Wolseley may put Stock Building Suppl...

Wolseley may put Stock Building Supply on sale block

There are 10254 comments on the Triangle Business Journal story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Wolseley may put Stock Building Supply on sale block. In it, Triangle Business Journal reports that:

Wolseley CEO Chip Hornsby may be mulling options for one of the London parent's U.S. units, Stock Building Supply of Raleigh.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Triangle Business Journal.

D Noonan

Shreveport, LA

#7312 Jun 3, 2009
huge ballsack wrote:
time to say good bye to my little friends in fayetteville nc...to stanky franky with his little danky..good bye (numbnuts). to glenda (well i didnt know that!)but now you know your jobless.(what a slut)..to the PUNK andrew (jason's LOVER) where's your job security now. all that ass licking got you nowhere.when they foreclose on your house i will buy it on the courthouse steps and rent it to you. to marcell (the clock rider)what a loser. to david(i want to be a manager when i grow up)get a life. to janet (the drama queen) so long. to my buddy roger hoodlem(stinky bean) i hope they dont terminate you 2 times on your next job. to bad none of you will recieve severence.
That's some pretty abrassive stuff.
Ex Man Raleigh

United States

#7313 Jun 3, 2009
Has anyone heard anything about the Gores Group getting rid of the interiors, like cabinets, flooring etc?
huge ballsack

Spring Lake, NC

#7314 Jun 3, 2009
D Noonan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's some pretty abrassive stuff.
you can be abrassive, when you have a huge ballsack.
D Noonan

Shreveport, LA

#7315 Jun 3, 2009
huge ballsack wrote:
<quoted text> you can be abrassive, when you have a huge ballsack.
Apparently.
Know it all

Atlanta, GA

#7316 Jun 3, 2009
Ex Man Raleigh wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about the Gores Group getting rid of the interiors, like cabinets, flooring etc?
Stock is closing down Coleman Floor Company in Chicago and Indianapolis by July 31 leaving teh Carolinas to fend for themselves. You figure it out
FEP

Glassboro, NJ

#7317 Jun 3, 2009
interested employee wrote:
From JA this morning;
As Stock Building Supply continues to analyze all aspects of our business, we have made the difficult decision to suspend the 401(k) match effective July 1, 2009. We will re-evaluate the 401(k) match as business conditions improve.
I want you to understand how difficult a decision this has been for the company. We consider our 401(k) plan and the accompanying match to be an extremely important part of Stock’s well-rounded benefit plan. However, I’m sure you can understand the financial burden that we are currently under and our need to continuously review all programs within the company.
Should you have additional questions regarding your 401(k) plan, please contact your Divisional HR Manager or Prudential Financial at 877-778-2100.
Merit Raises for Calendar Year 2009
Due to the current business climate, we have also made the decision not to provide annual merit increases this year.
Our associates are the most valuable asset at Stock and we continually look into new ways to properly reward their efforts. We are, regrettably, in a difficult economic downturn and have decided not to offer across the board merit increases this year. This decision applies to all locations (corporate and field) and to all positions. I am looking forward to the future when our strong performances and an economic recovery allow us to provide these merit increases again.
I thank you for your understanding and we, as a team, will emerge as a leader in our industry. Together we will be sure to “Make it Happen!”
Joe Appelmann
President
This has to be the lowest I've ever seen. You'd think that these knuckleheads down in Raleigh would ever dream of taking a pay cut??? And then JA tops it off with "MAKE IT HAPPEN"??? Where in the hell did they get these guys who are are/were running this sinking ship? This is unbelievable at the way Management has destroyed SBS. Everyone one of these bozos is looking out for #1. They don't give a rats ass about the people that made this company strong at one point. SBS just needs to go away. JA & cronies will be flipping burgers soon!
gloating

Spring Lake, NC

#7318 Jun 3, 2009
i like the employee's that are in denial, they are so brainwashed they have no idea they have been HOSED. those idiots will show up for work when the doors are locked.
gloating

Spring Lake, NC

#7319 Jun 3, 2009
sorry about double post.
curious ex employee

Greenwood, IN

#7320 Jun 3, 2009
Out and About wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it part of the Siegle's offer for the Elgin yard, millwork, doors and cabinets (Elgin & Carol Stream?
no it is for that location only- does it look lide the siegle deal will go through?
SBS monkey business

Clayton, NC

#7321 Jun 3, 2009
Rumor has it that Eddie D may be moving into the location manager spot in Garner. Another member of the FOG. Male Employees and builders, now hear this, now hear this, warning, warning, watch your wives and girlfriends when the bald cranium is around.
chop saw

Greensboro, NC

#7322 Jun 3, 2009
FEP wrote:
<quoted text>
This has to be the lowest I've ever seen. You'd think that these knuckleheads down in Raleigh would ever dream of taking a pay cut??? And then JA tops it off with "MAKE IT HAPPEN"??? Where in the hell did they get these guys who are are/were running this sinking ship? This is unbelievable at the way Management has destroyed SBS. Everyone one of these bozos is looking out for #1. They don't give a rats ass about the people that made this company strong at one point. SBS just needs to go away. JA & cronies will be flipping burgers soon!
i think it's time to make it happen.all of the priks take a pay cut.
Muscle Shoals

Pittsburgh, PA

#7323 Jun 3, 2009
knothole wrote:
<quoted text>
when things were going good they were doing about 2x that in monthly sales, but eventually the wheels came off their cart too and they evidently were losing some serious $$, dont know what transpired but heard one of the senior VP's went down there to fire the former owners who were still under contract, so whatever it was, guess it had to be severe enough for this to happen....they were a great operation, largest remanufacturer of rebar east of the Mississippi River supplying it to many large commercial GC's who did most of the large office buildings & tilt ups in Fla & elsewhere
12 million a month? That's impossible. Only Macomb could do those type of numbers. Just ask any of those pompous a**holes. They were they only lumber company to ever sell anything and make a profit. You jerk-offs couldn't sell pu**y on naval ship.
The Judge

Spring, TX

#7324 Jun 3, 2009
Know it all wrote:
<quoted text>
Stock is closing down Coleman Floor Company in Chicago and Indianapolis by July 31 leaving teh Carolinas to fend for themselves. You figure it out
You have been miss informed about Chicago But Indianapolis is gone.
auditor

United States

#7325 Jun 3, 2009
Muscle Shoals wrote:
<quoted text>12 million a month? That's impossible. Only Macomb could do those type of numbers. Just ask any of those pompous a**holes. They were they only lumber company to ever sell anything and make a profit. You jerk-offs couldn't sell pu**y on naval ship.
Why would anyone want to buy putty on a naval ship?
what a joke

Palatine, IL

#7326 Jun 3, 2009
curious ex employee wrote:
<quoted text>
no it is for that location only- does it look lide the siegle deal will go through?
From what I have heard that the Seigles deal is done they are taking back the Elgin Store,Millwork in Carol Stream and KDC and the old corp will live again. To bad DJ,JH are part of the deal. I heard JH will be taking over the Elgin Store as General Manager and that people have been calling DJ and asking for their jobs back.
Aggrevated

Dundee, IL

#7327 Jun 3, 2009
It sure is to bad that they let they best General Manager around go like Randy H just because he didn't fit in the Seigle's click. it is a shame that is what you idots base your employees talents on whether you are Stock or Seigle's what the hell kind of company are we running>

Oh wait I know it is called " THE KISS MY ASS AND DROP TO MY KNEES CLUB"

PATHETIC

DJ does not belong where he is at JH does not belong where he is you two are making well over 6 figures doing what?? NOTHING!! For the rest of you that are kissing ass how about kissing my ass for once
tic toc tic toc

Ahoskie, NC

#7328 Jun 3, 2009
The Judge wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been miss informed about Chicago But Indianapolis is gone.
CA Bishop Lumberyard 7/31/2009
CA San Bernardino Inland Timber 6/30/2009
CO Alamosa Lumberyard 5/29/2009
CO Colorado Springs Lumberyard 5/29/2009
CO Denver Administrative Offices 5/29/2009
CO Denver Components 5/29/2009
CO Denver Construction Loans 5/29/2009
CO Denver Door/Millwork 5/29/2009
CO Denver Framing 5/29/2009
CO Denver Lumberyard 5/29/2009
CO Denver Panel plant 5/29/2009
CO Denver Stairs 5/29/2009
CO Denver Trim/Millwork 5/29/2009
CO Denver Window 5/29/2009
CT East Haven Installed Sales 8/31/2009
CT East Haven Kitchens 8/31/2009
CT East Haven Lumberyard 8/31/2009
CT Newtown Unknown 8/31/2009
FL Haines City Door/trim 5/15/2009
FL Haines City Lumberyard 5/15/2009

FL Hobe Sound Lumberyard 5/29/2009
FL Homestead Lumberyard 8/1/2009
FL Orlando Commercial Door/Hardware 8/1/2009
FL Orlando Design center 5/31/2009
FL Orlando Installed sales 5/31/2009
FL Orlando Lumberyard 5/31/2009
FL Orlando Window Installations 8/1/2009
FL Plant City Lumberyard 5/23/2009
FL Sebastian Installed sales 8/1/2009
FL Sebastian Lumberyard 8/1/2009
FL Sebastian Millwork 8/1/2009
FL Tampa Design center 5/26/2009
FL Winter Haven Truss plant 5/31/2009
ID Idaho Falls Lumberyard 7/10/2009
ID Preston Lumberyard 6/30/2009
ID Rexburg Lumberyard 6/30/2009
IL Carol Stream Millwork 7/31/2009
IL Carol Stream Windows Installation 7/31/2009
IL Chicago Flooring 7/31/2009
IL Chicago Showroom 7/31/2009

IL Elgin Cabinets 7/31/2009
IL Elgin Flooring 7/31/2009
IL Elgin Lumberyard 7/31/2009
IL Rockford Lumberyard 5/8/2009
IL Schaumburg Flooring 7/31/2009
IN Franklin Components plant 7/12/2009
IN Franklin Installed sales 7/12/2009
IN Franklin Lumberyard 7/12/2009
IN Indianapolis Flooring 7/31/2009
IN Sellersburg Installed Sales 7/31/2009
IN Sellersburg Lu
HOWS IT GOING

Myrtle Beach, SC

#7329 Jun 3, 2009
what is the total locations closed as of today?
Dead Man Walking

Myrtle Beach, SC

#7330 Jun 3, 2009
Are you out there?PTBSBS
Ex Stock

AOL

#7331 Jun 3, 2009
Aggrevated wrote:
It sure is to bad that they let they best General Manager around go like Randy H just because he didn't fit in the Seigle's click. it is a shame that is what you idots base your employees talents on whether you are Stock or Seigle's what the hell kind of company are we running>
Oh wait I know it is called " THE KISS MY ASS AND DROP TO MY KNEES CLUB"
PATHETIC
DJ does not belong where he is at JH does not belong where he is you two are making well over 6 figures doing what?? NOTHING!! For the rest of you that are kissing ass how about kissing my ass for once
I never did understand why SBS felt they had to dumb existing employees on acquiezation. I saw many get the boot just so SBS could start fresh. All it did was drive customers away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wolseley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Building Supplies (Jan '15) Jan '15 Ted Smith 1
cheap monster-beatss (Mar '11) Mar '11 cheap monster beatss 1
News Wolseley surges as debt falls, loss hits $1.85 bln (Dec '09) Dec '09 Hunter 1
News Hornsby Quits as Wolseley Chief; Shares Fell 75... (Jul '09) Nov '09 oldfei man 9
News Wolseley chief executive departs by 'mutual con... (Jul '09) Aug '09 just wondering 8
News Stock Building Supply closing, cutting 77 jobs (May '09) Jun '09 Shark Attack 2
News Wolseley may put Stock Building Supply on sale ... (Nov '08) May '09 TJ GARRAD 2
More from around the web