Wal Mart background check
Debbie Chisolm

Jonesboro, GA

#45 Nov 7, 2011
I was charged with child abuse can i work at Walmart
Debbie Chisolm

Jonesboro, GA

#46 Nov 7, 2011
I belive in forgivenss I am a very hard worker and i wouldlike to be able to have a job where i can make good money to provide for my kids But because i had a slipped in my judgement and as a result i have a bad record I get jobs at fast food places but i want something more out of life Can someone help me get a good job with my 8 year old felony If superstars can have a slap on the wrist WHY CANT I
Deb V

Phoenix, AZ

#47 Nov 10, 2011
Pleze Cook wrote:
I been waiting on my background check to come back for two weeks and i know it aint nothing on record,but a class c mid.for hot checks and they keep telling me that it havent came back yet.
I also passed the drug test and they keep telling me the drug test has not come back. I spoke to a different manager who told me that the bground check only take 2 days max. I had 2 overdraft checks but think that may be the problem. I do know they send you a letter but have not received it yet.
Deb V

Phoenix, AZ

#48 Nov 10, 2011
That tell everybody that the test has not come back yet so the letter gets to you and you stop calling them. Other manager told me it only takes 36 hours the most. Very disappointed as we all know how hard jobs are to come by.
Manny D

Dallas, TX

#49 Nov 10, 2011
Well I called on Tuesday for interview drug test done on tues as well today is Thursday ... So hoping to get a call or even something but I do have a felony .. No violence or drugs ... But I guess I need to keep looking for a job in case this does not work out. But all this info was and is helpful thanks all who posted and who are posting.
Deb V

Phoenix, AZ

#50 Nov 10, 2011
Manny D wrote:
Well I called on Tuesday for interview drug test done on tues as well today is Thursday ... So hoping to get a call or even something but I do have a felony .. No violence or drugs ... But I guess I need to keep looking for a job in case this does not work out. But all this info was and is helpful thanks all who posted and who are posting.
Sorry I mispelled and wrote drug test instead of background check. I do not have a felony and they keep telling me my background check has not come back. I called back and spoke to a different manager and asked for basic info without telling who I was and I was told it takes between 24 and 36 hours for the background check. The person who offered me the job expected me to be able to start today!! I wish I knew how strict their policy was because I would not have put myself through this. I was so happy and thought I had a job. I wasted so much time worrying about my rx's and they were no problem at all. I would suggest to keep looking. I do believe that God can bless us and you never know. We can never give up trying!!!
Deb V

Phoenix, AZ

#51 Nov 10, 2011
Debbie Chisolm wrote:
I belive in forgivenss I am a very hard worker and i wouldlike to be able to have a job where i can make good money to provide for my kids But because i had a slipped in my judgement and as a result i have a bad record I get jobs at fast food places but i want something more out of life Can someone help me get a good job with my 8 year old felony If superstars can have a slap on the wrist WHY CANT I
Unfortunately, it seems like it depends on how much money you have to pay lawyers to get that slap on the wrist. I do not even have a felony and it is hard so I feel for you. I would suggest looking into getting it expunged. I wish you the very best luck.
Deb V

Phoenix, AZ

#52 Nov 10, 2011
Debbie Chisolm wrote:
I have not even been able to get a job at a fast food place!!!
Walmarthater

Grimsby, Canada

#53 Nov 11, 2011
i was hired with walmart for setup here in canada they did a background check and denied me but in the background check paper did say if its work relaid ed they will denied you will on my record it had nothing to do with work but they still denied me and yes i do know atless five people that works for them now and hs a very bad record and i was the one denied just to let you know walmart sucks for pay even if you have exp
Maranda

United States

#54 Nov 14, 2011
I went to Walmart interview last Monday and here it is a week later still background pending I have no drug charges I do have a misdemeanor of disorderly conduct cuz my ex husband beat me up and I was arguing with him while the cops were there I keep calling Walmart hopefully it works out I really need a job holidays r right around the corner but I'm still really worried ....
Ciggy Bones

Lebanon, PA

#55 Nov 14, 2011
I was not hired at a local Wal-Mart Supercenter because of a previous possession of marijuana charge. They said the DUI shouldn't be a problem, but the possession charge was. The thing is, I murdered at my interview. I'm great with interviews and this one was one of my best. They, you know, ask all those bullshit questions and tell you to give an example of a certain situation. I came up with my answers right on the spot, and completely impressed the woman interviewing me. And the job I was interviewing for was a goddamn cart-pusher. The possession charge against me happened over 2 years ago when I was 19. Wal-Mart's hiring policies are barbaric. Fuckers. Fuck Wal-Mart.
STEVE

Saint David, AZ

#57 Nov 23, 2011
if you have a warrant will you pass the background checkk?
inthedark

Chickasha, OK

#58 Nov 24, 2011
I was interviewed 2 weeks ago by walmart and offered a job pending a background check. On the app it asked if I had any felony convictions or charges pending. I have a deferred felony posesion of cds. Which is not a conviction and charges are not pending.I have called hr many times but no response. Will this disqualify me for a part time minimum wage job? and will they even give me a chance to explain.
K man

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#59 Dec 1, 2011
I applied to wal-mart and disclosed I had a car jacking felony that Ive serviced time and has been home for three years now. Ive gone back to school and received my CDL license. Through the interview process I would need to past the drug test which I pasted. I waited for several weeks with no call back. I called and would get the run around. Finally i received a letter stating they recinded and cancelled the job offer due to my background check. Which I disclosed and my application and the interview. (That stinks.)
Jacob Runge

Indianapolis, IN

#60 Dec 2, 2011
Kimberly Knight wrote:
Quit smoking pot. It's against the law, period. How can you say your a good person and ethical? What freakin world are you living in? The one I'm living in says it's against the law to smoke Pot. Don't get pissed at Wal Mart 'cause they don't want pot heads working for them. Stop doing what sociaty says is wrong. You'll do fine.
What an idiot. The law also says that methamphedimine has some medical value to it. Do you agree with that dumba**?
james

Salisbury, NC

#61 Dec 6, 2011
this has nothing to do with wal-mart but im 31 and in my younger years had a few misdo. charges, decided to join the army to better myself and get away from the life i was living. well i spent 3.5 years in service got out on a hon. discharge. well i applied at a security co. and worked there for 3 weeks when my background check came back they fired me from charges that were 8 years ago and over, all minor misdo's. i felt like shit, i can fight for my country but couldn't work for them, how sad. i guess the point is no matter how good a person you are your a totally different person on paper and thats what matters in the workforce. apperance, first impressions,and how you present yourself goes along way, and hiring a lawyer to get charges expunged does also. good luck.
jessie

Pageland, SC

#63 Jan 20, 2012
can you get a job at walmart if you only have pending charges in south carolina?
doug

AOL

#64 Jan 23, 2012
Kimberly Knight wrote:
Quit smoking pot. It's against the law, period. How can you say your a good person and ethical? What freakin world are you living in? The one I'm living in says it's against the law to smoke Pot. Don't get pissed at Wal Mart 'cause they don't want pot heads working for them. Stop doing what sociaty says is wrong. You'll do fine.
Good for you! Drugs are illegal and people need to understand that.
Life Is What You Make It

Virginia, MN

#65 Jan 25, 2012
walmart applicant wrote:
if you have a DUI you are never going to get in and any charges for that matter even harrasment,or false information to a police officer,any drug charges even if you did pass your test walmart is very strict indeed as well if five years passes after your charge you are able to reapply
That is simply untrue. I was offered an assistant manager position with Walmart last week and I have 2 DUIs on my criminal record, as well as another minor misdemeanor for criminal mischief. All of my offenses were over ten years old and I am sure that was taken into consideration, as well as the fact that I was honest and disclosed all of the above information on the consent for my background check. Furthermore, I have been through the background check process (including one very extensive FBI fingerprint check) with several other employers and have never had an issue passing one. The bottom line is most employers are going to consider the length of time that has passed since you received the charge and they are also going to look at the type of charge it is. If you have any drug and/or theft related charges, then most of the time you will not be considered. Other than that, minor misdemeanors from years ago are not going to hinder you from being hired at most companies. Good luck.
Life Is What You Make It

Virginia, MN

#66 Jan 25, 2012
FYI: Background checks can (and most of the time will) take longer than two days. My background check with Walmart for an assistant manager position took a solid week to come back.
Deb V wrote:
<quoted text>
I also passed the drug test and they keep telling me the drug test has not come back. I spoke to a different manager who told me that the bground check only take 2 days max. I had 2 overdraft checks but think that may be the problem. I do know they send you a letter but have not received it yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wal Mart Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WalMart: Unlawful Detainment! (Jan '11) 7 hr Chino 24
Walmart new time off policy (Feb '16) 7 hr Charlene 78
Walmart Price Match Policy 11 hr IKnow 4
Cap on the fresh side? 14 hr Lindsey373 1
Walmart plastic security boxes... (Feb '12) Fri Tomal 36
Walmart pay period. Fri Wyler 6
Walmart Bonus (Mar '07) Nov 30 Hector 196
More from around the web