Wal-Mart shareholder sues over briber...

Wal-Mart shareholder sues over bribery scandal

There are 1 comment on the Reuters story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Wal-Mart shareholder sues over bribery scandal. In it, Reuters reports that:

The lawsuit seeks to recover damage to the company's reputation as well as costs of investigating the claims, according to the complaint, which was filed in the Court of Chancery in Delaware, where Wal-Mart is incorporated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Robert Snodgrass

Downingtown, PA

#1 May 1, 2012
I worked at the Exton,Pa.walmart for 10-years. i know how walmart is first hand. i always had great reviews and many notices of excellent customer service. Then we got a new store manager who was severely verbally abusive to many employees, myself, and even a mentally handicapped female employee, who he would bash until she was hysterically crying and had to run away to hide in the break room. Many employees in the store were afraid to report the abuse for fear of being fired. They told me if i report it i will get fired too. I thought those beliefs to be sad and shameful. I told them, this is America, not some degenerate country. We have rights and laws to protect us. it would be illegal of walmart to fire someone for reporting bad work conditions. They said walmart controls the legal system, politicians, and everything with its laywers and money and i would be fired even though its illegal.
i was really tired of seeing my collegues degraded and disrespected, so i started reporting the abuse each time i wittnessed it. nothing changed and the manager started making negative comments to me about reporting him and then fired me.
Then i went to the NLRB on the advice of a customer and they filed a charge on walmart. I had the charge dropped in exchange for having my job reinstated, but upon returning back to work i was faced with consistent illegal company retaliation and fired twice more as a result of lies told by the same district manager who was in charge and ignored the reports of abuse. when i went back to the NLRB concerning the obvious illegal retaliation, the NLRB started to act like they would help me, but then told me walmart's laywer got involved and they no longer want to pursue it. When i attempted to file a complaint the NLRB actually dismissed it and printed all kinds of false information and even slanderous, defamatory, delusive lies told to them by walmart,in a government file. It looked like walmart wrote the dismissal letter rather than the NLRB.
Now i have lost my job and secure life that i worked so hard for so many years to build, all because i did the right thing and reported the abuse when others were afraid, and all the beliefs and fears of the other walmart workers are now justified confirmed facts. Walmart is just totally unethical and despicable and is now actually even stripping American workers of thier basic constitutional rights.
Just imagine the possible repercussions and horrors which could be set to stage when workers are afraid to report wrongdoing in the workplace, and the shameful immorality of how it seems to not only have become a common belief, but a proven fact as so clearly demonstrated in my case and i'm sure many others and many more to come, that walmart is able to do anything it wants to its employees including violate their basic civil rights, and abuse even the mentally handicapped and noy only get away with it secretly, but publicly, and illegally fire anyone who reports it with the support of the goverment agency our tax dollars pays to protect us from exactlly this sort of thing. This is just unAmerican, not what America is supposed to be anyway. It appears that our once great country has lost all honor, dignity and self respect at the hands of Walmart's money and lawyers. Just think about what you are supporting next time you find yourself buying something at walmart?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wal Mart Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal Mart background check (Apr '10) Thu ivaningram 421
News Wal-Mart tweaks store rules for better in-stock... Oct 3 Lost 3
Walmart Closing at Midnight (Feb '13) Oct 2 Julio 27
Question regarding Wal Mart alcohol policy (Jul '12) Oct 2 Changail 197
News UPDATE 1-Unions file new Wal-Mart labor complai... Sep 29 Disgustedman 7
background check question (Mar '15) Sep 28 Jeffrey1234567 16
How long do background checks take? Sep 28 Brian 2
More from around the web