My first three months.
WalmartFuck

Boise, ID

#1 May 5, 2013
I was interviewed and accepted a postion for overnight floor maintenance. After close to 90 days, 50 of those days I've stocked freight. I've gotten used to the idea i'll maybe once a month get to wax the floors, which is the sole training i received. A few days ago, It just so happens that the cardboard baler broke, completely inoperable until replacement parts (3 Weeks) or a new baler (6 weeks), if all of this is approved by corporate. So corporate has to contact their contractors in a different state, to see when they will be able to fix or replace the baler. In the meantime, it is up someone(always maintenance) to make these half ass bales, which start with a pallet, then you make a base, then there's is multiple ways to go about it but regardless its all inefficient, and load them into a trailer. A trailer would probably make two regular baler bales. In the meantime we have plastic piling up everywhere and SSB are stacking up outside.

I haven't waxed floors for the last 3 weeks that i'm on. I've come to accept my new role as a freight thrower without an efficiency quota, which basically means for me, I'm not accountable. BUT since my yellow tag on my badge says 'maintenance associate' I and others that were hired with me for maintenance positions, who also are not freight throwers, bear the responsibility of making these half ass bales in the most time consuming and inefficient way possible.(I can expand on this, if needed)

I have questions that may be able to be answered.

1. Corporate really doesn't give a shit right?

2. Is there a reputable general merchandise store that would accept walmart as a reliable reference/experience.

3. Is it the Store Management itself, who doesn't give a shit, or do they see this as a minor problem.
David

Lumberton, NC

#2 May 6, 2013
1. 100% absolutely correct.
2. There probably is. If I was interviewing a former WalDumb employee, I would say to myself, "If they put up with the BS at WalMart, they would really appreciate being treated like a human being and may end up being a good employee here".
3.Store Management only cares about their scorecards and yearly bonus. You are just there to help them with that, they could care less about you personally. You are just a number and easily replaced. Thanks to the Lyin Kings's economy, there are plenty of unemployed that are desperate enough to take a job at WM.
Shondra

Kirksville, MO

#3 May 6, 2013
What they are doing with the new computerized scheduling has really messed things up but I think that is what corporate wants, so people who have been there a long time will quit. Our dept. has a history of getting high school or college age kids who do not want to work but want a paycheck. The rest of us end up doing the work & then they cut OUR hours. Several of us work day jobs & with the new scheduling, we are not getting the hours because we cannot get there by the time they want us there. The company wants some computer to do all the scheduling without any thought as to availability or a reasonable amount of hours for the associate. Each week we don't know what kind of schedule will get spit out. If you complain, you might get a few more hours but having to ask all the time gets old. Reliable, hard-working associates end up getting the short end of the deal. I'm just glad I'm not full-time. They are the ones with worse stories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wal Mart Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal-Mart: Great Place to Work, Take it From an ... (Feb '08) Tue Silveria 112
Wal Mart background check (Apr '10) Mon Lana 535
News Wal-Mart Stores' (WMT) "Outperform" Rating Reit... Mon Elise Gingerich 1
Walmart new time off policy (Feb '16) Mon Jallnel 20
Walmart plastic security boxes... (Feb '12) Sun Shiela 22
bad service Aug 20 Rippedoff 1
Why Does Walmart.com Jack up the prices on popu... Aug 20 Donna 4
More from around the web