Weyerhaeuser plans to convert to REIT status
Weyerhaeuser Co. plans to change its corporate structure to a real estate investment trust, the company said Tuesday.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at MarketWatch.
#1 Dec 17, 2009
I'm surprised the company meets all the qualifications necessary to do this, at least from the IRS's view of a REIT:
* Have 95 percent of its income derived from dividends, interest, and property income
* Pay dividends of at least 90% of the REIT's taxable income
* No more than 50% of the shares can be held by five or fewer individuals during the last half of each taxable year (5/50 rule)
* At least 75% of total investment assets must be in real estate
* Derive at least 75% of gross income from rents or mortgage interest
* No more than 20% of its assets may consist of stocks in taxable REIT subsidiaries.
Am I missing something here? Does Weyerhauser really derive that much of its income from rents and mortgage interest?
Since: Apr 08
#2 Dec 17, 2009
They've been beating the REIT drum for a couple of years now, so this is hardly news.
Add your comments below
|AERT Hit With Class Action Suit Over ChoiceDeck (Mar '08)||Jul '17||Lynn||161|
|Retiree Medical Insurance (Jan '14)||Oct '14||Southernsue||2|
|New Jobs on the way to Natchitoches (Dec '12)||Dec '12||Harley||2|
|Weyerhaeuser Wood products (Nov '12)||Nov '12||Rick Pettry||1|
|sticking it to hunters in louisiana (Aug '12)||Aug '12||concerned||2|
|Weyerhaeuser: A Stock Worth Owning, But Not at ... (Mar '11)||Mar '11||not a fool||1|
|WY CEO Compensation (Dec '10)||Dec '10||justtryingtolive||1|
Find what you want!
Search Weyerhaeuser Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC