Wolseley may put Stock Building Suppl...

Wolseley may put Stock Building Supply on sale block

There are 10253 comments on the Triangle Business Journal story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Wolseley may put Stock Building Supply on sale block. In it, Triangle Business Journal reports that:

Wolseley CEO Chip Hornsby may be mulling options for one of the London parent's U.S. units, Stock Building Supply of Raleigh.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Triangle Business Journal.

New Mexico

Peoria, AZ

#6803 May 16, 2009
Old Emp wrote:
http://otcqx.com/otcqx/market/ quote?search=woscy&gclid=C K-sotP9wZoCFQoMDQodHnA9rw
Sorry here is the link....
Except everyone that had ADR's or stock from the London exchange was sent a check for the split.....thus you cannot go from that chart
Old Emp

Williamsburg, VA

#6804 May 16, 2009
Did you get a check? Maybe i am missing something. The shares are being diluted to account for the debt issuance and to keep the shares from being pennie stocks... So if anything you wake up on April 1st and your 10 ADR's are coverted to 1 and the stock price is higher for the 1 or your 10 are worth 1/10 the value. In this case 10 were coverted to 1 giving a stock price 10x's the original. In the US if your stock price falls below $5.00 then certain institutional investors are not allowed to buy your shares so they would use this move to increase the share price to allow it to continue to be purchased by these large buyers. I don't know if that is the case in the UK but could have been a major driver. I just dont know how under these circumstances it would result in them sending a check to ADR holders. Anyone out there have any of these ADR's and experience this?????? I would have thought you would have just gotten a new statement stating the split and new price.
Old Emp

Williamsburg, VA

#6805 May 16, 2009
Never mind my last post. I understand what they did. The sold the issuance of rights into the open market since this transaction was not registered with the securities and exchange commission. The proceeds were then distributed to ADR holders.
pandamanium

Utica, NY

#6806 May 16, 2009
The Nail wrote:
<quoted text>SW didn't get fired, his contract expired, he just went away. To Pro Build if you can believe that. He was useless, probably still is. Charlotte has been a mess for years, even before SW. Stock could be the only company that didn't make money in Charlotte.
He went on to be fired by ProBuild and then he ran a Roper location into the ground in Raleigh. I think he is currently in Greenville, NC working on running a Garris Evans location into the ground.
New Mexico

United States

#6807 May 16, 2009
Old Emp wrote:
Never mind my last post. I understand what they did. The sold the issuance of rights into the open market since this transaction was not registered with the securities and exchange commission. The proceeds were then distributed to ADR holders.
Bingo.....but i still doubt the long term increase of this stock. Same leadership that could have sold Stock last year to BFS, but decided to take on 750 million more in losses.....yikes....wait till commercial goes down...and Ferg is toast....bad strategy.
The Nail

Bangkok, Thailand

#6808 May 16, 2009
New Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the Gores really understand the supply chain and industry.....what a laugh
Your point? Wolseley didn't, not sure many people in Stock do, or care to.
The Nail

Mountain View, CA

#6809 May 16, 2009
Out and About wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything is worth more than nothing and this bankruptec isn't going to recover at all let alone within the "fast track" predicted by WOS.
It'll happen. Gores does not play, they'll get 5 or 6x in three years, period. They wouldn't be involved otherwise.
The Nail

Apex, NC

#6810 May 16, 2009
pandamanium wrote:
<quoted text>
He went on to be fired by ProBuild and then he ran a Roper location into the ground in Raleigh. I think he is currently in Greenville, NC working on running a Garris Evans location into the ground.
Yep. Truly useless from a professional standpoint, always manages to make bank somehow. The Ropers deal was dead on arrival, almost comical.
Ex Stock

Jackson, KY

#6811 May 16, 2009
The Nail wrote:
<quoted text>It'll happen. Gores does not play, they'll get 5 or 6x in three years, period. They wouldn't be involved otherwise.
I dought it. I was in the industry for over 30 years.There is no way to get those returns in the next three to five years. The economy will take that long or longer to recover. Loans are to hard for home buyers to get and will be for some time. I see a down turn similar to the early 70s. The 70s were a lost decade as far as growth.
New Mexico

Mountain View, CA

#6812 May 16, 2009
The Nail wrote:
<quoted text>Your point? Wolseley didn't, not sure many people in Stock do, or care to.
Unless they get an industry type that knows and cares about customers to run....then DOA
what

United States

#6813 May 16, 2009
pandamanium wrote:
<quoted text>
which sw are yall talking about? is it s. willis?
pandamanium

Raleigh, NC

#6814 May 16, 2009
what wrote:
<quoted text>
scott w
Asian Lady

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#6815 May 17, 2009
You want to buy my siding products? I give you a big rebate and pay to side your house if you start stocking my fine siding products.
Lost Again

Raleigh, NC

#6816 May 17, 2009
pandamanium wrote:
<quoted text>
Did SW do a bang up job in that market a few ago. I think that led to his firing.
SW was just LAZY. They hurt his feelings when they sent him to Charlotte. He felt like he was "inner circle" material. PLUS the Clt market was in shambles thanks to.....B Poovey ...
Shark Attack

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#6817 May 17, 2009
Is Universal Supply in Lakewood staying open?
2x12 spf

Saint Paul, MN

#6818 May 17, 2009
wanttoknow wrote:
Who left J.S. C.B.
<quoted text>
Correct
2x12 spf

Saint Paul, MN

#6819 May 17, 2009
done wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying JS resigned?
Yes
2x12 spf

Saint Paul, MN

#6820 May 17, 2009
Thanks to all of you about the information on the employee stock plan. It really isn't worth much right now.

Should have sold it whn I left
hold on

Lawson, MO

#6821 May 17, 2009
2x12 spf wrote:
Thanks to all of you about the information on the employee stock plan. It really isn't worth much right now.
Should have sold it whn I left
you are much better off holding onto it and hoping it comes back some. Some of us bought it when it was over $40.oo per share. OUCH
know more than most

New Hill, NC

#6822 May 17, 2009
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott W.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wolseley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Building Supplies (Jan '15) Jan '15 Ted Smith 1
cheap monster-beatss (Mar '11) Mar '11 cheap monster beatss 1
News Wolseley surges as debt falls, loss hits $1.85 bln (Dec '09) Dec '09 Hunter 1
News Hornsby Quits as Wolseley Chief; Shares Fell 75... (Jul '09) Nov '09 oldfei man 9
News Wolseley chief executive departs by 'mutual con... (Jul '09) Aug '09 just wondering 8
News Stock Building Supply closing, cutting 77 jobs (May '09) Jun '09 Shark Attack 2
News Wolseley may put Stock Building Supply on sale ... (Nov '08) May '09 TJ GARRAD 2
More from around the web