Can the J.C. Penney Situation Get Any...

Can the J.C. Penney Situation Get Any Worse?

There are 33 comments on the International Business Times story from Mar 27, 2013, titled Can the J.C. Penney Situation Get Any Worse?. In it, International Business Times reports that:

With shares of J.C. Penney Company trading at around $15.00, is JCP an OUTPERFORM, WAIT AND SEE or STAY AWAY? Let's analyze the stock Brutal transformation! That's the only way to phrase what has been taking place at J.C. Penney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Business Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yep ex employee 2

Bristol, VA

#1 Mar 27, 2013
I dont know its pretty bad!
laura baltimore

Kingsville, MD

#2 Mar 28, 2013
things will get worse for jcpenny if they dont get rid 0f that rotten apple ron johnson what are they waiting for get rid of the clowns send him to the circus thats where he belongs what are they tring to do to already damanged company make it worse
laura baltimore

Kingsville, MD

#3 Mar 28, 2013
its a shame we have to sit here and wait for this sob to do any more harm then he is doing right now i cant believe no one will step up to the plate and do anything what a dam shame this company is going to hell in a hand basket i just cant believe all this is going on get rid of him now and us associates can sleep at night in piece lord knows we need our jobs to pay our bills and rent so we dont have to live on the streets
laura baltimore

Kingsville, MD

#4 Mar 29, 2013
went to work today to find a real mess our fitting rooms are so bad we have so many z racks and carts of clothes to put away where to start we have no fitting room people and hours to put all of these clothes away bring back fitting room people and sales support we need them real bad we cant do it without them we need people to fold the sales floor they want it to look real nice right so the solution to the problem is sitting right here in your face fitting room people and sales support thats what we need to slove this problem i hope every one feels the same wayi do
mona

Austin, TX

#5 Mar 29, 2013
JPC was NOT broken Ron Johnson came aboard to "fix" it. Why would they think an Apple geek could run a business that sells mainly clothes to mainly women? Get rid of the clueless twit before JCP self-destructs. Or maybe he's just there to loot JCP for every dollar he can scam before he skips off to ruin the NEXT company.
laura baltimore

Kingsville, MD

#6 Mar 29, 2013
well things are getting worse as we see it now what are they going to do its getting out of hand stop the maddness kick the rotten apple in the ass and send him packing let him go somewhere else to destroy someeles company i just wish people would start talking and take action against this monster apple this is a dam shame i cant believe this is happening to such a wonderful company it once was jcpenny is broke has no money what a shame ron johnson is a clown send him to the circus thats perfect for him everyone keep speaking your mind tell it like it is get him out now
laura baltimore

Kingsville, MD

#7 Mar 29, 2013
is anyone going to respond today wondering what your thoughts are today i know no one wants to hear the truth about whats going on at jcpenny but you need to hear it anyway god doesnt like a lier or evil doings rotten apple ron johnson needs to be curified for what he has done to this company god knows we need our jobs to pay bills and our rent or will live on the streets thanks to rotten apple johnson
contact earth

Tokyo, Japan

#8 Mar 29, 2013
If employees hold hands and sing kumbaya together before each shift things will get better and people will feel revitalized
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Mar 29, 2013
There are rumors Penneys will declare bankruptcy, close 1/3rd to 1/2 of its stores and try to remain in business as a much smaller company.

This is really a crime, wether or not bankruptcy will be necessary the crackpot CEO with his insane ideas needs to GO, be PUBLICALLY FIRED, and whoever takes over needs to apologize publically for all thats gone wrong.

I feel for the workers who are about to lose their jobs
landms

Bristol, VA

#10 Mar 29, 2013
Sad for there workers i used to be one! So many changes to good people that work there sad how this company has changed so much so little time he has been so much money on stuff that aint worth nothing
Have Faith

Miami Beach, FL

#11 Mar 31, 2013
Sorrow looks back, worry looks around and faith looks forward. jcp is in the middle of a huge transition, this is necessary for the future success and growth of the company. They have received a large amount of scrutiny due to lay offs and cut backs and no one realizes all of the new positions they have created to aid in their success. Soon everyone will see this work in progress taking form and the new innovative jcp becoming not only americas favorite place to shop but also americas favotite place to work.
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Mar 31, 2013
Have Faith wrote:
Sorrow looks back, worry looks around and faith looks forward. jcp is in the middle of a huge transition, this is necessary for the future success and growth of the company. They have received a large amount of scrutiny due to lay offs and cut backs and no one realizes all of the new positions they have created to aid in their success. Soon everyone will see this work in progress taking form and the new innovative jcp becoming not only americas favorite place to shop but also americas favotite place to work.
Ron J americas favorite store and favorite place to work?

Well you are creating some decent jobs for fixture liquidators, realtors to sell your old store space, which will need eventually remodeled for the spaces next tenant.

If your looking at things that way your right, but as a ongoing concern you are in denial. The chain is being driven out of business by a crackpot who doesnt know what he is doing.......
Daryl

Port Washington, NY

#13 Mar 31, 2013
bob haller wrote:
<quoted text>
The chain is being driven out of business by a crackpot who doesnt know what he is doing.......
Same shit happening with Target. CEO on track to kill the company.

These idiots don't care about the companies, the customers or the employees they care about how much money they can siphon off into their own bank accounts.
contact earth

Tokyo, Japan

#14 Mar 31, 2013
Kumbaya
Little faith

Lexington, MA

#15 Mar 31, 2013
OH, SHUT UP RON!!--WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO THE COMPANY IS CRIMINAL & ALL YOUR EMPLOYEES HATE YOUR GUTS! YOU CAN'T BUILD A COMPANY ON ALL THIS ANIMOSITY AND THE RUIN YOU HAVE WROUGHT ON HONEST, HARD-WORKING PEOPLE'S LIVES WILL TAINT ANY COMEBACK THE COMPANY MAY ACHIEVE. YES, SOME OF THE NEW PRODUCTS ARE GOOD, NO DISPUTING THAT BUT YOUR ARROGANCE HAS TICKED OFF NOT ONLY YOUR EMPLOYEES, BUT YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AS WELL.
Have Faith wrote:
Anony mouse

Lexington, MA

#16 Mar 31, 2013
Read this informative link please...all was NOT rosy before Ronny Boy....AND things certainly SUCK now!

http://www.gurufocus.com/news/214436/jc-penne...
laura baltimore

Kingsville, MD

#17 Apr 1, 2013
hey people i sure do hope something postive is going to happen to jcpenny but i dont think it is we are is serious trouble because of rotten apple johnson look what he did so far no one is doing anything to get him out of his big ass chair making the big ass bucks to ruien our company what a shame americas favorite store is no more going down the toilet as we speek someone needs to save our drowing company before its too late it might be too late for jcpenny hope everyone had a good easter no one is buying that crappy merchendise they want sales and coupons get rid of those dam libbys they dont work right a waste of money what a shame
laura baltimore

Kingsville, MD

#18 Apr 1, 2013
what will happen to jcpenny if they declary bankrutcy bob haller that is scary i am really concerend what will happen to all of us employees look for a new job some where else i guess this asswhole needs to go now what are they waiting for bob we are already in trouble what a shame sales are so bad right now

Since: Mar 13

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Apr 1, 2013
Rumors are declare bankruptcy, close 1/3 rd or more of stores nationwide:( and attempt to restructure and continue in business.

With Rons leadership it wouldnt matter, the chain cannot survive with him and ackman in charge!
laura baltimore

Kingsville, MD

#20 Apr 1, 2013
i sure hope something happens now instead of later bob what are they waiting for this sitituation is really bad well get rid of the garbage now and start over fresh i sure hope that what you say will work bob just waiting for the good news to come that he is gone for good that would make us all happy i sure hope we can surive this awful pain we are felling inside so many people are leaving or gone what a shame i cant believe this is happening to such a great company it once was respond soon laura

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wal Mart Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question regarding Wal Mart alcohol policy (Jul '12) 17 min Jr_dz 284
background check question (Mar '15) Thu Anon 21
Wal Mart background check (Apr '10) Wed Jacob 495
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) Jun 20 Marie R 74
New CAP team (Jun '15) Jun 20 mike 22
How do i use a walmart giftcard on the walmart ... Jun 20 veronica 2
Get a $250 Walmart Holiday Gift Card (Dec '13) Jun 20 veronica 74
More from around the web