Since: Sep 09

[Nite]tona Beach

#1 Sep 24, 2009
I'm sorry, but they should do away with ECW. I'm tired of seeing the same old same old on Raw/Smackdown, and either show could use a little more talent. I, for one, am not really intrested on what goes on Tuesday nights. Not to mention the whole premise of the show is based on the name and legacy (so to speak) of an entirely different wrestling organization.

Get rid of ECW. Move Superstars to Wednesday. What do you think?
dabadguy

Houston, TX

#2 Sep 24, 2009
I don't mind ECW really I mean I would usually say get rid of ECW myself but its not so bad. Their the only show that gives you real wrestling better than Raw and Smackdown IMO and thats the developing ground for new talent. Now I agree they should change the name but as of now I really don't mind it.

[Nite]tona Beach

#3 Sep 24, 2009
I don't mind it, but I don't care for it. Thats the problem. Superstars does alot of developmental stuff, not to mention cross-brand matches to boot. So do away with ECW, add them to other rosters so we have some fresh feuds.

I also think the ECW title should become somewhat of a cross-branded championship only for "Extreme" matches, or a specific type of match. Kinda like TNA's X-division title. Anyone can challenge for it, but it can only be defended on superstars because superstars will only have "superstars" type matches - you know what i'm saying?

Since: Jan 08

Nextmuthafuckas gna getmymetal

#4 Sep 25, 2009
ECW is the best weekly wrestling show there is. the matches are great and there are no old boring wrestlers to fuck everything up. i would much rather get rid rid of Raw. the show in my opinion is making its own legacy, it doesnt need the half baked legacy of the federation it shares its name with.

[Nite]tona Beach

#5 Sep 25, 2009
I don't even know what to say to that...
But I respect your opinion.
MATTITUDE

United States

#6 Sep 25, 2009
ecw is ok it gives the new talent a chance to shine

#7 Sep 25, 2009
ddfindl wrote:
I don't even know what to say to that...
But I respect your opinion.
dont respect my opinion, feel free to pick your favourite weapon and bash away at it.
randylover

Paramaribo, Suriname

#8 Sep 25, 2009
ECW is no that bad actually,just hate the fact that its called ECW while we almost never have hardcore matches.And besides we need more diva wrestling too

“The Host of The Cutting Topix”

Since: Oct 07

Castle Bam!

#9 Sep 25, 2009
What's better...ECW or TNA...cause ECW gets more viewers haha. That's right, more people watch "Woo woo woo" then Kurt Angle, Sting and the like.

#10 Sep 26, 2009
ratedRsuperstar wrote:
What's better...ECW or TNA...cause ECW gets more viewers haha. That's right, more people watch "Woo woo woo" then Kurt Angle, Sting and the like.
a show doesnt gain antertainment value as it gains viewers. ECW is the best of the WWE weekly shows and has the least viewers. similarly, Raw is the worst and has the most viewers.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 26, 2009
Once again Al speakeths the truth. Raw is HORRIBLE. My 10 year old brother-in-law loves Raw, and it's so sad to see how succeessful Vince is at his campaign to attract the younger audience. The problem he faces, and because he is stuck in his mindset is, in 5 years when these mark kiddies see the truth, what is Vince going to do? ECW is great, and hopefully in a few months we can see Regal rule over ECW before he retires. Also, make Finlay a heel put him as a ECW main eventer and give him one last hoorah.

“Pull My Finger”

Since: Aug 09

Deerfield, MI

#12 Sep 26, 2009
ECW is a good show to build superstars to main event level. ECW is like an televised version of FCW. I find it boring though.

[Nite]tona Beach

#13 Sep 26, 2009
Sam Mule wrote:
ECW is a good show to build superstars to main event level. ECW is like an televised version of FCW. I find it boring though.
Exactly. I just don't think they should have made a brand out of it. If Vince wants good ratings, and more viewers or whatever, then all of his shows need to be up to par and with the best talent available.

I'm not saying "don't give new talent a chance.", i'm saying, why throw all the new developmental talent on one show...??? I honestly feel like the older guys on ECW are being disrespected bcos ECW is like the "developmental" brand.

Just get rid of ECW, start fresh and let the new talent sink or swim.

#14 Sep 27, 2009
ddfindl wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I just don't think they should have made a brand out of it. If Vince wants good ratings, and more viewers or whatever, then all of his shows need to be up to par and with the best talent available.
I'm not saying "don't give new talent a chance.", i'm saying, why throw all the new developmental talent on one show...??? I honestly feel like the older guys on ECW are being disrespected bcos ECW is like the "developmental" brand.
Just get rid of ECW, start fresh and let the new talent sink or swim.
ECW has some of the best talent in the company. i think the other 2 have the lesser talent. ECW has the new, exciting talent and because new talent goes to ECW it means there is more variation in the characters and styles.

#15 Sep 27, 2009
Sam Mule wrote:
ECW is like a lungful of fresh air in the pollution that WWE has became.
astra twinport

Bury, UK

#16 Sep 28, 2009
i refused to watch ecw a while ago because it had become stale and predictable (same matches every week ),then after the draft and bringing some new talent in it has become quiet good again,raw is on for 2 hours which means they have to fill the show with promos and ads to make up for the lack of wrestlers they have.tna is even worse for talking and promos but has the best talent imo

#17 Sep 28, 2009
astra twinport wrote:
i refused to watch ecw a while ago because it had become stale and predictable (same matches every week ),then after the draft and bringing some new talent in it has become quiet good again,raw is on for 2 hours which means they have to fill the show with promos and ads to make up for the lack of wrestlers they have.tna is even worse for talking and promos but has the best talent imo
TNAs promos and talking segments are good so I dont mind watching them, i enjoy watching them a lot of the time.
Raw tends to fill their time with meaningless crap and their talking segments are often tediously boring and sometimes annoying to the point where i just stop watching.

[Nite]tona Beach

#18 Sep 28, 2009
Maybe ECW is better than Raw or Smackdown because of the fact that they only have one title to contend for, and literally anyone could have the chance to make their mark by winning it and thus, MOVING ON i.e. CM Punk, John Morrison ect.

ECW was there to give other guys that never really made their mark, with the exception of Kane and the Big Show, a fair chance at a "world" title - Chavo, Mark Henry ect.

The fact that there is only one Championship, ECW must make up for the extra space with really good non-title matches that encompass veteran wrestlers(that didn't neccassarily make an impact on the other shows) and new, fresh faces. Here in lies my point, it's a program to help "pick-up" not so popular superstars and to help build the reputation of the younger guys before they get put on the other shows.

If you disagree with any of that, let me know how I could possibly be wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God Blows The Devil Apr 21 sex 1
John Cena's brother is sooo HOT!!! (Aug '07) Apr 18 SeijnSei 53
Rex's Who am I quiz (Jan '10) Apr 16 Pollking 143
big hairy pussie lips Apr 13 nick 1
sex feels good Apr 13 nick 1
lick julz-hairy pussie Apr 13 nick 1
TNAA4life JLB1 I'm calling you out Apr 12 Rex 17
More from around the web