the weasels are like yourself. So keep writing bull sh.t on here you f.cking goof.
A-Rod

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

still on EI wrote:
<quoted text>hilton makes steel cheaper than the lake only if you believe USS propaganda and that is a fact. you know nothing you have lived under the foremans desk too long. come out to the real world, smell the soot, instead of dinning on salaried dna.
I think you should learn how to spell before you write something.Proper spelling of (Dining).

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

still on EI wrote:
Nice to see you have such an open mind.

The cost of making slab was reported as cheaper under Stelco, under the Mott regime and under Useless Steal. Do not confuse the old Hilton works with 6,000+ plus members and what is there now.

The guys who know me would laugh their asses off with the comment about sucking up to management. Goes way against the grain dick. I remember when you wanted to accept loss of vacations, wages and a reduced pension so you could get back into the plant.

So if anybody sucks up USS DNA we who post here have a decent idea who is on the end of the knob.

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

A-Rod wrote:
<quoted text>Your the one that would work the overtime and suck dick while your fellow brothers are still on the street.This guy has provided good information the people when spirits were down. So go f.ck youself you coward and hide under your foremans desk and hide behind your computer like a spineless f.ck. I believe the picketer has helped us,you on the other hand have f.cked your own. Maybe one day you will grow some balls and identify to the members who you are, better yet they already know who the weasels are like yourself. So keep writing bull sh.t on here you f.cking goof.
Thank you for the support A-Rod.

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

A-Rod wrote:
<quoted text>I think you should learn how to spell before you write something.Proper spelling of (Dining).
Never point out spelling or grammar errors in a posting till you proof read your own, just a hint how things like that can come back to bite you on the ass.
still on EI

Port Dover, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

A-Rod wrote:
<quoted text>Your the one that would work the overtime and suck dick while your fellow brothers are still on the street.This guy has provided good information the people when spirits were down. So go f.ck youself you coward and hide under your foremans desk and hide behind your computer like a spineless f.ck. I believe the picketer has helped us,you on the other hand have f.cked your own. Maybe one day you will grow some balls and identify to the members who you are, better yet they already know who the weasels are like yourself. So keep writing bull sh.t on here you f.cking goof.
thanks for the spelling lesson genius, you must be a millwright with those brains. oh and in your quote it's suppose to be "you're" NOT "your" another good senseless quote from you is "good information the people when spirits were down."please translate the meaning dumbf.ck. are you not a coward also hiding behind your computer with the name A-Rod? Just wondering spineless bastard.go suck on an A-Rod, stick to something you are good at.
A Hopeful Wife

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Wow, and I thought I got nasty!:O Just thought I'd send out a big thanks for all of your help (even you Picketer) and let you know that he did end up getting a call to go in for the testing!:) Though it required making a new profile and resending his resume. I wonder why they didn't like it the first time, but the second time they called within an hour!?! And I'm sorry I got mean, but in all fairness you attacked me first and I'd like to think I held my own quite well.

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

A Hopeful Wife wrote:
Wow, and I thought I got nasty!:O Just thought I'd send out a big thanks for all of your help (even you Picketer) and let you know that he did end up getting a call to go in for the testing!:) Though it required making a new profile and resending his resume. I wonder why they didn't like it the first time, but the second time they called within an hour!?! And I'm sorry I got mean, but in all fairness you attacked me first and I'd like to think I held my own quite well.
First off congrats on getting your hubby into testing, if he makes it through it was not my fault he started working for the devil.

Secondly I made one sarcastic statement, you did all the attacking.

Good luck in the future.

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

still on EI wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for the spelling lesson genius, you must be a millwright with those brains. oh and in your quote it's suppose to be "you're" NOT "your" another good senseless quote from you is "good information the people when spirits were down."please translate the meaning dumbf.ck. are you not a coward also hiding behind your computer with the name A-Rod? Just wondering spineless bastard.go suck on an A-Rod, stick to something you are good at.
thanks (wrong case, should be upper) for the spelling lesson genius, you must be a millwright with those brains. oh (wrong case, should be upper)and in your quote it's suppose (missing the required d) to be "you're" NOT "your" another good senseless quote from you is "good information the people when spirits were down." (add in the word "for" and it makes sense, but then you are probably to busy flossing the sperm off your teeth to think)please translate the meaning dumbf.ck. are (wrong case, should be upper) you not a coward also hiding behind your computer with the name A-Rod? Just wondering spineless (should have included the word you here) bastard.go (wrong case, should be upper plus missing the space after the period) suck on an A-Rod (just what the hell is that supposed to mean?), stick to something you are good at.

Man use spell check.
still on EI

Port Dover, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

8782 Picketer wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks (wrong case, should be upper) for the spelling lesson genius, you must be a millwright with those brains. oh (wrong case, should be upper)and in your quote it's suppose (missing the required d) to be "you're" NOT "your" another good senseless quote from you is "good information the people when spirits were down." (add in the word "for" and it makes sense, but then you are probably to busy flossing the sperm off your teeth to think)please translate the meaning dumbf.ck. are (wrong case, should be upper) you not a coward also hiding behind your computer with the name A-Rod? Just wondering spineless (should have included the word you here) bastard.go (wrong case, should be upper plus missing the space after the period) suck on an A-Rod (just what the hell is that supposed to mean?), stick to something you are good at.
Man use spell check.
wow you obvious need help to fill the space between your ears that your foreman take glee in yanking on while using your chin as a nut duster. you can go suck on an A-Rod too or are you too stupid to figure it out? dumbass
still on EI

Burlington, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

F.ck you Picketer
stalin

Simcoe, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

If Hamilton can make slabs cheaper than Nanticoke,it can't be by much.I heard a first-hand story during the Stelco days,(maybe 4 years ago)they had all the numbers for both Works sorted out so they could compare apples to apples.It was considered sensitive info,few managers were privy to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,201 - 5,220 of21,680
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the United States Steel Forum right now

Search the United States Steel Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stelco Hilton Works/US Steel Canada (Jan '10) Tue Leans to the left 14,242
Us Steel Hiring Apr 17 Parttimer 1
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone wit... (May '13) Apr 15 Hone 45
Join the great illuminati and meet jayz Contect... Apr 6 Amos 1
Join the great illuminati in America Conant+234... Apr 6 Amos 1
great lakes steel mill (Feb '09) Apr 1 Jeff 6,699
I need my ex lover back now (Aug '13) Apr 1 James morgan 34
•••
•••